Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 451031 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #570 on: June 14, 2015, 10:39:38 PM »

The earliest I am aware of had it activated 7th February.

Yes they did appear to start the rollout quite slowly and then ramp up the numbers they were doing in Feb/Mar, which is one of the reasons why its possible that the MkII rollout may not take as long.

He still appears to be on the 'Mk 1' G.INP profile (G.INP active for both DS & US).

From what I can see I'd tend to agree with you, in that nothing seems to have changed.

His connection seems to be actively using/needing the benefits of G.INP's upstream ReTX, so I wonder if it is only those connections that are deemed to NOT need it that are now having it removed from their upstream

It appears that in MkII G.INP DLM,  the option is still there for upstream ReTX - as long as the modem is compatible and the default is Error Protection (INP/GINP) OFF.

It would seem logical to me that as the new G.INP system detects that a line need further DLM intervention, it would then apply G.INP.  I'm assuming the trigger would be the usual 300 MTBE in exactly the same way in which the old system would apply INP to the upstream.

Please note the last paragraph is my assumption, but IMHO the probability is the most likely based on what info we do have so far.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #571 on: June 14, 2015, 11:16:01 PM »

FWIW, I have attached a 96 day ongoing montage for one user who initially had G.INP activated around 5th March (i.e. one of the earlier users to have it activated).

BE1 the 5th of March on the MK1 is still quite a long way for that user to get the MK2, the middle of July would be around about right as i can't see why the MK2 rollout would be faster than the MK1 as nothing really i guess has changed on the central OR server.

I am not convinced this user has the MK2 G.INP  :no:
please remember we are only on day 19 of the MK2 rollout and counting
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:47:45 PM by NewtronStar »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #572 on: June 16, 2015, 07:46:13 AM »

At 03:10 this morning my connection re-synced, and it now has G.INP on the downstream only. Upstream interleave depth is now 1, upstream INP is 0, and the upstream SNRM increased by 2 dB for the same connection speed. I'm now seeing small numbers of upstream ES (1 to 5 per hour so far).
  Eric

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #573 on: June 16, 2015, 08:07:35 AM »

Co-incidentally, mine also resynced this morning, at 00.49. I still have G.INP on the upstream and my interleave has reduced. My sync speed is now max - 80000/20000.

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #574 on: June 16, 2015, 09:16:08 AM »

Has anyone got any decent increase in db margin and therefore connection speed by ginp being enabled? I am on fastpath 57/20 affected by crosstalk.  Can I expect a speed bump if they decide to rollout to eci cabs?

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #575 on: June 16, 2015, 09:20:17 AM »

Yes, my sync shot back up to max as soon as G.INP was active on my line. I put this down to a reduction in interleaving and error correction symbols. But as you're on an ECI cab, don't hold your breath.

Gareth_R

• Just arrived
« Reply #576 on: June 16, 2015, 09:42:04 AM »

My fibre broadband went live on 21st April (second user on a newly enabled Huawei cab, ECI modem)
My line has consistently synced at 78meg with consistent daily speed tests of 74 down 18 up 14ms ping.
At 6:15 this morning the PPOE connection reset and the line re-synced at 72.2. The speed test is now 68 down 18 up and 14 ms ping.
Do you think this could be due to Mk2 G.INP being enabled on the cab overnight ?
Thanks.
Gareth_R
Edit - I've just had a response from Plus Net =
I can't see any obvious issues with your line, the sync has dropped to 74.7 but there's no obvious fault.

Downstream Speed 74.7 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps

Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:47:00 AM by Gareth_R »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #577 on: June 16, 2015, 10:33:56 AM »

At 03:10 this morning my connection re-synced, and it now has G.INP on the downstream only. Upstream interleave depth is now 1, upstream INP is 0, and the upstream SNRM increased by 2 dB for the same connection speed. I'm now seeing small numbers of upstream ES (1 to 5 per hour so far).

Thanks for the update.  So you seem to have gained some max attainable with it switched off, but a small amount of errors.   If they keep at that level I dont think DLM will be interested.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #578 on: June 16, 2015, 10:38:54 AM »

Has anyone got any decent increase in db margin and therefore connection speed by ginp being enabled? I am on fastpath 57/20 affected by crosstalk.  Can I expect a speed bump if they decide to rollout to eci cabs?

