Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Netgear D6400  (Read 81968 times)

mjgr33n

Re: Netgear D6400
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2015, 02:24:45 PM »

Just bought one to test on my line. See how it compares to the Asus.

Just make sure you give it a few days without rebooting it once you get settings correct before comparing stats etc.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2015, 02:36:42 PM »

Just make sure you give it a few days without rebooting it once you get settings correct before comparing stats etc.

No problem. I'll do that and check. I'll post up a comparison of the stats between the netgear and Asus.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2015, 12:24:52 PM »

Can someone assist me with getting DSLStats up and running?

I've done the telnet.exe thing and received the message back stating that Payload has been sent to Netgear router. Telnet should be enabled. I go to DSL Stats and select the last netgear device as suggested and it leave the username and password blank. When I click the play button it says cannot log in to router.

Any idea where I'm going wrong?

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2015, 12:31:47 PM »

Ok, I think I have it now. A little issue I have found that I'm only getting 38MB down on speedtests through Wifi, Every other device I have it shows 72Mb on a speedtest sing the Asus PCIE card.

Wez68

• Just arrived
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2015, 09:35:45 PM »

Ok, I think I have it now. A little issue I have found that I'm only getting 38MB down on speedtests through Wifi, Every other device I have it shows 72Mb on a speedtest sing the Asus PCIE card.
Could you please tell me how you got the stats working please,I've tried over and over again ,but can't do anything

mjgr33n

« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2015, 11:52:14 PM »

Could you please tell me how you got the stats working please,I've tried over and over again ,but can't do anything

There is a post in this thread about it, it shows you how to enable the telnet ability, then you use dslstats to connect, just select any netgear router in the list, last one is fine, but you need to blank out the username and password then hit the play button and that is it.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2015, 11:59:43 PM »

Have NETGEAR fixed their WiFi issues (poor WiFi range) that plagued all of their routers that I tried, up to the D6300?

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2015, 12:05:54 AM »

Sure,

I'll try and detail every step from ardsars post.

1) Download the unlock tool from here  https://github.com/LuKePicci/NetgearTelnetEnable/blob/master/binaries/windows/telnetenable.exe
2) Place file in C:\Windows\System32.
3) Login to netgear router and click advanced and look at the router information block. Take note of the MAC address in there.
4) This point I made a notepad file with the info if I ever need it again.
5) Open windows command prompt.
6) Type this without the quote marks "telnetenable.exe 192.168.0.1 {MAC ADDRESS of Router LAN Port - in step 3} {user id- default admin} {password- default password}
7) It should look like something like this - telnetenable.exe 192.168.0.1 000FB5A2BE26 admin password
8) Hit enter and you should get a message stating Payload has been sent to Netgear router. Telnet should be enabled.
9) Open DSL Stats, And go to config page. Select one of the netgear routers from the list and delete the username and password info. Hit the play button.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2015, 12:42:57 AM »

Have NETGEAR fixed their WiFi issues (poor WiFi range) that plagued all of their routers that I tried, up to the D6300?

I recently read an updated review on the D6300 and they said the latest firmware had sorted a lot of issues with wifi performance.
I'm not saying this is spectacular but it is nearly as good as my ASus DSL-AC68U. The range is almost identical anyway. I was worried about it not managing to cover a large 4 bedroom house but it still gives reception down in my garage at the end of the drive. I'm quite impressed.

One issue though is that I've noticed some stuttering with WiFi. Especially in gaming and also with watching Youtube. It sometimes goes to buffer which is the first I've seen in a long time.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2015, 12:46:16 AM »

That sounds reasonably positive.

NETGEAR have a history of releasing poorly written firmware for their devices and then instead of fixing the problems, releasing a newer version whilst simultaneously dropping support for the older one.

The DGND3700 immediately springs to mind...

Wez68

• Just arrived
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2015, 12:58:49 AM »

Sure,

1) Download the unlock tool from here  https://github.com/LuKePicci/NetgearTelnetEnable/blob/master/binaries/windows/telnetenable.exe
3) Login to netgear router and click advanced and look at the router information block. Take note of the MAC address in there.
6) Type this without the quote marks "telnetenable.exe 192.168.0.1 {MAC ADDRESS of Router LAN Port - in step 3} {user id- default admin} {password- default password}
7) It should look like something like this - telnetenable.exe 192.168.0.1 000FB5A2BE26 admin password
8) Hit enter and you should get a message stating Payload has been sent to Netgear router. Telnet should be enabled.
9) Open DSL Stats, And go to config page. Select one of the netgear routers from the list and delete the username and password info. Hit the play button.
Thanks very much ,ive eventually managed to do it!!! My stats are showing that G.INP  is not enabled though

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2015, 01:07:49 AM »

That sounds reasonably positive.

NETGEAR have a history of releasing poorly written firmware for their devices and then instead of fixing the problems, releasing a newer version whilst simultaneously dropping support for the older one.

The DGND3700 immediately springs to mind...

Its honestly quite good. That's the 5ghz WiFi I was testing. Not sure on distance but can measure tomorrow.

Still not sure if its a setting in the WiFi page or something I've missed but I was also only getting half my upload speeds on speed tests.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2015, 01:14:59 AM »

Sure,

Thanks very much ,ive eventually managed to do it!!! My stats are showing that G.INP  is not enabled though

No problem. Glad you got it working. Are you on an eci cabinet?

Wez68

• Just arrived
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2015, 01:23:10 AM »

No I'm on a huawei one,but I had line issues at the beginning of the month and a new line installed and DLM reset ,l believe that G.INP may need to be reapplied ?

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2015, 01:41:34 AM »

I may be wrong when I say this but I've been told that DLM will only apply g.inp if the line is seeing excessive noise. I first thought it was applied to all but was later told it was a DLM decision. As I said, that information may be incorrect.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10