Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 451159 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #660 on: July 17, 2015, 11:23:53 AM »

Waits for NS to post his news ;D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #661 on: July 17, 2015, 11:41:42 AM »

You got there before me :)
  Eric

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #662 on: July 17, 2015, 12:00:06 PM »

lots of enables today.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #663 on: July 17, 2015, 12:21:22 PM »

lots of enables today.

Yep 64 days later since the loss of Mk1 it appeared on my line this morning with the Mk2 version  ;D

It also gave me an extra 5Mbps but i'll need to keep an eye on the DS SNRM during RFI sunset time  :(

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #664 on: July 17, 2015, 12:41:15 PM »

lots of enables today.

It probably seems like it because they are doing the catchups, so because there are a lot less catchups to do than the nationwide Mk1 -> MK2 , they will appear to move quicker. All the catchups should take less than a couple of weeks, so bearing in mind the first catch-up showed about a week ago, there's only a few more days left until all Huawei lines should be done.   
I'm sure I said in a post somewhere several weeks ago that estimated completion was mid to end July, but dunno which post I said that in now because I must have forgot to put it in the update thread :/

Quote from: kitz
18/06/2015 - Progress report
Mk1 to Mk2 updates about half way done.
Any Huawei lines which missed Mk1 because their line went live after March or have had a DLM reset will go straight to Mk2 profile when the  Mk1 -> Mk2 upgrades are complete.
ECI situation to be reviewed after completion of the Huawei cabs.

12/07/2015 - Progress report
All Huawei Mk1 -> Mk2 upgrades should be complete.
Currently rolling out G.INP to the 'catchup' lines.  Anticipated full completion of the Huawei lines within the next couple of weeks.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

KIAB

• Reg Member
« Reply #665 on: July 17, 2015, 01:08:22 PM »

Found I now have G.INP enabled this morning, speed has gone up to 75Mb from the previous 69Mb. :)

And the SNR has dropped a bit to Down 6.2 & Up 5.6.

EDIT: On a Huawei cab here.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 03:57:58 PM by KIAB »

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #666 on: July 17, 2015, 02:11:52 PM »

Found I now have G.INP enabled this morning, speed has gone up to 75Mb from the previous 69Mb. :)

Does anyone know why Ginp may give you more not less speed? I have major crosstalk issues on eci cab so if ginp ever comes along I hope I will get a bit of speed back but as ginp is another channel bearer1 wouldn't that mean the bandwidth b1 takes up would cause a speed drop?

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #667 on: July 17, 2015, 02:51:02 PM »

Does anyone know why Ginp may give you more not less speed? I have major crosstalk issues on eci cab so if ginp ever comes along I hope I will get a bit of speed back but as ginp is another channel bearer1 wouldn't that mean the bandwidth b1 takes up would cause a speed drop?

I too am looking forward to the day of when ECI DSLAM's get G.INP, if that day ever arrives that is. Regarding the bearer 1, as I understand it the second bearer is used when G.INP needs to do things such as retransmit due to an error in the original transmission attempt. As such it has no actual bandwidth on the bearer and is dynamically used. I can't explain why G.INP gives more speed generally though, but it's obviously related to how it corrects errors and is therefore far more efficient than the traditional INP.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #668 on: July 17, 2015, 02:52:38 PM »

In essence, G.INP improves the reliability of the connection which allows it to run at a faster rate.

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #669 on: July 17, 2015, 04:05:19 PM »

I can't explain why G.INP gives more speed generally though, but it's obviously related to how it corrects errors and is therefore far more efficient than the traditional INP.

The extra speed is gained from using bandwidth that would otherwise have been reserved for error correction overheads. G.INP has little or no overheads except at the instant retransmission is actually occurring, at which point available bandwidth will drop slightly, but will be restored once retransmission completes, rather than allocating x% of the channel for error correction at all times, whether necessary at any given instant or not.

KIAB

• Reg Member
« Reply #670 on: July 17, 2015, 04:41:58 PM »

In essence, G.INP improves the reliability of the connection which allows it to run at a faster rate.

So, would I see any further improvement in the speed changing from a HG612 to a Billion 8800NL?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #671 on: July 17, 2015, 04:46:27 PM »

So, would I see any further improvement in the speed changing from a HG612 to a Billion 8800NL?

There's no way of knowing. In my case they have virtually identical DSL performance.
  Eric

peterj

« Reply #672 on: July 18, 2015, 11:29:16 AM »

I was enabled about 45 minutes ago. Speed has gone up from 36.25 to 42.75 so quite pleased with that. I am on a cab that was enabled mid April, so after first roll out was suspended.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #673 on: July 18, 2015, 12:06:02 PM »

Loonylions post explains the crux of it.   G.INP is a form of error Protection.  Where as the traditional form of using Reed Soloman for Error Correction caused overheads because it carries redundant data that is used to re-assemble data if some of it is lost through noise bursts etc.   

Reed Soloman (RS encoding) means that redundant data is carried 100% of the time, so if the line isnt erroring then that redundant data is being transmitted taking up some of the bandwidth and reducing the available sync. 

G.INP stores data in a buffer and if data is corrupted, then and only then is it re-requested. Bearer 1 only retransmits data from the buffer when needed.  However unlike Error Correction it cant re-assemble corrupt data, just attempt to request and if the re-request fails then this triggers traditional CRC type errors.   It all depends on the type of noise bursts but g.inp is very good in particular for REIN type bursts which are very short.

The downsides of G.INP - it doesnt cope as well for different (longer) noise bursts, so some lines would be better served with traditional Error Correction.   There's also some good/short lines that dont need any error protection or error correction which wont really see any benefit.

It comes to real benefit for lines which previously needed Error Correction for REIN type noise.  Their increased sync comes from giving back speed which was previously taken via RS overheads. However as already mentioned by LL, whilst those with g.inp may think they have a better sync - at times of noise then their available bandwidth does drop whilst retransmission is occurring.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #674 on: July 18, 2015, 01:45:32 PM »

Since i've been blessed with G.INP again on the HG612 my curious side is wondering should i try it out on the Brightbox 2 it's being used as router and not as a VDSL modem.

Don't know should i leave it as it is ?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 62