Announcements > ISP Offers & Deals

Plusnet TV package announced ???

<< < (2/3) > >>

kitz:
Actually I am Very Interested.    £5 per month I think is a fantastic price for what you get.

TBH if it wasn't for my situation right now (dad, hospital, financial impact of travel costs of an additional few hundred quid per month that have been going on my Visa) I would be signing up today. 
In fact Im almost on the verge of saying soddit and getting it because its right up my street.   Especially when I saw the available channels as about the only channel I really miss since ditching sky is Discovery etc.

Link to main page

https://www.plus.net/tv/

Prices
Price List

Channels

Theres an interesting list half way down this page which also gives a comparison with other providers
http://www.a516digital.com/p/freeview-youview-channel-listing.html
"Additional channels provided by BT, Plusnet and TalkTalk. "

kitz:
Couple of dumb questions from me.  Does anyone know because I cant find the answers on the site.

1) Will I need to connect via LAN (I ditched the 20m of CAT5 when I got the SmartTV which uses wifi & the Apple TV also uses wifi).

2) If I attached a box to my main TV, what about the upstairs TV - best way of doing this?

-----------
ETA

--- Quote ---you should use Broadband Extenders or Powerline Adapters to connect your YouView+ box to the Internet. A wireless connection is not possible.
--- End quote ---

Damnit that's really put a dampener on it.   I ripped out the massive length of CAT5 about a year ago  :'(

loonylion:

--- Quote from: kitz on May 06, 2015, 01:09:47 PM ---
--- Quote ---you should use Broadband Extenders or Powerline Adapters to connect your YouView+ box to the Internet. A wireless connection is not possible.
--- End quote ---

Damnit that's really put a dampener on it.   I ripped out the massive length of CAT5 about a year ago  :'(

--- End quote ---

sure wireless is possible, get a cheap router that can be run in client mode (may need dd-wrt) and use that as a bridge.

Chrysalis:

--- Quote from: kitz on May 06, 2015, 12:35:02 PM ---Correct, its a multicast service delivered by BTWholesale so doesnt touch the ISP network.

Wholesale Content Connect

--- End quote ---

had a quick read.

So its effectively a different network to normal FTTC traffic although plusnet still will pay 70% of the normal fee for bandwidth used, the question will be if they take this out of their normal capacity budget or it will be treated completely seperatly.

AArdvark:

--- Quote from: loonylion on May 06, 2015, 02:42:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: kitz on May 06, 2015, 01:09:47 PM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

sure wireless is possible, get a cheap router that can be run in client mode (may need dd-wrt) and use that as a bridge.

--- End quote ---

Reconfigure/reuse the Thompson/Speedtouch router that Plusnet provide or lay more CAT5  ::)  ;D
If you don't want to run CAT5 all over the inside of the house get some external grade CAT5 and go around the outside.
(I already had the  phone cable routing around the outside so followed the same route with the external grade CAT5, looks no more untidy than the phone cable  ;))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version