Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: G.INP on ECI cabs  (Read 36133 times)

Ragnarok

G.INP on ECI cabs
« on: April 09, 2015, 06:48:58 PM »

So we know most Huawei cabs are mostly G.INP enabled.

Whats happening on the ECI front?

I've actually reconnected my ECI /R modem to insure it gets updated if they update them, even though the HG612 is better suited to my line but right now has little or no effect on my speeds/latency.
I've has some major work done  on an under ground cable and since then It looks like i've recovered my latency but i'm still banded at 67mbps on the downstream. The HG612 ECI / r comparison on my line currently is same latency, less than 1ms slower than the ECI /r but the ECI seems to have a better SNR (+1 db ) or a band plan favoring upstream, and a lower SNR or less bandwidth in the band plan allocated for the downstream.

Quote from: hg612
DSLAM/MSAN type:           IFTN:0xb204 / v0xb204
Modem/router firmware:     AnnexA version - A2pv6C038m.d24j
DSL mode:                  VDSL2 Profile 17a
Uptime:                    3 days 23 hours 25 min 5 sec
Resyncs:                   1 (since 13 Mar 2015 08:00:31)

Downstream   Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):     17.0      0.0
Signal attenuation (dB):   Not monitored      
Connection speed (kbps):   66969      20000
SNR margin (dB):           7.8      8.5
Power (dBm):               13.6      5.9
Interleave depth:          1      1
INP:                       0      0
G.INP:                     Not enabled      

RSCorr/RS (%):             N/A      0.0384
RSUnCorr/RS (%):           N/A      0.0000
ES/hour:                   25.8      1.17

Quote from: ECI B-FOCuS V-2FUb r
name = [InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANDSLInterfaceConfig.ModulationType] : value= [VDSL] : found=[1]
 name = [InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANDSLInterfaceConfig.LineEncoding] : value= [DMT] : found=[1]
 name = [InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANDSLInterfaceConfig.DataPath] : value= [Fast] : found=[1]
 name = [InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANDSLInterfaceConfig.InterleaveDepth] : value= [1] : found=[1]
 name = [InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANDSLInterfaceConfig.LineNumber] : value= [1] : found=[1]
 name = [InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANDSLInterfaceConfig.UpstreamCurrRate] : value= [20000000] : found=[1]
 name = [InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANDSLInterfaceConfig.DownstreamCurrRate] : value= [66996000] : found=[1]
 name = [InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANDSLInterfaceConfig.UpstreamMaxRate] : value= [25334120] : found=[1]
 name = [InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANDSLInterfaceConfig.DownstreamMaxRate] : value= [74822208] : found=[1]
 name = [InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANDSLInterfaceConfig.UpstreamNoiseMargin] : value= [93] : found=[1]
 name = [InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANDSLInterfaceConfig.DownstreamNoiseMargin] : value= [66] : found=[1]
 name = [InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANDSLInterfaceConfig.UpstreamAttenuation] : value= [ 0 ] : found=[1]
 name = [InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANDSLInterfaceConfig.DownstreamAttenuation] : value= [172] : found=[1]
 name = [InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANDSLInterfaceConfig.UpstreamPower] : value= [66] : found=[1]
 name = [InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANDSLInterfaceConfig.DownstreamPower] : value= [118] : found=[1]

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: G.INP on ECI cabs
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 07:12:47 PM »

I haven't heard of anything happening yet.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 07:13:53 PM »

according to our friend black sheep ECI rollout is starting this financial quarter, so anytime between now and end of june.

obviously tho this is subject to change as things dont always goto plan.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 08:05:06 PM »

Aye ....... the projection for the roll-out is shown as happening sometime now up to approx. 22/23 May. As Chrys has pointed out, these are only 'plans' and can be subject to radical change if an issue is highlighted. However, I haven't seen or been privvy to any such issues as yet. Hopefully it's still on target ???  :)

Ragnarok

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 09:58:57 AM »

Well taking my HG612 out of service has allowed me to get it upto date, just in case. I'll leave the ECi in place until G.inp arrives.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 10:47:21 AM »

I wonder if the problems with getting the ECI modems working with g.inp on the Huawei cabinets have made BT cautious of the rollout on the ECI cabinets?

