Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 450962 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #720 on: August 07, 2015, 10:34:27 PM »

does G.INP have its own fastpath/interleaving vs the normal part of the line or are you saying that this line doesn't appear to be interleaved at all anymore?

The way you can look at G.INP MK2 is the Downstream has very low interleaving  (2 - 16) and the Upstream is on Fastpath (interleaved 1) if that helps.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 11:10:34 PM by NewtronStar »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #721 on: August 08, 2015, 12:22:04 AM »

INP (DMT symbol)   51.00   0.00

hmmmm...   that looks like the line has g.inp mk2 applied at cab level.

I'm currently using a Billion 8800NL

Do you have the latest g.inp firmware?

----
ETA
Sorry NS, just noticed that you also spotted the signs of  g.inp Mk2.
I think Enverex may need to check that he's upgraded to the g.inp f/w - see this thread.   
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:32:54 AM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Enverex

• Just arrived
« Reply #722 on: August 08, 2015, 03:12:00 AM »

The way you can look at G.INP MK2 is the Downstream has very low interleaving  (2 - 16) and the Upstream is on Fastpath (interleaved 1) if that helps.

I do remember interleaving being 64 or so before so that does appear to have dropped significantly.

INP (DMT symbol)   51.00   0.00

hmmmm...   that looks like the line has g.inp mk2 applied at cab level.

I'm currently using a Billion 8800NL

Do you have the latest g.inp firmware?

----
ETA
Sorry NS, just noticed that you also spotted the signs of  g.inp Mk2.
I think Enverex may need to check that he's upgraded to the g.inp f/w - see this thread.

Yeah, I upgraded the firmware about a week ago as I noticed my router was locking up every few days (it's not locked up since I updated).

rhole

• Just arrived
« Reply #723 on: August 09, 2015, 10:58:09 AM »

Hi all I've been monitoring the whole ECI G.INP situation only very loosely and I have a question for people who may know...

My FTTC line had a re-sync sometime this morning. I'm using an Unlocked ECI/r modem with astrokids firmware.  First ever re-sync since install 2 months ago.
The line has dropped from 75Mbit to 65Mbit and Interleaving has been applied.  I don't really know much of the commands in the terminal but I saw the following...

ActualInterleaveDelay=975 ActualImpulseNoiseProtection=30

But this really isn't my problem. What I want to know is it possible for my ECI Cab to have had G.INP rolled out to it?    I now cannot connect to the Internet properly.  The Modem is in Sync but the Router struggles to obtain a WAN connection.  Eventually it does and when I Speedtest/Ping it is all over the place.  I say I ping the BBC I get wildly varying responses all the way up to ~2000ms.   

Basically if G.INP has been enabled on my Cab is it possible that this unlocked ECI/r modem has not received the firmware update?   I think I read somewhere that I can get sync but the connection is a bag of crap.   The firmware on my ECI modem is v5.4.8.6.1.6

Just wan't to rule this out before I spend time on the phone.

Are there any ECI telnet commands to get some info for G.INP?

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #724 on: August 09, 2015, 11:43:35 AM »

I'm not sure where the equivalent of the dsl_cpe_pipe.sh script is located in the ECI's filesystem, but the commands to check the configuration and status are:
lfcg - line feature config get
lfcs - line feature config set
lfsg - line feature status get

read upstream config:
dsl_cpe_pipe.sh lfcg 0

read downstream config:
dsl_cpe_pipe.sh lfcg 1

I'm not sure if the ECI modems or the HH5A have received a firmware update for upstream ReTx yet. That requires the VDSL firmware to be at least 5.7.x.x.x.x (the minimum firmware versions required are given in the driver source code, src/include/drv_dsl_cpe_device_vrx.h).

I think one of the issues Lantiq devices have had is that ReTx wasn't enabled in the configuration by default, so some of the firmware updates for devices have contained the same VDSL firmware versions, but with ReTx switched on. If lfcg reports bReTxEnable=0, then you might be able to enable downstream ReTx with the lfcs command:
dsl_cpe_pipe.sh lfcs 1 1 1 1 0 -1

rhole

• Just arrived
« Reply #725 on: August 12, 2015, 12:56:54 PM »

Thanks for the commands. I ran the command the other day to enable it in the config. The script was in  /opt/lantiq/bin/dsl_cpe_pipe.sh on the ECI/r. But I don't know whats going on with my line.  So it resynced for the first time ever on the 9th and dropped to Interleave mode and down to 65Mbit. It forced a resync on config change after playing in the console and I got 67Mbit...

http://i.imgur.com/GiDWpsm.png

Last night it resynced by itself and this morning is showing back on Fastpath and a 10Mbit improvement...

http://i.imgur.com/2HUyrs8.png

I guess not anything to do with G.INP. But I didn't think DLMs acted so fast on line improvements?

