Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: G.INP on ECI cabs  (Read 36264 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: G.INP on ECI cabs
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2015, 03:25:51 PM »

another odd resync around 1-2am yesterday, I had monitoring off at the time tho as was reworking my lan, my power levels have reverted.

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2015, 03:55:51 PM »

I had my first resync in 17 days in the early hours, nothing appears to have changed though  ::)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2015, 04:15:48 PM »

as expected since my power increased again the SES have stopped. Averaging 2-3 ES a day on upstream. Please leave ECI US alone openreach if g.inp comes to ECI.

Oldjim

• Reg Member
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2015, 02:26:17 PM »

Probably not the right place - please move if appropriate - just had fibre install on a Huawei Cab and all the BT engineer had were ecl modems
Jim
Plusnet

stutaylor

• Just arrived
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2015, 01:45:05 PM »

I see from other posts a lot of hauwei cabs are now on mk2, any chance of BT doing the ECI cabs this year?  :fingers:

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2015, 05:59:54 PM »

I see from other posts a lot of hauwei cabs are now on mk2, any chance of BT doing the ECI cabs this year?  :fingers:

That is the aim, of which I am sure.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Terranova667

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2015, 06:38:01 PM »

I have read on the Plusnet forum that the ECI cab testing is done and the rollout is imminent, whether that is true or not i can't say for sure black Sheep did mention maybe August, so yeah there maybe hope for us ECI cab users just around the corner, fingers crossed it doesn't go the way of the Hauwei cabs with a unseen issue and further delays.     

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2015, 06:39:04 PM »

We will soon find out if its another cock up.

The likes of me and kitz wont sit silent if they bodge it up for sure. As rightfully we dont want our lines to regress, both of us are stable on fast path.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2015, 06:49:05 PM »

We will soon find out if its another cock up.
The likes of me and kitz wont sit silent if they bodge it up for sure.

And remember the Huawei users have had to sacrifice G.INP on the Upstream so ECI modems & cabinet users can get G.INP so OpenReach don't mess this up or you will get a thump  ;)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2015, 05:48:40 AM »

FWIW, a couple of users in the PlusNet Community forum have recently been claiming that US G.INP has now been restored.

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,136287.msg1248954.html#msg1248954

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2015, 12:16:02 PM »

Cheers BE1

ust checked stats on my Vigor, and after being removed on upstream for 2 weeks, G.INP has been re-enabled on upstream.
So just to confirm again, as of writing this I have working G.INP on both upstream and down stream!

That simply confirms what I've been saying on here for the past month or so will happen.  IE that G.INP on the upstream will be enabled if (1) DLM detects the line is unstable and needs it and (2) the equipment is G.INP compatible. 
Its why Ive been saying G.INP Mk2 is a much fairer solution and why BT are happy with the fix they put in place.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2015, 12:47:18 PM »

I have read on the Plusnet forum that the ECI cab testing is done and the rollout is imminent, whether that is true or not i can't say for sure black Sheep did mention maybe August, so yeah there maybe hope for us ECI cab users just around the corner, fingers crossed it doesn't go the way of the Hauwei cabs with a unseen issue and further delays.   

I was half way through making a post yesterday in the main g.inp thread about the August date, when I had to drop everything when Zigs started vomiting blood.   Post got forgotten about as I dashed off.   I'd found the references to the dates my earlier postings, but tbh cba to go searching again right now.. but they are there on this forum if you want to check.

Anyhow the abandoned post started off saying something like...   The info I have is that the ECI situation would be reviewed when the all the Huawei cabs had been completed which was estimated to be mid to end of July.   I got the impression from talking to someone very senior in BT that they were entirely happy that the fix implemented (g.inp mk2) and that it was working well.  What he wouldnt outright give was a date for starting the ECI rollout, although I had hinted in one of my posts about a month ago that it could be Aug/Sept.

However bearing in mind that the original plan was to commence rollout of the ECI's as soon as the Huawei's had been completed and that BT are saying they are happy with [MK2] G.INP on the Huaweis... it is possible that the review wont take long and they have already made up their minds. (I'm sure Ive said that before too).   Plus we have recently seen G.INP MK1 removed from one of our members who lives in Martlesham Heath where they have been testing G.INP on ECIs, it could mean they are prepping up for an imminent MK2 release for the ECI's.

All this and the timescales fit and tie in very nicely with the info is coming from BlackSheep too who as far as Im concerned hasn't been wrong with facts yet,  so yep although I dont have an exact date all the indications are that ECI's could be happening quite soon.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

stutaylor

• Just arrived
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2015, 01:52:31 PM »

Hope so kitz, I'm already a long way from my Cab as it is and have notice a drop of 5mbits since I originally got installed in January, bringing me down to 30Mbits down, 5.8 Up.  More annoying is I have a cab < 150 metres from my property however i'm on a cab 450 metres away (walking distance along the footpath) as that's just how the phone lines are ran, infact I'm the last street on the main road that is on that cab before it jumps to the next one.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2015, 05:15:20 PM »

That simply confirms what I've been saying on here for the past month or so will happen.  IE that G.INP on the upstream will be enabled if (1) DLM detects the line is unstable and needs it and (2) the equipment is G.INP compatible. 
Its why Ive been saying G.INP Mk2 is a much fairer solution and why BT are happy with the fix they put in place.

Quick update to this..........

It seems that reinstatement of US G.INP isn't a permanent measure (Huawei cabinet):-

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=136287.msg1252342#msg1252342

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2015, 07:52:59 PM »

no ECI activity I take it?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7