Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: G.INP Enabled on all Huawei FTTC Cabs?  (Read 30384 times)

Gareth_R

• Just arrived
Re: G.INP Enabled on all Huawei FTTC Cabs?
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2015, 10:08:55 AM »

Hi, new member here  :)
My local cab (Huawei - 140 meters away) was enabled on 13th April and I was connected on 21st April.
The Openreach engineer said the line was syncing at 80/20 and left me with an ECI modem.
Speedtest.net shows 74 down 18.5 up and 18ms ping to my nearest server which is Manchester - so far so good.
As the test results are so good (?) I guess that either G.INP has not yet been activated on the cab or DLM has not applied it to my line.
Should that situation change I gather that as things stand I would have to change to a VDSL modem which supports G.INP / Interleaving.
I like to use Netgear hardware when possible and see that the 6400 router has VDSL built in. I have checked the Netgear site but cannot see if it supports G.INP either down or up & down. Can anyone clarify if that is the case or not? and are my assumptions correct?

Update - my line has dropped on each of the last three nights. On Saturday morning after the first occurrence my ping which has consistently been around 18ms since April has gone to 32ms. Speed test is now 65 down 18 up. As stated previously I have an ECI modem on a Huawei cab.
Do you think that this could be due to G.INP being applied to the Cab / line ? (New cab mid April)

Update 7 Aug. - Yesterday I changed the ECI modem for a Netgear D6400 & updated the F/W to ver 34. The router synched at 71 down 20 up and my speed profile at the time was 67.2. Speedtests have for the last few weeks been about 64 down 18 up.
The router re synched overnight and now shows 80 down 20 up with a speed profile on Plus Net of 77.2, so  a big improvement.
The only thing is that speed tests are still around 64 down.  Do I now have to wait for "something else" to kick in to see an improvement in download speed ?

IGNORE - Now sorted.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:05:43 PM by Gareth_R »

KIAB

• Reg Member
Re: G.INP Enabled on all Huawei FTTC Cabs?
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2015, 07:19:45 AM »

I got FTTC last week and was given an ECI modem when on a Huawei cabinet. Purchased an unlocked HG612 which I got set up today. No G.INP on my line.

It will come,just got to be patient, had some work done to my line, it took about two weeks here before G.INP returned.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

anything