Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: DSLstats v5.5 released  (Read 18630 times)

Oldjim

• Reg Member
Re: DSLstats v5.5 released
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2015, 11:33:27 AM »

very minor quibble
see the attached graph of CRC errors
I put the computer to sleep last night and this was the result
Jim
Plusnet

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2015, 01:06:07 PM »

If the computer is sleeping, DSLstats won't be collecting any data. But as it hasn't been paused, it treats the first sample after waking up as the next sample, with a straight line between them. If you're going to put the computer to sleep, it would be best to pause DSLstats first.

Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2015, 10:31:07 AM »

Eric I have noticed that after a quite a long time the Events log stops auto-scrolling to display the last entry and always displays the first line of the log when an entry is added. This happens after a number of days. Initially when first started it will auto-scroll as it adds log entries but eventually always displays the first line after adding to the log. This is obviously trivial but if you have a chance to resolve it I would appreciate it as it is a tad tricky to scroll down when viewing my desktop remotely from an adroid tablet or smartphone, which I do periodically to check on things.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2015, 10:56:27 AM »

Stuart, I can see how this happens if you have a lot of entries in the event log. The length of the log is currently limited to 500 lines, and when it gets to that length the first entries are progressively deleted. Actually this seems rather pointless, and I'll remove it in the next release (soon).

Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2015, 11:30:02 AM »

Eric perhaps one solution would be to perhaps rather than enlarge the log give the options to set the auto-save value for the log to a number of lines (up to the maximum) and then to start afresh when it is auto-saved.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2015, 11:54:51 AM »

OK, I'll give that some thought, Stuart.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2015, 10:05:48 AM »

This is now implemented in V5.6, which I'm preparing for release. When the event log gets to 500 lines, it's saved to the Snapshots folder with a time-date stamped filename, and the event log is cleared to start afresh.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2015, 12:40:42 PM »

This is now implemented in V5.6, which I'm preparing for release. When the event log gets to 500 lines, it's saved to the Snapshots folder with a time-date stamped filename, and the event log is cleared to start afresh.

Thanks Eric, I thinnk that will be great.

Stuart

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2015, 11:52:04 AM »

Eric,

Is there any possibility you might be able to allow more samples per minute to be taken?

I remember in the RouterStats days I had samples every 10 seconds.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2015, 12:48:06 PM »

Not if you're uploading to MDWS, because MDWS only accepts 1 upload per minute. The same applies if you're also using HG612_Modem_Stats with the 'Co-operation' option set.

If neither of these situations apply, then the sample time can be reduced right down to 1 second, although 5 seconds is probably the practical limit, and 10 seconds the sensible limit.
  Eric

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2015, 12:48:02 PM »

I keep getting an access violation on Windows XP :(

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2015, 01:10:09 PM »

Without more information there's little I can say. One thing to think about is the location of the DSLstats files - they should be in one of the folders owned by the normal user.
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2015, 01:28:25 PM »

This is odd and I cannot see how it happened. I have found, after unsuccessfully attempting update to 5.6, that 5.5 has somehow, without my action got into Roaming rather than Local.

I am confused how that situation could have arisen. May I assume that I may safely move to its proper place in AppData\Local?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2015, 03:53:35 PM »

@renluop: I presume you're referring to the configuration files, not the main DSLstats files? There's no way the latter could move by themselves.
For the configuration files, in the Misc configuration section there's an option "Location of config files". It's possible that the new release didn't detect your location correctly, in which case moving them manually (while DSLstats isn't running) might be successful, but depending on how this happened, you might find that you have to set it up again.
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2015, 07:43:22 PM »

Thank you for that. :) I did lose the snapshots, but they were in the picture files library and reinstated in the folder within my version DSLStats.

Hopefully, once I have new specs for my new eyes I won't miss config options!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

anything