Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 15672 times)

MartinW

• Arcade Tech Adventures
Re: Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 07:52:16 PM »

Also, since when was it possible to unlock a rev/r ECI modem ?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:57:41 PM by MartinW »

blue166

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 07:56:19 PM »

Re: G.INP - ECI Cab (DSLAM) and ECI Modem Not Capable!! [ Edited ]
Options
‎30-04-2015 19h32 - edited ‎30-04-2015 19h35

The ECI Modem B-FOCus V-2FUb/r has had an update for G.inp as well as general improvments for the DSL drivers. I have personally see one of these unlocked and confirmed working well with G.INP, fully working.

The ECI Modem B-FOCus V-2FUb/I on the other hand, nothing yet. These where the modems intially sent out for use with ECI cabs. You probably won't have one of these on a huawei cab unless you brought it off ebay. It might well be these that are holding up the ECI G.INP roll out.

The above was posted to me on the BT forums. What do you make of this?
Oh, and when was this update made available ,i have a now obsolete ECI  B-FOCus V-2FUb/r  modem, and although it could obtain a sync  it still had issue 2 , decrease in sync and interleaving on both us & ds  and my BTW IP Profile was lower around 67-mbps  with the huawei modem i sync at the full rate and have normal latency  BTW IP profile of 77.35

I have raised another question back to the poster on the BT forums and am waiting on a reply.

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 07:56:47 PM »

Also, since when was it possible to unlock a rev/r Huawei modem ?

I think you mean ECI not Huawei...

MartinW

• Arcade Tech Adventures
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 07:58:15 PM »

Also, since when was it possible to unlock a rev/r Huawei modem ?

I think you mean ECI not Huawei...

LOL! Well spotted - doing too many things at once. Badly. Edited :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 07:58:40 PM »

The ECI Modem B-FOCus V-2FUb/r has had an update for G.inp as well as general improvments for the DSL drivers. I have personally see one of these unlocked and confirmed working well with G.INP, fully working.

Does the unlocked version use custom firmware?  - I dont know as Ive never tried it.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 07:59:37 PM »

Re: G.INP - ECI Cab (DSLAM) and ECI Modem Not Capable!! [ Edited ]
You probably won't have one of these on a huawei cab unless you brought it off ebay. It might well be these that are holding up the ECI G.INP roll out.[/b]

utter rubbish, I'm on a huawei cab and was given an ECI.
I think there was a lot of us given the ECI modem,  i got the later version of it,but don't doubt that some will have been supplied with the first version of it who are on huawei cabs, as i doubt they were ever matched ,

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 08:03:10 PM »

I think it was a standard thing for Kellys to give out the ECI and sell the Huawei on ebay, as there's a greater demand.

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 08:06:12 PM »

I think it was a standard thing for Kellys to give out the ECI and sell the Huawei on ebay, as there's a greater demand.
Openreach issued mine, it was by enlarge a case of what stock was on the van as to which brand got dished out, But it wouldn't surprise me that kelly's or quinn's would be selling them on ebay,
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:08:31 PM by tommy45 »

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 08:18:17 PM »

30-04-2015 19h32 - edited ‎30-04-2015 20h04

Edit..... maybe not. It's definatly updated, It says it's working, the latency could be better but it's not bad, Fortunatly the user of the line doesn't care much!! Looking at the kit's forum decided double and tripple check the latency, as they say RETX only works in 1 direction on lantiq hardware. Judging from the latency i'd say this is probably true. It's way more than a clean non interleaved line. But it's better than the old moden which is the model below.

The ECI Modem B-FOCus V-2FUb/I on the other hand, nothing yet. These where the modems intially sent out for use with ECI cabs. You probably won't have one of these on a huawei cab unless you brought it off ebay. It might well be these that are holding up the ECI G.INP roll out.

Exit also, judging from kit's forum, some people will dispise RETX anyway, even when it's working right it'll be adding some latency which people might find unacceptable. Even though it should enable speed to go up!

Would appear that this is old news  probably the update to fix issue 1

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2015, 08:24:03 PM »

He's backpedalling now :) and the NASA guy has already rated his message  :lol:

blue166

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 08:37:32 PM »

The ECI Modem B-FOCus V-2FUb/r has had an update for G.inp as well as general improvments for the DSL drivers. I have personally see one of these unlocked and appears to be working with G.INP.  <<< EDITED to Prevent confusion.

Edit..... maybe not. It's definatly updated, It says it's working, the latency could be better but it's not bad, Fortunatly the user of the line doesn't care much!! Looking at the kit's forum decided double and tripple check the latency, as they say RETX only works in 1 direction on lantiq hardware. Judging from the latency i'd say this is probably true. It's way more than a clean non interleaved line. But it's better than the old moden which is the model below.

Exit also, judging from kit's forum, some people will dispise RETX anyway, even when it's working right it'll be adding some latency which people might find unacceptable. Even though it should enable speed to go up!

Ah he has now gone back on his word. Dear me.

I dunno,

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2015, 08:48:46 PM »

For some reason the BT forum is keen to suppress bad news about ECI incompatibilites with G.INP and eager to say how compatible ECI equipment is with G.INP. They are collectively in denial  :no:

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2015, 09:19:17 PM »

For some reason the BT forum is keen to suppress bad news about ECI incompatibilites with G.INP and eager to say how compatible ECI equipment is with G.INP. They are collectively in denial  :no:

TBH this link has become hijacked by anti BT forum users could you please stay on topic G.INP -BT rollout 2015 there is no reason here that i can see to start a forum war  ;)

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2015, 09:25:36 PM »

This is not a forum war, this is about BT being actively in denial about problems with ECI and G.Inp.

I get the impression they are preparing the ground to say they have no intention of fixing the ECI cabinet issue or fixing/replacing the problem modems.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2015, 09:35:00 PM »

This is not a forum war, this is about BT being actively in denial about problems with ECI and G.Inp.

I get the impression they are preparing the ground to say they have no intention of fixing the ECI cabinet issue or fixing/replacing the problem modems.

Thats find Dray but the BT ISP forum is separate to openreach they don't have any extra info than what KITZ forum or AA forum or Plusnet forum has that's my point don't attack the ISP's we just have to wait and see how this is going to unfold from OpenReach not BT or AA or EE or any other ISP provider.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything