Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Latest Version of Tapatalk on Android  (Read 4579 times)

AArdvark

• Kitizen
Latest Version of Tapatalk on Android
« on: May 06, 2015, 10:00:37 AM »

(Sorry posted in wrong place)
Just auto updated to the latest version of Tapatalk.
It is now much nicer in look and function.
I think it is worth another look.
I know recently a number of people have reported it was 'worse than ever' and unusable.
I have the advantage of only seeing the last version or two, and it has improved greatly by that measure.
Just a heads up for information.

Send from LG G3 via Tapatalk (Typos & bad formatting are free)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 10:03:13 AM by AArdvark »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Latest Version of Tapatalk on Android
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 01:40:56 PM »

Thanks I may give it another go.   I removed it from my phone because I found it annoying.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 02:03:01 PM »

It may still go 'plang' every time there is an update.

(Not had one yet? ....... volume turned down   :blush: ;D ;D )

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 11:45:42 PM »

As I think I mentioned in a previous conversation it was the pling why I took it off my phone.  Same reason why I dont have mail on my phone now.   If Im out and about I dont want to know, plus I dont have a very large data allowance anyhow and dont see the point of it pinging if Im driving, at the hospital, in class, in the middle of a store, or with friends and Im not going to ignore them to answer posts on the forum :D
If I am going somewhere where I want net access I usually take the ipad.   The other thing was the daily picks at inconvenient times to tell me about a certain post, which I'd likely read earlier that day.

Yes it is ideal if you are out and about alot and want to remain in contact for the forums and useful for me if I say went on holiday, but I generally tend to do all my checking in at the PC or ipad. 

A lot of the types of posts I make are too hard for me to do on a small screen and take far too long to reply.   I struggle sometimes with the ipad nvm my phone and I know some of the admin/mod features dont always work well unless on a PC (eg SFS which stops bot spammers at signup but wont let me delete the account)

I'm not saying its not good, because it is and I can see that it is very useful for an awful lot of people, but I just dont think its for me. :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything