Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 451021 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #810 on: April 09, 2016, 12:19:46 AM »

yeah I understand it does seem likely, just would be nice to be sure. :)

Chrysalis even if vectoring was turned on tomorrow you would find users complaining about loss of sync rate and higher pings Openreach must take a stand here you either update your hardware or fall behind, is that not the same situation with MS or when using an old graphics card for gaming

The ECI and HG612 modems are 4-5 years old that is old technology these days yes it will work but at a slower rate.

All ISP's should be giving us at least a BCM63168 as standard or better 

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #811 on: April 09, 2016, 12:22:06 AM »

I am going to make a suggestion (and please don't quote it in other fora as a fact) that perhaps a firmware update is to be rolled out to either the ECI B-FOCuS V-2FUb/r Rev. B modems or the ECI Hi-FOCuS M41 Mini-Shelf MSAMs.  ;)

In the words of Lance Corporal Jones: "Don't panic!".
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #812 on: April 09, 2016, 12:38:45 AM »

thanks burakkucat

newt yeah, they could have done that if they didnt let end users and isps supply their own modems.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #813 on: April 09, 2016, 07:25:46 AM »

I am going to make a suggestion (and please don't quote it in other fora as a fact) that perhaps a firmware update is to be rolled out to either the ECI B-FOCuS V-2FUb/r Rev. B modems or the ECI Hi-FOCuS M41 Mini-Shelf MSAMs.  ;)

In the words of Lance Corporal Jones: "Don't panic!".
You mean an ECI cab version of G.INP mk 2 - identify the devices that don't support it and turn it off for them?

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #814 on: April 09, 2016, 08:12:59 AM »

Bob Pullen has indicated they have

halted?

There is still people on MDWS getting activated, 2 have even been done this evening.

Ok they not new activations, they both lines that look like they have been down for a number of days and they triggered the alerts.

So sods law I guess I may be a victim of a halt?  Where is the link to the plusnet post?  I guess like newt was I could be waiting for a while now then.

Only one of those two (spotter) was ECI with G.INP and he was a NEW user so no previous stats - his last resync was 17 hours prior to first stats.
On Wednesday, xhemp registered for ECI and has G.INP but no previous stats. His last resync  was 93 hours prior to registration.

But there were two new ECI/G.INP activations on Tuesday from existing users as posted elsewhere.

There are only 30 ECI users on MDWS at the moment, and only five of those don't yet have ECI with another one currently deactivated. Not sure that's a reliable basis for evaluating whether it has been delayed or stopped?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:32:42 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

Terranova667

« Reply #815 on: April 09, 2016, 10:13:25 AM »

I posted this last night in another thread that Bob Pullen over on Plusnet said that Openreach were turning off G.INP on some ECI lines that were already enabled even if it was working ok, I asked him why and he seems to suggest it hasn't worked out as planned so burakkucat could indeed be right in thinking a update of sorts be it modem or cab could be on it's way  :fingers:   

Terranova667

« Reply #816 on: April 09, 2016, 10:27:47 AM »

yeah I understand it does seem likely, just would be nice to be sure. :)

Chrysalis even if vectoring was turned on tomorrow you would find users complaining about loss of sync rate and higher pings Openreach must take a stand here you either update your hardware or fall behind, is that not the same situation with MS or when using an old graphics card for gaming

The ECI and HG612 modems are 4-5 years old that is old technology these days yes it will work but at a slower rate.

All ISP's should be giving us at least a BCM63168 as standard or better

I get what your saying but if you don't choose to update the OS or graphics card your not losing anything your PC doesn't all of a sudden loose some of it's processing power etc you just don't gain the benefits that the newer OS / Graphics card offers, with what Openreach has done some end users like myself are loosing some speed and gaining latency if it simply didn't effect anything and you had to upgrade to gain the benefits then i doubt there would be much of a problem but that's not the case.   

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #817 on: April 09, 2016, 12:28:42 PM »

Openreach were turning off G.INP on some ECI lines that were already enabled even if it was working ok,

From what I can gather, the roll-out hasn't been completely suspended.   
It appears some lines could be susceptible to a fault that looks suspiciously like the ECI modem - Issue 1 problem.

I have a bit more info,  which Ive posted here:- G.INP rollout 2016 - ECI cabs
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #818 on: April 09, 2016, 01:05:30 PM »

Bob Pullen has indicated they have

halted?

There is still people on MDWS getting activated, 2 have even been done this evening.

Ok they not new activations, they both lines that look like they have been down for a number of days and they triggered the alerts.

So sods law I guess I may be a victim of a halt?  Where is the link to the plusnet post?  I guess like newt was I could be waiting for a while now then.

Only one of those two (spotter) was ECI with G.INP and he was a NEW user so no previous stats - his last resync was 17 hours prior to first stats.
On Wednesday, xhemp registered for ECI and has G.INP but no previous stats. His last resync  was 93 hours prior to registration.

But there were two new ECI/G.INP activations on Tuesday from existing users as posted elsewhere.

There are only 30 ECI users on MDWS at the moment, and only five of those don't yet have ECI with another one currently deactivated. Not sure that's a reliable basis for evaluating whether it has been delayed or stopped?

ok thanks, hoping I have got this wrong then.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #819 on: April 09, 2016, 01:38:42 PM »

Openreach were turning off G.INP on some ECI lines that were already enabled even if it was working ok,

From what I can gather, the roll-out hasn't been completely suspended.   
It appears some lines could be susceptible to a fault that looks suspiciously like the ECI modem - Issue 1 problem.

I have a bit more info,  which Ive posted here:- G.INP rollout 2016 - ECI cabs

Hi kitz

I have lost g.inp on my billion 8800nl connected to an eci cab after 10 days of what appeared to a fairly stable connection. Not able to get any info from Sky as gave them a call earlier. Back to delay and high interleave

Cheers

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #820 on: April 09, 2016, 02:09:16 PM »

Hi skyeci

Im really sorry, but Im miles behind with looking at stats as I've had other things on this week, but what does your line card report?

DSLAM/MSAN type:           IFTN:0xb204 / v0xb204

----
For others.
Also important to note that DLM resets now trigger interleave by default.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #821 on: April 09, 2016, 02:27:32 PM »

Its a 206 version.
Cheers

Terranova667

« Reply #822 on: April 10, 2016, 04:44:10 PM »

I had a reset last night about 1am, IP profile has risen back up to 46Mb and latency has dropped back down to it's normal 13-15ms It could well be that G.INP has been turned off on my line as Bob on the Plusnet forum said was happening Or Openreach already has a fix i dunno,  I can't confirm if G.INP is off until tomorrow when the Plusnet staff are around to check. 

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #823 on: April 12, 2016, 10:56:52 AM »

I was reset on my ECI cab some 5 days ago and lost G.INP. It was working great for me with a download increase of some 6-7Mbps and it halved my ping.
Not sure if it was the HH5A I put on to prove to PN that my SBG3300-N was working fine as my upload speed is below the FTTC A range, the connection was not stable at all on the HH5A or if G.INP has just been switched off. Any way to find out?
I'm now using a Nighthawk D7000 which seems rock solid as I wanted the 5GHz wireless.
Ironically my max speed was 52Mbps until OR visited yesterday and did a DLM reset, it suddenly dropped to 47Mbps and was down as far as 45Mbps yesterday and that's with zero interleaving when interleaving was on the line at 52Mbps, OR basically made my line worse and left after 6.5 hours of wasted time.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #824 on: April 12, 2016, 01:06:25 PM »

Can I clarify when you say reset some days ago - do you mean g.INP was removed or if that was when the engineer did the reset.

AFAIK, they didn't begin rolling back G.INP until last Thursday (7th).   When did things become problematic and when did you put the HH5A on the line.   

or if G.INP has just been switched off. Any way to find out?
1) Ask PN if they will do a GEA service test
- See How can I tell if G.INP / Retransmission has been applied to my line?

2) I note you say you are currently using a D7000, but also have an SBG3300.   
Both of these routers - certainly the SBG3300 - should give you telnet access to the BCM shell to find out in depth information about your line.
-----
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 62

anything