Is the ECI modem issue solved yet, or is it still on-going?

Though everything should be more smoothly on the ECI cabinets, technology can throw a spanner in the works sometimes, as BT have found out  :)

I hope those ECI issues get solved quickly.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

stevebrass

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 10:52:42 AM »

What is involved in installing G.Inp on the ECI DSLAMs?

Netgear Orbi; BT FTTP with Smart Hub 2

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 04:55:19 PM »

What is involved in installing G.Inp on the ECI DSLAMs?

G.INP itself is a software construct, although the chip itself needs to be powerful enough to cope with any additional processing/buffering.

----
Hmm  I just did some googling to see if I could find which Lantiq chip ECI used on the M41.  I couldn't find any info other than 'geminax'

So I started a google on that...   I didnt realise that Lantiq had their own version of PhyR since 2010
http://fastnetnews.com/dslprime/42-d/3637-lantiq-reducing-power-for-adsl-a-gpon

Lantiq has been strong in analog engineering since it was part of Siemens and Infineon.
They've now reduced the power and size of DSLAM chips with the 65 nanometer GEMINAX™ XXS V3

../snip/..

Lantiq supports retransmission on PHY level similar similar to Broadcom's PhyR

Similar?   I hope its compatible!  :D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

stevebrass

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 11:57:54 AM »

A post on another forum - Thinkbroadband - quoting Openreach suggests that the ECI g.inp roll out is being tested and a full roll out is being considered.

BT OR apparently also express surprise that ECI modems have been supplied to customers on Huawei DSLAM's.
Netgear Orbi; BT FTTP with Smart Hub 2

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 12:29:27 PM »

A post on another forum - Thinkbroadband - quoting Openreach suggests that the ECI g.inp roll out is being tested and a full roll out is being considered.

BT OR apparently also express surprise that ECI modems have been supplied to customers on Huawei DSLAM's.

Argh, that sucks. 'Being considered', that might mean the rollout may not be underway this quarter then :(, or maybe not for a long while depending on how long they postpone this and whether they even do roll it out to ECI cabs in the end. Oh how I wish I was on a Huawei right now.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 02:00:40 PM »

We discussed this the other week and it would appear that the lefthand doesnt know what the right hand is doing :( 
The contractors have only been supplying ECI's for at least 18 months.  I know because I specifically wanted a Huawei, but the contractor told me he only had ECI's.  (They are white sticky labelled on the outside of the box )   

Black Sheep said moons ago that BT had decided that it didnt make any difference which modem was used with what dslam and said it didnt matter.  There was an official announcement which may be still knocking around if you search.   BS also confirmed recently that their supplies only had ECIs.

------------
btw.. out of interest I just dug out my ECI and I notice there it has a warranty - expiry date 06/2018.  5yrs warranty is a heck of a time, but doubt it would cover software. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 02:07:18 PM »

that's complete bullshit, my fibre was installed by a genuineR BTOR engineer, I am on a Huawei cab and was supplied with an ECI modem. I bought my own HG612.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 03:25:50 PM »

we know its bullshit but its either that they lieing to try and save face, or is as kitz said that one part of openreach doesnt know what the other part is doing.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 03:58:48 PM »

We discussed this the other week and it would appear that the lefthand doesnt know what the right hand is doing :( 
The contractors have only been supplying ECI's for at least 18 months.  I know because I specifically wanted a Huawei, but the contractor told me he only had ECI's.  (They are white sticky labelled on the outside of the box )   

Black Sheep said moons ago that BT had decided that it didnt make any difference which modem was used with what dslam and said it didnt matter.  There was an official announcement which may be still knocking around if you search.   BS also confirmed recently that their supplies only had ECIs.

------------
btw.. out of interest I just dug out my ECI and I notice there it has a warranty - expiry date 06/2018.  5yrs warranty is a heck of a time, but doubt it would cover software.

All true, but a heads-up ..... we are again able to order either vendors modem for van-stock.  :)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 05:12:33 PM »

Perhaps veering off-topic somewhat but I am always (1) critical (2) suspicious of any information that originates from Thinkbroadband. That does not mean that I totally ignore the output of Saffy and others but I do look very carefully at the original source -- if identifiable.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

anything