Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Re: G.INP - Compatible Modem/Routers  (Read 6899 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: G.INP - Compatible Modem/Routers
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 12:05:13 AM »

only one' complaining are the ECI users because they can't get the new OprenReach toy to play with and because they can't have it there gonna make sure no one else has it until they get it

Since when has an ECI users made sure no one else can get it.  :-\  They are asking for fair play and not to have their line degraded.

Its Openreach who stopped it because they realise more than half the equipment that they installed is useless with G.INP and performs far worse with the DLM system implemented by BT. 
Its Openreach who stopped it because a lot of their engineers equipment no longer works.

ECI users are wanting their lines re-instated to how they were before they lost more than 10Mbps of sync and found their latency increased to anything up to 50ms.

Blame Openreach or Infineon -  not the 100's of thousand of users who are unfortunate enough to be on or issued with Infineon/Lantiq equipment.  :(

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Re: G.INP - Compatible Modem/Routers
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 12:18:50 AM »

How do you know the BB2 is compatible or not with G.INP ?

Because as I mentioned in another thread, EE's Brightbox2 under the hood is an Arcadyan  (forgot exact model no but in the other thread) that contains the latest BCM 63168 chipset (same as the VMG8324 & Billion) which supports ITU G.998.4.

Arcadyan also make the HomeHub 5B's
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: Re: G.INP - Compatible Modem/Routers
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 12:24:37 AM »

kitz put it well newt.  Your problem with all due respect is very minor compared to what ECI users would be dealing with if it got activated, please remember those of us on ECI cabinets, we cannot simply swap a modem to get it fixed, we are stuck with the dslam.

1500ES a day assuming they not all bunched up together as SES, is unlikely to be service affecting.  1500 is low enough that it doesnt even trigger DLM on the speed profile, and in addition the latency penalty is very significant for those who would be affected.

Also I already said I would be happy keeping fast path (whilst hauwei gets g.inp) I even said it a few dfays ago in one of the threads here.  Openreach ultimately are to blame here, they have created a 2 tier service with their obsession of dual vendors.  They are clueless enough that they rolled this out without realising they have given out millions of ECI modems that dont work on g.inp.  You blaming the wrong people.

You just need to sit tight, g,inp will be turned back on for hauwei users at some point, I think you got used to near 0 errors, that suddenly you think 1500 a day is some kind of crisis, it isnt.  Which is why I said openreach should have kept fast path for stable lines, and only used g.inp on unstable lines.  That would have significantly limited the damage.

The reports on plusnet forum's I seen arent too good for us ECI users, someone reported latency is reduced with the trial profile, but is still more than fast path and he still has a hit to his sync speed.  Openreach seem unwilling to enable fast path again for whatever reason on good lines.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:35:26 AM by Chrysalis »

simoncraddock

• Reg Member
Re: G.INP - Compatible Modem/Routers
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 10:15:58 AM »

I still don't understand how this wasn't picked up in BT's trials. They had months probably a good year plus to test G.INP and the modems yet now it's half way through a national roll out they suddenly find themselves in this pickle. Someone must be ultimately responsible for what can only be called a major cock up which makes BT look incompetent.
Fritzbox 7490 l Plusnet FTTC
Pages: 1 [2]

anything