Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 450982 times)

MrBelter

Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #780 on: February 04, 2016, 09:29:32 AM »

Hello, long time reader here  :)

My mate had Infinity installed on Wednesday and yesterday when i was turning off smart setup and splitting the SSIDs for him i couldn't believe that the engineer has given him a HH5 Type A and he is connected to a Huawei cab. It seems no one has learnt anything really.

Hello and welcome :)

My daughter recently moved home and had fttc installed in Oct.  The Openreach engineer supplied them with an ECI modem.  (She is on a Huawei cab).

She seems more than happy with her speeds which she says were better than VM at her last house.   Bearing in mind she will be moving again soon, Im not bothering to say or do anything.

Hi Kits, his speeds are great, no issues at all, it just seems daft that BT are supplying a router that they know is not fully compatible with even current technologies.

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #781 on: February 04, 2016, 11:35:31 AM »

Whether it does or it doesn't you would have thought they would have been supplying type b as a matter of course by now.

The reason BT quote for having 2 different versions of the Home Hub 5 is that they needed more than one manufacturer to keep up with demand - not that the functionality between the two is different (though they do use different chipsets).

Some earlier versions of the Home Hub also had A and B versions made by different manufacturers.

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #782 on: March 23, 2016, 09:08:12 AM »

Hi

I take it G.INP is all go on ECI cabinets now?

After my line dropped and came back, on my XyXEL 8924 it reports:

Code: [Select]
RxQueue:                42              0
TxQueue:                14              0
G.INP Framing:          18              0
G.INP lookback:         14              0
RRC bits:               0               24

And further down the stats:

Retransmit Counters
rtx_tx:         10              0
rtx_c:          2               0
rtx_uc:         0               0

G.INP Counters
LEFTRS:         0               0
minEFTR:        79982           0
errFreeBits:    766157          0

Vendor details:
ChipSet Vendor Id:      IFTN:0xb204
ChipSet VersionNumber:  0xb204
ChipSet SerialNumber:   5502215529

Regards

Phil

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #783 on: March 23, 2016, 09:43:21 AM »

That's good news. Yeah, there's been another thread about this in the FTTC issues section. I thought it was for only those cabinets upgraded to version 0xb206, as I'm still on 0xb204 this pleases me to hear this and can't wait to see it go live on my line, if it hasn't already that is :).

Terranova667

« Reply #784 on: April 08, 2016, 08:35:10 PM »

@Ixel  I couldn't wait either but I was enabled yesterday and it didn't go well I'm on a ECI cab with a Openreach ECI modem and my latency increased and i lost around 4Mb of speed, I can only guess that the Openreach modems are still not G.INP compatible although i'm still trying to get a definite answer for that as it's been a year since the Huawei updates etc

but it currently looks like i may have to get new gear to replace the Openreach stuff :(

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #785 on: April 08, 2016, 08:36:18 PM »

for those who it hasnt gone well please dont report a fault :p until I have been moved over incase they suspend it.

Terranova it really sounds like you are on the fallback interleaving profile, when g.inp is activated, there is no longer fast path profiles, if a device is deemed incompatible or line is not stable enough then it will go to interleaving.

Terranova667

« Reply #786 on: April 08, 2016, 08:57:52 PM »

@chrysalis I was confirmed by Plusnet today G.INP enabled as my profile states here 0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

so it's not gone to a interleaving profile i'm not sure what's going on hence why i asked if the Openreach ECI modem was still not compatible even with the change Openreach did during the Huawei cab rollout because it looks like what happened when ECI modems were on the Huawei cabs during the first roll out even though i'm on a ECI cab with the ECI modem. 

as is say i don't know what's going on and with the Openreach modem locked down i can't get stats and no other Modem at hand either and i cant afford to spend money needlessly to find out.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 09:01:34 PM by Terranova667 »

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #787 on: April 08, 2016, 09:19:04 PM »

for those who it hasnt gone well please dont report a fault :p until I have been moved over incase they suspend it.
Oops too late

ip75

« Reply #788 on: April 08, 2016, 09:24:37 PM »

I think the problem here is that you're using an ECI modem, and you have G.INP enabled on the *upstream*. ECI modems don't support this, if I recall?

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #789 on: April 08, 2016, 09:27:15 PM »

G.INP is not enabled upstream.

ip75

« Reply #790 on: April 08, 2016, 09:29:44 PM »

@chrysalis I was confirmed by Plusnet today G.INP enabled as my profile states here 0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

That means it is, doesn't it?

Edit: sorry, misread it. The retransmission bit refers to downstream. As you were.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #791 on: April 08, 2016, 09:38:15 PM »

did they tell you the upstream profile.

Your data points to interleaving somewhere.

I have forgotten what they did on hauwei for this, I think they are on hauwei -> eci allowed fast path still on the upstream, but I believe you have to wait and it doesnt go instantly to fast path.  I am definitely not sure on this and someone who know's more, should confirm.  I stopped following eci changes sometime last year and only took interest again after this eci rollout started.

--edit--

Thinking about it a bit more and not going to MDWS to check, I think g.inp ended up been one way for everyone due to the ECI modem issues.  With a interleaved profile been default but then moving to fast path if the upstream is stable.

Personally I wouldnt be relying on those GEA reports alone, you need to see raw connection stats from the modem.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 09:41:48 PM by Chrysalis »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #792 on: April 08, 2016, 09:59:00 PM »

Have not seen any new G.INP Rollouts to ECI users this week could they have halted it ?

Terranova667

« Reply #793 on: April 08, 2016, 10:11:50 PM »

@Newtronstar i was enabled yesterday so no they haven't halted it

@Chrysalis my Upstream profile is listed 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off  the downstream is the one with G.INP enabled 0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low  so only one way on ECI as it should be.

as for Interleaving i cant see where it's being applied your right about not solely relying on the GEA but with it being the Openreach ECI modem i have no way of getting stats from it I don't have the skills or the equipment to unlock it to find out what's going on, and no other modem to hand to find out either.

all i know is when it was enabled my latency increased and i lost some down speed like it was with the first hauwei roll out before the openreach change was put in place yet i'm on a ECI cab with the Openreach ECI modem . i dunno it's all a little weird  ???
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 10:16:35 PM by Terranova667 »

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #794 on: April 08, 2016, 10:12:05 PM »

Bob Pullen has indicated they have
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62