Also. Although I am now synced at 76Mbit and I can confirm my pings have returned to fastpath latency I am locked at 60Mbit downstream.  Every speedtest I do is locked solid at 60 throughput. Almost as though it is still 'really' at 65ish sync.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:04:11 PM by rhole »

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #726 on: August 12, 2015, 08:47:09 PM »

It's difficult to work out exactly why your speed went down or up again, the lfsg command show should if G.INP a.k.a. ReTx is currently in use. Unfortunately, the driver ChangeLog file mentions a bug about the lfsg command not displaying the ReTx status correctly (fixed in driver version 4.14.4). Also if G.INP was in use, the total ActualImpulseNoiseProtection value should be quite big, around 40.0 which would be displayed as 400 (it's given in units of 0.1).

As for your speedtest results - perhaps your ISP has a copy of the IP profile number, which should update automatically, eventually.

Oldjim

• Reg Member
« Reply #727 on: August 19, 2015, 05:08:10 PM »

Slightly off topic
My cab, which was a part of BD UK rollout and made live around the middle of June, but my 8800NL still doesn't show G.INP as being enabled.
Is there a possibility that the cab change has been made but that a router resync wasn't initiated or am I clutching at straws
Jim
Plusnet

Oldjim

• Reg Member
« Reply #728 on: August 21, 2015, 09:02:33 AM »

Just happened

Stats recorded 21 Aug 2015 08:59:07

DSLAM/MSAN type:           BDCM:0xa485 / v0xa485
Modem/router firmware:     AnnexA version - A2pv6F039g1.d24m
DSL mode:                  VDSL2 Profile 17a
Uptime:                    2 hours 13 min 1 sec
Resyncs:                   1 (since 16 Aug 2015 12:53:33)

Downstream   Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):     21.4      0.0
Signal attenuation (dB):   Not available on VDSL2      
Connection speed (kbps):   48446      10569
SNR margin (dB):           6.3      6.3
Power (dBm):               12.6      5.9
Interleave depth:          8      1
INP:                       48.00      0
G.INP:                     Enabled      
Speed increased from just over 43Mb to 48.4Mb
A significant improvement
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 12:02:27 PM by Oldjim »
Jim
Plusnet

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #729 on: August 21, 2015, 11:47:05 AM »

Thats brilliant news OJ.   Glad that they finally got around to you  :thumbs: :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #730 on: August 21, 2015, 11:47:29 AM »

I forgot to update this thread yesterday.   

We now have official confirmation from Openreach for most of the things that I'd been saying in this thread such as the catchups would occur after the G.INP Mk1 to G.INP Mk2 updates were complete, Huawei cab progress and some of the DLM behaviour and that g.inp would be re-enabled on the upstream if the DLM thought the line would benefit and it had compatible hardware.....

......plus some answers in a bit more depth about DLM.

The information direct from Openreach's Chief Engineer can be seen here :-  Openreach's implementation of G.INP / Retransmission
-----

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #731 on: August 23, 2015, 03:10:36 PM »

But I didn't think DLMs acted so fast on line improvements?
Well after switching  the Huawei modem for the ECI which worked fine for some 2 days then following DLM intervening left the ECI is a similar state IE appeared to have a sync but no PPPOE  session, and i could not connect.  the connection had been down for a few hrs before i was aware of it,
I changed the modem back to the huawei and after it obtained a sync PPPOE session was restored ,But it had G.inp removed  and interleave applied that was on the 4th august @7.58
On the 6th august @12.42 AM DLM increased sync a little and also interleaving
But again on the same day @6.48am  DLM restored G.inp

lcl00

« Reply #732 on: August 23, 2015, 04:20:12 PM »

Well... it finally happened.  DLM dropped the connection last night at 3AM, removed interleaving and applied G.INP.  I'm now up to 53722 on the downstream and 7030 on the upstream.  The 7030 looks a bit low given how high the downstream is, but I'm not really complaining.  The line is 1250m long and I never expected to see numbers like that on it!

ES went to zero and FECs plummeted.  I got about 7 ES during a thunderstorm, but the line didn't resync at all and remained solid throughout all of it.  Yay!

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #733 on: August 23, 2015, 04:28:56 PM »

lcl00: what is your attenuation?

lcl00

« Reply #734 on: August 23, 2015, 05:28:11 PM »

AlecR:  The HG612 reports it as 21.9dB and the TG589vn v3 reports it at 16.9dB.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 62