Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 450041 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #900 on: July 21, 2017, 06:27:11 PM »

Surprised I don't have G.INP yet.

Did you get a DLM reset or changed to another ISP

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #901 on: July 21, 2017, 06:29:25 PM »

Did you get a DLM reset or changed to another ISP

I had a new line installed.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #902 on: July 21, 2017, 06:42:59 PM »

Oh I remember now you changed ISP and needed a pair swap now 21 days on and G.INP is still not active

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #903 on: July 21, 2017, 07:15:45 PM »

It wasn't a pair swap really. It's a new line. The pair used for the old line is still there.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #904 on: July 21, 2017, 10:24:53 PM »

Have you looked on MDWS all users currently online have never seen so many Huawei users who had G.INP and now inactive in ORANGE, I don't know if they moved ISP provider or had a DLM reset but trend point's at 1st and 2nd week of July  ???

My brother (Jonski on MDWS) recently moved back to Thanet, so although it appears his line used to have G.INP, it is in fact a brand new FTTC install on a recently installed Huawei twin to an ECI. The line was activated on Wednesday. If you look at the sporadic stats you'll see a huge jump in the attainable as he was using a bog standard cheap and nasty very old extension cable, and then moved the HG612 to the master socket. The HLOG also showed what looked like bridge taps, but was just down to the extension lead.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #905 on: July 22, 2017, 12:04:58 AM »

Do you have any sisters online Ron as samantha / Samski would be a good MDWS username

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #906 on: July 22, 2017, 08:26:49 AM »

No sisters at all, three brothers,  two have fttc but only one collects stats , the other has adsl with speeds  that suites his needs and is affordable for him.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #907 on: July 22, 2017, 11:22:42 AM »

Have you looked on MDWS all users currently online have never seen so many Huawei users who had G.INP and now inactive in ORANGE, I don't know if they moved ISP provider or had a DLM reset but trend point's at 1st and 2nd week of July  ???
I checked on the MDWS "all active users" listing this morning:
Huawei cab listed users who are currently G.Inp disabled = 9 (G.Inp has been previously active)
Huawei cab listed users who have never had G.Inp enabled = 4 (including myself)

I'am sure I checked this less than a week ago and at that time I was the only active, Huawei cab member who had never been G.Inp active.
From memory, at that time there were no G.Inp inactive (orange) listings, certainly not 9.

There are quite a number of active users listed as neither Huawei or ECI cabs who have never had G.Inp applied, this has always been the case in the short time I have been active on MDWS.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #908 on: July 22, 2017, 03:14:48 PM »

I'am sure I checked this less than a week ago and at that time I was the only active, Huawei cab member who had never been G.Inp active.
Definitely not, I've been in that bracket since February.
From memory, at that time there were no G.Inp inactive (orange) listings, certainly not 9.
You must have been looking at the list wrong as there was definitely a similar figure a few weeks ago.
Username Minted on MDWS.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #909 on: July 22, 2017, 03:55:28 PM »

Since 1st July six users have had G.INP disabled and two (different users) were enabled. In the time period that is an unusually high number of disables.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #910 on: July 22, 2017, 04:21:10 PM »

OK, I could well be wrong, I quite often am !
Are we all talking about Huawei FTTC cabinet, active users only stat's excluding ECI cab users ?

bkehoe

« Reply #911 on: July 22, 2017, 05:01:27 PM »

I'm 'bkehoe' on mydslwebstats and moved home just over 2 weeks ago, still on Huawei cabinet and 8926. Spent 2 days on fastpath with 77mbit sync downstream but quite a few ES. Interleaved for over 2 weeks now with no sign of G.INP being enabled or any reduction in target SNR from 6dB. Approx 250m from cabinet.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #912 on: July 22, 2017, 05:22:10 PM »

@j0hn (MDWS minted)
Sorry to hear that you have been waiting since February for G.Inp application, looking at your MDWS stat's which you have religiously maintained, you could certainly use G.Inp on your line.

Can I ask, what caused the quite dramatic change to your MDWS stat's on 14th. June where your DS ES rate reduced considerably, DS interleaving application/modification I would guess ?

Yes, your G.Inp waiting period certainly greatly exceeds mine, just short of 7 weeks, I won't hold my breath !

Did you ever take the G.Inp non application issue up with your ISP and if so what was the response.
I certainly have not to date, have the feeling it would be a complete waste of time anyway as the whole G.Inp issue appears to be shrouded in secrecy and a very grey area.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #913 on: July 22, 2017, 05:26:58 PM »

OK, I could well be wrong, I quite often am !
Are we all talking about Huawei FTTC cabinet, active users only stat's excluding ECI cab users ?
Yes
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #914 on: July 22, 2017, 08:27:55 PM »

I'm 'bkehoe' on mydslwebstats and moved home just over 2 weeks ago, still on Huawei cabinet and 8926. Spent 2 days on fastpath with 77mbit sync downstream but quite a few ES. Interleaved for over 2 weeks now with no sign of G.INP being enabled or any reduction in target SNR from 6dB. Approx 250m from cabinet.

I take it you have moved to another Huawei FTTC cabinet ?
Are you still on the same exchange ?
From MDWS I see your DS ES rate is zero, obviously due to the quite severe DS interleaving now applied.
You are indicating that G.Inp was previously applied to you line, I'am not sure if this information is taken from MDWS records or BT DSLAM/RAMBo records, sure the more knowledgable members of the forum will be able to answer this for you.
Unless you have only moved a very short distance your line is very likely on a different cabinet/DSLAM.

In the current scheme of things with respect to G.Inp implementation it's still very early days for your line, see j0hn's post in this thread, I am fibre connected now for close to 7 weeks and still waiting.
My line is currently good enough to keep DS interleaving off (most of the time) but G.Inp would obviously make it even better, why can't I have it ?

My MDWS ID is as per this forum name.   
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 08:30:44 PM by tiffy »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62

anything