Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Proof that the peak time congestion lies with Plusnet  (Read 10430 times)

ejs

• Kitizen
Re: Proof that the peak time congestion lies with Plusnet
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2015, 06:40:14 PM »

A few years ago Plusnet were trying to tell people that unlimited broadband was impossible just like unlimited gas and electricity - not that long after they had stopped selling the 2009 Unlimited product. And trying to convince people that some hidden small print fair usage policy of nameless other ISP was somehow worse than racking up a huge bill at £5 per 5GB in excess usage charges.

Of course since then unlimited broadband from Plusnet became possible again, unlike unlimited gas and electricity. These days the Plusnet forums seem to be mostly about blaming pretty much anything and everything on Openreach and/or BTWholesale.

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2015, 06:59:22 PM »

Hi

.... to be mostly about blaming pretty much anything and everything on Openreach and/or BTWholesale.

I think they've been there before with that game.  Openreach and BTWholesale are providing pretty much all the FTTC connections across the UK, yet it's only PlusNet having these issues, funny that.

Regards

Phil

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2015, 07:45:21 PM »

[quote

I think they've been there before with that game.  Openreach and BTWholesale are providing pretty much all the FTTC connections across the UK, yet it's only PlusNet having these issues, funny that.

[/quote]Might it be that PN has, writer excluded ;), a higher number of historic knowledgeable users, who are more aware than those who use other mass market providers. I wager that many of their users would not know that something was amiss until complete failure.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2015, 08:00:21 PM »

I wager that many of their users would not know that something was amiss until complete failure.

I've not said anything because mines been like this for the past few weeks.

I'm not denying there are some rubbish gateways, because I've experienced them.   But for now all is good here.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2015, 08:40:23 PM »

same here kitz

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2015, 08:48:11 PM »

Endpoints from gateways, yes there are where a lot of them  a week or so ago that where running to hot maybe there are still some today,
But apart from Saturday night  i have had a disrupted service every night, If you are fortunate enough to find a endpoint that isn't running at or near it's capacity and more so remains in that state for weeks then you have been lucky is all i can say

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2015, 09:07:06 PM »

tommy as kitz said your issue is not quite the same as you are affected by the manchester issues whilst we are not.

I expect kitz has stayed on the good endpoint like I have.

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2015, 09:12:09 PM »

Well not any more as the btw Manchester bras issue is reported to be fixed as of last night according to A&A status page
Nice of plusnet to update their customer base as per usual,goes to show how important customers are to them, or not as the case would appear to be,
But  i'm still seeing peak time throughput issues and getting some jitter on my ping monitor

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2015, 11:36:27 AM »

Well the BTW issue in Mcr seems to be sorted out  now, no more massive hikes in latency during  peak times, throughput has been better, but not 100%, Then around 1hr ago I was kicked from the Gateway/endpoint i have been on for just over a week, onto another it was a BNG and it has or the endpoint that i was on has some serious capacity issues

Why so plusnot do this to people? do they really like p ing us off ? A network with no issues eh? I did after repeatedly connect to a gateway/endpoint that had normal low 12ms latency and near normal throughput, tonight i guess i will find that i'm on a over utilised endpoint  once again no doubt because some cretin at plusnot threw their rattle out the pram balancing the network
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:41:25 AM by tommy45 »
Pages: 1 2 [3]