Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sky & IPv6  (Read 15798 times)

Re: Sky & IPv6
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2015, 11:01:46 AM »

Back on-topic....

I think there's a bug in the version of f/w for the SR102 I listed earlier in the thread.

We'll see in a couple of days but I reckon that after a certain amount of time connected the WAN port no longer has the IP address lease renewed. After six consecutive attempts (IIRC) have failed then the router will tear down the MER interface (ptm0.1) and reconnect (holds sync throughout). It fails to get an IP lease & then sits there "sulking" until you reboot the router. Looks like a buffer overflow issue to me but with no ssh access to the router who knows?

I hear "rumours" that there's also issues with the DSL firmware as well but I'm not totally clear as to whether the issues are with ADSL, VDSL or both or in fact whether that's limited to the Sagems.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2015, 03:50:20 PM »

does ipv4 lose connectivity as well?

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2015, 04:19:25 PM »

There is no ipv6 connectivity as Sky aren't assigning addresses.

The lease issue is ipv4.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2015, 06:53:13 AM »

ouch

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2015, 06:31:13 PM »

OK its not an overflow but it is a repeatable bug. Might as well tell the cat from up the road about it rather than Sky really :D

I know what its causing it (outputting syslog to a server) - but not why. Not going into details but I doubt any of the beta testers noticed this as I'm pretty sure 99% of them have no idea what syslog is.

speedyrite

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2015, 08:43:50 AM »

Might as well tell the cat from up the road about it rather than Sky really :D

Know what you mean! My SR101 log is sent to a syslog server and I reported what I think is a bug that has been observed since the latest firmware release, but got no response from them at all.

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2015, 07:03:31 PM »

Might as well tell the cat from up the road about it rather than Sky really :D

Know what you mean! My SR101 log is sent to a syslog server and I reported what I think is a bug that has been observed since the latest firmware release, but got no response from them at all.

There are various bugs with the the syslog output. This one is down to Sky enabling ipv6 internally & screwing up the link-local addresses by turning on ipv6 dhcp without checking whether there might be an existing dhcp server?

You could argue that this wouldn't be a typical Sky user but its Busybox that does most of that rather than whoever Sky pays to lock it down :D

speedyrite

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2015, 11:36:34 AM »

Don't know if this is the same issue that you have observed, but the following gets written to syslog several times daily since the IPv6 enabled firmware arrived on SR101:
  kernel:   flwStatsAddNode: Can not create query.  MAX=128
Pages: 1 2 [3]