Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 15653 times)

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« on: April 30, 2015, 10:24:12 AM »

Yes, BT asked me to help with their testing of a fix for the HH5 Type A. After I refused, they banned me from the forums :(

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 10:28:20 AM »

O_o

why you refused?

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 10:39:48 AM »

Yeah, I'm intrigued also, as to why you wouldn't want to be involved in helping with a fix ??

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 10:43:59 AM »

Because I had abandoned the HH5 as a router in favour of returning to my Huawei HG612 and pfSense.

I was aware of another member who helped BT with a previous router disaster and got banned after.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 10:49:46 AM »

For what reason are you and your 'Friend' getting banned for ??

We're not in the 'Cold War' anymore, I can't see it being a ruse for covertly smuggling Heroin and it doesn't impede any party leaders in the run-up to the general election. So, I can only assume it must have been the 'feedback' you gave during the testing and the manner in which it was given ??

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 11:01:44 AM »

Any reason. The rules are interpreted freely by the mods.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 11:25:47 AM »

Having watched the BT forum for a number of years I've reached the conclusion that the moderators must have a quota of the number of users they must ban each day. The result is that people get banned for almost no reason whatsoever.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 01:10:22 PM »

Having watched the BT forum for a number of years I've reached the conclusion that the moderators must have a quota of the number of users they must ban each day. The result is that people get banned for almost no reason whatsoever.

I have to say, I don't frequent any other forum other than this one, but find it difficult to accept that 'they' ban a certain number of people every day, and more-so for "almost no reason whatsoever".

I think it's more a case of having their heads pecked by folk demanding answers that they may not be able to give, due to a commercially sensitive situation. This then gives rise to speculation 'they' don't give a sh1t, and worse ...... folk thinking they know what's going on and others believing them.
What follows is akin to gang-mentality of a disruptive nature, and if I had a 'Delete' button I probably wouldn't hesitate in hitting it with some individuals.

blue166

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 01:35:43 PM »

So to clear something up here..

ECI cabs are not compatible?

ECI modems are not compatible?

So would it not be a non goer from the start if the cabinet can't have the profile?

LOL - I know  :-X

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 02:02:23 PM »

@BS

I've been dipping in and out of the BT forums for many years. A post such as innocent as "BT of really messed up the implementation of xxx" (especially when there are a number people also making similar remarks) could easily get your post deleted and a ban. Of all the forums I've used, the BT forum is way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way the worst for draconian moderation that I've ever seen.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 02:35:17 PM »

Fair do's. I'll have to take your word for it, because as mooted, I don't visit other forums. Plus, I have no reason to doubt your integrity, and I know how sometimes the written word can be misinterpreted especially with the absence of emoticons which I'm guessing that site is devoid of ??.

On the flip-side of the coin though ...... there are plenty of head-peckers trolling these kinds of forums as well.

Six of one ..... half a dozen of the other is what I shall put this down to.  ;) :) :)

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 02:39:39 PM »

Based on my recent experience on that forum, I have to disagree with your assessment.

blue166

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 07:41:32 PM »

Re: G.INP - ECI Cab (DSLAM) and ECI Modem Not Capable!! [ Edited ]
Options
‎30-04-2015 19h32 - edited ‎30-04-2015 19h35

The ECI Modem B-FOCus V-2FUb/r has had an update for G.inp as well as general improvments for the DSL drivers. I have personally see one of these unlocked and confirmed working well with G.INP, fully working.

The ECI Modem B-FOCus V-2FUb/I on the other hand, nothing yet. These where the modems intially sent out for use with ECI cabs. You probably won't have one of these on a huawei cab unless you brought it off ebay. It might well be these that are holding up the ECI G.INP roll out.

The above was posted to me on the BT forums. What do you make of this?

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 07:46:36 PM »

Options
‎30-04-2015 19h32 - edited ‎30-04-2015 19h35

The ECI Modem B-FOCus V-2FUb/r has had an update for G.inp as well as general improvments for the DSL drivers. I have personally see one of these unlocked and confirmed working well with G.INP, fully working.

The ECI Modem B-FOCus V-2FUb/I on the other hand, nothing yet. These where the modems intially sent out for use with ECI cabs. You probably won't have one of these on a huawei cab unless you brought it off ebay. It might well be these that are holding up the ECI G.INP roll out.

Oh, and when was this update made available ,i have a now obsolete ECI  B-FOCus V-2FUb/r  modem, and although it could obtain a sync  it still had issue 2 , decrease in sync and interleaving on both us & ds  and my BTW IP Profile was lower around 67-mbps  with the huawei modem i sync at the full rate and have normal latency  BTW IP profile of 77.35
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:49:55 PM by tommy45 »

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 07:49:34 PM »

You probably won't have one of these on a huawei cab unless you brought it off ebay. It might well be these that are holding up the ECI G.INP roll out.[/b]

utter rubbish, I'm on a huawei cab and was given an ECI.
Pages: [1] 2

anything