As Dray basically said, the amount of any speed benefit will depend on your existing line conditions.  So if your line is currently interleaved and has INP then you are likely to see some benefit with G.INP.   However, if you're not interleaved and dont currently have INP applied, then G.INP shouldn't make much difference.   It will be interesting to see what happens on the upstream for the ECI cabs.  I suspect that they will do exactly as they are now with the Huawei's though and the default profile will be Error Protection OFF.
-----

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #579 on: June 16, 2015, 10:49:03 AM »

I think was work this morning near me.

Just after midnight I lost PPP, I thought was a plusnet or BTw issue, then not long after that I lost sync.  Also not long after that PPP was still dropping, so at that point I got annoyed, turned everything off and went to bed.  This morning is back on now but no g.inp.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #580 on: June 16, 2015, 10:52:27 AM »

Downstream Speed 74.7 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps

Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

That indicates that G.INP hasnt been rolled out to your line yet.   In which case the most likely cause of a speed drop in the region of 5Mb is crosstalk from a new line.   Without seeing full stats difficult to say, but due to the fact you are still on the base default profile then its not anything DLM related.  If it was a new crosstalker on the cab, then this would have taken your SNRm to a low level, which in turn eventually will cause a resync.   Bit weird though for it to happen at 6:15..  but I cant see anything in your profile which has changed to cause a resync.

Do you think this could be due to Mk2 G.INP being enabled on the cab overnight ?

I would expect that all the Huawei cabs would be updated with G.INP available profiles as they were done before the lines were updated....  afaik they only suspended the rollout on a line basis - ie stage two.

-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #581 on: June 16, 2015, 11:06:49 AM »

I think was work this morning near me.

Just after midnight I lost PPP, I thought was a plusnet or BTw issue, then not long after that I lost sync.  Also not long after that PPP was still dropping, so at that point I got annoyed, turned everything off and went to bed.  This morning is back on now but no g.inp.

Hmmmm   interesting. 

Now you come to mention it, I had some weirdness a couple of nights ago.  From what I can gather something happened at about 3.30 am, but unfortunately at about the same time HG612 modem stats errored with a duplicate instance running.    By about 4:30 DSLstats had generated a pile of errors similar to "cant run because detected instance of HG612modem stats running".   Then sometime later that same morning (cant recall exact time but a few hours or so) the errors in DSLstats changed to "Cant Log in to Modem" and at which point I couldnt access my router GUI or telnet so had to reboot. 

Unfortunately though when HG612stats locks up with the double instance, this then causes DSLstats to also not record.. so I dont have a clue what was happening at around 3:30 and Ive no stats from either. :( 
-----

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #582 on: June 16, 2015, 11:15:18 AM »

Ok I just made a graph in modem stats for last 24h (thanks to work in other thread BE, is really fast now).

It reports a massive spike in crc it seems around the time I lost sync, 5k crc errors, but only 10ES, so was an errored second with tons of CRC.

That could still be caused by someone at the dslam yanking out the able tho :)

Just thought I would report it.

I dont think it will affect my DLM with such low ES.

Also to report I got a very small increase in attenuation, since I resynced this morning. 
The SES graph shows all 10 ES were SES.
Also attaching my power graph, that one just looks weird.
Will attach US atten graph also, check the U0 attenuation.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:27:26 AM by Chrysalis »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #583 on: June 16, 2015, 11:26:10 AM »

@NS

It's just struck me that when youre basing your projected MkII updates, you are basing it from the beginning of Jan.   What hasnt dawned on me until this morning with your projection is that for the month of Jan, they were upgrading the cabs only and they didnt start doing any DLM line changes until Feb - Im as bad because I also should have twigged this and said earlier.  So in reality it took them 2 months to do all the line upgrades.

The upgrades during the first month would be a firmware upgrade to the cabs to make them G.INP ready and this is what caused the 10 mins outage.
Then once the cabs were g.inp ready they then started rolling out the DLM changes to the line.

Mk 2 is just DLM changes, and no work needed on the cabs.

......... which leads on to Chrys....   I wonder if they have started prepping the ECI's?    We need confirmation from more ECI cabbers first.
-----

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #584 on: June 16, 2015, 11:26:47 AM »

reread kitz I edited :)
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 62