Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Re: G.INP - Compatible Modem/Routers  (Read 6900 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: G.INP - Compatible Modem/Routers
« on: May 13, 2015, 06:11:03 PM »

I think Kitz can add the EE Bright BOX 2 to the incompatible list of modems yet when it was up and running as modem and router the actual download and upload speeds were faster and pings 10ms lower figure that one out.

All i know at present G.INP has been removed from this line what would have caused that to happen ?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: Re: G.INP - Compatible Modem/Routers
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 06:20:21 PM »

newt what is the product spec you was on at BT and what is the package you on at EE?
If the underlying openreach product changed, then a DLM reset would have happened and BT turned off g.inp on DLM curently.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:42:08 PM by Chrysalis »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 06:26:20 PM »

newt what is the product spec you was on at BT and what is the package you on at EE?

No change in product with EE it's the same as the old BT 40/10 just it's unlimited and i have lost the small U2 band it's all going down hill from what i can see.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 06:33:37 PM »

You have the hg612 back in as well?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 06:35:40 PM »

newt questions we need answers to.

1 - Run the bt wholesale tester and report here the upload profile if its either 10mbit or 20mbit (this will confirm what openreach product you on)
2 - Did you lose sync on activation day?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 06:55:57 PM »

Here we go Chry

No. 1

No.2 Yes i am back on the HG612 and The HH5A (Router) turned red at 00:30 in the wee small hours and then connected the BB2 but no chap authentication the internet led kept flashing red until 04:30 thats when it the internet came back on.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:02:27 PM by NewtronStar »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 08:24:31 PM »

The HH5A (Router) wont authenticate on any other platform than BT or Plusnet

Can you get any stats at all from the BB2?

All i know at present G.INP has been removed from this line what would have caused that to happen ?

As mentioned in the other thread, if your DLM profile has been reset as a result of the migration, this will be the reason why.   Any new lines or DLM resets since late March dont have g.inp applied.

The fact that you now have faster speeds and lower pings, would perhaps seem to imply that you may be currently running on the open profile as per new lines.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 08:36:57 PM »

Well Kitz I just don't know what to say i am to angry at the moment goodbye.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 08:54:51 PM »

We need to check if this is the case.  Can you get any linestats at all from the BB2 - see if its the same as this.

Im confused if youve put the Hg612 on or not - so if you have then you should be able to see the stats.

If theres no interleaving/Err Corr/G.INP then this will account for your higher speeds and low latency.    It may not be such a bad thing for you, because you may be able to manage the line yourself perhaps by capping to avoid being DLM'd - need some stats ASAP.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 09:10:50 PM »

As I am using the HG612 as modem and BB2 as router since 11:00am there are no stats available on the BB2

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 09:36:08 PM »

fetch the stats from the hg612 the same way as you did before.

you still on the 40/10 profile so I find it odd DLM has been reset on your line. My theory is EE use a different DLM profile vs BT, so e.g. standard vs speed, and that is what did the reset, the profile change.

Its very likely, if not extremely likely g.inp will be turned back on at some point, but now you probably will have to wait for these new trials to finish.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:38:36 PM by Chrysalis »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 09:47:50 PM »

fetch the stats from the hg612 the same way as you did before.

you still on the 40/10 profile so I find it odd DLM has been reset on your line. My theory is EE use a different DLM profile vs BT, so e.g. standard vs speed, and that is what did the reset, the profile change.

Its very likely, if not extremely likely g.inp will be turned back on at some point, but now you probably will have to wait for these new trials to finish.

For god sake Chry I don't need any new trials G.INP was the best thing since sliced bread and it's gone because all moners to there ISP has made OR cancel G.INP on the DSLAM how fecking long do i have to wait now to get G.INP back it's just fecking ridiculous that the the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.”

Your not the one with 1500 errored seconds per day  >:( an i don't understand why the short line ECI users are so anti g.inp

I did say i was angry  ;)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:07:18 PM by NewtronStar »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 10:55:16 PM »

we anti interleaving not g.inp, g.inp doesnt work on ECI and it falls back to interleaving which to many people isnt acceptable hence the moans.

Is it the needs of the few? thats unknown, silent users are not necessarily happy users.

Also none of the complainers told openreach to disable it for everyone, that was their own decision.  (well its possible the isp's asked openreach to disable for everyone, but since all that is a secrecy we wont know, unless those who seem ok with breaking NDA tell us).

Also 1500 a day is ok. :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 11:00:50 PM by Chrysalis »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 11:29:22 PM »

Woooooooah.   That is totally unfair NS.   

Think about how many ECI modems there are out there and how many HomeHub5A users.  This affects a lot of people, and if it had gone live on the ECI cabs it would have been even more disastrous.

You think its good because you gained about 3Mbps, However, if you lost >10Mbps of sync speed and suddenly found your latency at anything up to 50ms then Im sure you would be joining in with the moaners too.  The only reason you weren't affected was you bought a HG612 and unlocked it.

BT had to halt it because even Openreach engineers diagnostic tools such as the EXFO's and Infineon JDSU's wouldnt work either.

i don't understand why the short line ECI users are so anti g.inp

This is why... and for those on ECI cabs there would be no solution and a swap of routers wouldn't fix it.   So anyone who previously had a rock steady 80/20 connection with 10ms of latency would end up with 60Mbps speed and a high level of interleaving and absolutely no way of getting rid of it.   

That is a vast deterioration of their line and makes 1500 E/S per day a drop in the ocean by comparison.  Would you be happy getting 60Mbps on an 80Mbps line and 45ms pings?  Now perhaps you understand why ECI users are unhappy?

the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

If it had gone live to the ECI cabs, then if you include the Huawei cab users with ECI equipment then that would be well over half of the FTTC users who find themselves in a FAR worse position than getting a few E/Secs per day :(

With all due respect your'e upset because you've (temporarily) lost a couple of Mbps that g.inp gave you.   Now just imagine how you would feel if you lost >10Mbps and got stupid levels of Interleaving through no fault of your own.  Think also how many people would be affected and its not a minority by a long shot.  :'(

----
PS
Ive split this off because its not really that the EE2 isnt g.inp compatible.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 11:53:19 PM »

Woooooooah.   That is totally unfair NS.   
Ive split this off because its not really that the EE2 isnt g.inp compatible.

I don't see it that way Kitz you can split it any you want, I don't see any users complaining when there line has been G.INP enabled with a with compatible modem of course, the only one' complaining are the ECI users because they can't get the new OprenReach toy to play with and because they can't have it there gonna make sure no one else has it until they get it  :(

How do you know the BB2 is compatible or not with G.INP ?

I am upset because i gained 1496 errored seconds a day, would like them and i'll take your ECI line any day without G.INP  :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:04:37 AM by NewtronStar »
Pages: [1] 2

anything