Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Do You Use Bus's ?  (Read 10160 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Do You Use Bus's ?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 05:21:52 PM »

>> Was that the supertram which has been running for about 15 yrs or the ordinary trams which stopped running in the late 50,s
>> its a case of if you live on the route fine,

Its the supertrams...  I have a mate in sheffield who are actually on the route..  so if staying there its normally easier to leave my car at theirs and get the tram rather than messing around parking in the city.
- Aside from that it means I can have the odd glass of wine too that way ;)

>> >> Nice to know 'The Great One' has visited my city.

Been quite a few times over the years...  and somewhere I used to head over that way for a "damn good night out" since about '99.

>>  well that's where PlusNet are based... I've been there a few times myself to partake in PlusNet UserGroup meets

lol those occasions are usually - "dump the car at either Plusnet or the hotel".. then at night go out for drinkies. 
Dont normally use the tram on those occasions since PN towers is now within easy walking distance of the center.
IIRC first time you went "over that way" would have been for Marcs wedding which is/was pre-PUG?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 05:27:18 PM »

oooh I just remembered the last time I went on a bus -
would have been when we went down to London in Apr 06 for Rob + Claires wedding..  and one day we went doing the shopping thingy.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 05:59:39 PM »

Actually I have gotten to quite admire non drivers, all the ones I know go out pubbing and clubbing more than the drivers do, they know the times of the busses, where to get them and can drink as much as they like and no parking problems and expensive parking charges in city or town centres.

Car drivers are limited to the amount of drink they can consume, maybe making it a not such a enjoyable night out, or stop and think of the cost of a taxi when they have a perfectly good car stuck on the drive with road tax and insurance paid for, which also makes it an expensive night out, because we are car drivers the taxi seems to be the logical choice and not the bus.
Then there is the "Phil you have a car, can you run me down to such and such place and sometimes it's difficult to say no.

I suppose the main draw back for non drivers is the visiting of friends and shopping etc, whereas we just get in the car and go as and when we feel like it.

Bring back the Clippies, that what I say..

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 06:41:45 PM »

is Norwich some sort of twilight zone  or elephants grave for bus drivers

Yep, that just about sums it up - thank goodness I live on the riverside, central and close to everywhere I need to get to.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 09:29:33 PM »

All this talk of travel,  Oh! Oh!

I don't feel very well

Greenish dave.

soms

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 02:51:24 AM »

I don't know much using buses, the last I knew we had two buses come through two days a week - to the nearest town and back on the two market days.

I have used one of the park and rides in Bristol the odd time as parking is a nightmare and come rush hour the traffic is terrible. For the money it was certainly a lot easier than had I driven into the centre, however the return bus was 20 minutes late showing up.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:54:58 AM by soms »

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 02:26:10 PM »

At a bus queue in Blackpool was a local fellow going to the local park and behind him inthe queue was an Irish man.
In conversation, the Irish man said to the local chap, "I have never used these one man buses before."
The local lad assured it was dead easy and to just follow him.
When the bus arrived the local chap got on and asked for "Stanley Park single, please."
Paddy followed him and said "Paddy Murphy, married."

:lol: :lol:

OK! I know it is ooooold.

dave

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 06:25:49 PM »

:lol:
-----

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 06:38:21 PM »

Shamus started a new job as a bus driver on the one-man operated buses.
Within fifteen minutes of him leaving the bus station on his first day, the police had phoned the depot to report a serious bus accident.
Shamus had picked up several passengers at the first bus stop and, after setting off again, had got up and walked down down the bus to collect the fares.

:lol: :lol:
dave

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 06:51:02 PM »

:no:
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2008, 07:14:17 PM »

Didn't something like that actually happen a few months ago in the US? I seem to recall a story about the owner of a camper van suing the manufacturer for damages caused by a crash when he left the driving seat to make a cup of tea in the back. Apparently the owner's manual didn't say that you mustn't do that. ???
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2008, 11:45:54 PM »

Didn't something like that actually happen a few months ago in the US? I seem to recall a story about the owner of a camper van suing the manufacturer for damages caused by a crash when he left the driving seat to make a cup of tea in the back. Apparently the owner's manual didn't say that you mustn't do that. ???

Yes It did happen and I think they gave him a new van  :'(
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

scottiesmum

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 12:02:48 PM »

here's the story  .... :no: :no: :no:

Driving back home from a football game, a happy-go-lucky owner of a new Motor Home in Oklahoma City, while on the Freeway, set the cruise control at 70 mph and left the driver's seat to go into the back and make himself a cup of coffee. Not surprisingly the vehicle veered off the Freeway, crashed and overturned. He sued the manufacturer for not advising him in the owner's manual that such a thing would happen in such circumstances.

The jury awarded him $1,750,000 plus a brand new Motor Home. The company actually changed its manual on the basis of this suit just in case there were any other congenital morons buying their recreation vehicles.
   :-X

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 12:49:41 PM »

You couldn't make it up, could you? :lol:
  Eric

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 02:07:12 PM »

A similar story to the German person who took the advert for sat-nav systems (Let your TomTom do the driving)
Yes, you guessed it, they also crashed.

Mind you, there are "hundreds" of sat-nav stories around.
Also like the sat-nav that instructed a person to turn right, they did, straight onto a railway line and could not get off, fortunately the level crossing was manned and the line shut down.
(the right-hand turn was just after the level crossing).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:12:45 PM by oldfogy »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything