Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 450949 times)

underzone

• Reg Member
Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #555 on: June 13, 2015, 09:12:11 PM »

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,138084.msg1238310/topicseen.html#new

"what Kitz says or her forums says it all really". Kitz is a chick?

I think I'm in love!

And also with Kate Russell (BBC Click)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:14:36 PM by underzone »

Terranova667

« Reply #556 on: June 13, 2015, 09:45:32 PM »

newt are you back on g.inp yet or still waiting?

:no: still waiting it took my line 2 months and 19 days to get the MK1 G.INP rollout so i expect to get the MK2 in August, So if you add up both rollouts i have had to wait close to half a year  :o

Us ECI Cab users are still waiting.. for something .. anything   :'(  :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:54:24 PM by Terranova667 »

Tazz

« Reply #557 on: June 13, 2015, 09:48:19 PM »

Been lurking in this thread for a bit and reading the plusnet thread too... Just want to say Kitz thank you for the forum and for all of the information including making it easy for us to all understand  ;D it really does annoy me when people with inside info just use it to tease others with it calling them wrong and acting big headed. Kitz and the members of this forum are not like that  :D

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,138084.msg1238310/topicseen.html#new

"what Kitz says or her forums says it all really". Kitz is a chick?

I think I'm in love!

And also with Kate Russell (BBC Click)

I also just learned this  :P :P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:50:22 PM by Tazz »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #558 on: June 13, 2015, 11:23:54 PM »

Umm...  thanks guys.  Lol - I guess you missed the Matrix reference under my AV ;)  <--------------

Sorry to disappoint, but the resemblance between me and Kate Russell ends at the long blonde hair.  I'm afraid Im more of a mother hen than a chick these days ;)

On a more serious note, I cant take all the credit.  We have a damn good team here and we work together.  It wouldnt be what it is without the likes of the regs who help contribute and those who beaver away behind the scenes to bring you f/w, HG612 modem stats, DSLstats etc and the tons of other informative information.  I won't name names, because there are too many and I dont want to upset anyone by forgetting to include them.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #559 on: June 13, 2015, 11:28:05 PM »

Us ECI Cab users are still waiting.. for something .. anything   :'(  :)

T667 we are all Brothers In Arms we fight for the same thing FTTC Equality be you on a Huawei or ECI cab we should all be treated the same  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #560 on: June 13, 2015, 11:38:25 PM »

@ chrys, Ive not been back to read whats been said (or deleted), but I bet you any money there is no admittance that he was wrong.

I know what he will have done and thats seen ReTX in the profiles and jumped to conclusions and formed his own opinion.   Although Im happier with the fix and it gives hope to ECI cabs, Im still not sure what the future re the ECI modems are.  Still need to see proper stats for those and Ive not seen anyone reporting any improvements for those yet.  The removal of Interleaving should ease things a tad, but if they have also upped the default Error correction like some say, then the lack of attainable sync could be an issue for some.  I'm waiting to see proper stats though on those - which isnt going to be easy. :(

Btw - NewtronStar is kindly offering up his HomeHub5A for free in the name of research if there is anyone on a g.inp'd cab who wishes to play.  The only reason he's getting rid is because it doesnt work with his new ISP (EU needs to be with BT or PN) - linky   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #561 on: June 13, 2015, 11:49:57 PM »

I think I'm in love!

UZ can tell you this i don't like the BBC CLICK new theme tune what was wrong with the old one it reminded me of BBC Micro live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLfYT6yXgEc

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #562 on: June 14, 2015, 01:38:15 AM »

Btw - NewtronStar is kindly offering up his HomeHub5A for free in the name of research if there is anyone on a g.inp'd cab who wishes to play.  The only reason he's getting rid is because it doesnt work with his new ISP (EU needs to be with BT or PN) - linky

Or TalkTalk, as authentication is done purely by the CLI . . .  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #563 on: June 14, 2015, 11:48:07 AM »

@ chrys, Ive not been back to read whats been said (or deleted), but I bet you any money there is no admittance that he was wrong.

I know what he will have done and thats seen ReTX in the profiles and jumped to conclusions and formed his own opinion.   Although Im happier with the fix and it gives hope to ECI cabs, Im still not sure what the future re the ECI modems are.  Still need to see proper stats for those and Ive not seen anyone reporting any improvements for those yet.  The removal of Interleaving should ease things a tad, but if they have also upped the default Error correction like some say, then the lack of attainable sync could be an issue for some.  I'm waiting to see proper stats though on those - which isnt going to be easy. :(

he basically said in his reply to you he doesnt care if he is wrong and as such giving people wrong information, all he cares about is transmitting openreach information as he understands it.

I then replied to him saying we know you dont care and thats why kitz has had to correct you in the above post, I said something in relation to him been a openreach puppet or similar and my post got deleted for been a personal attack.  He does seem to be getting special attention from the mods, I have had far worse things said to me and I dont go running to mods, and neither have mods deleted posts on my behalf.

and yeah thats nice of you newt, especially as you could have sold it to fund your 8800nl.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #564 on: June 14, 2015, 01:22:49 PM »

Does anyone know if BT's doing something with the ECI cabs?

Reason I ask is my FB 7490 resynced this morning for no apparent reason (no CRC or ES/SES spikes to cause a loss of sync that I can see). Somewhere between 4am to 5am I lost sync for a minute or so. No changes to the usual connection parameters such as max sync rates, INP, delay, SRA, G.INP - they're all the same as before. I can't imagine it to be a glitch in the connection.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #565 on: June 14, 2015, 02:04:19 PM »

The most I know is that situation is to be reviewed after roll-out of Huawei's complete.  But thats not to say they can't/wont change their plans. 
AFAIK nothing on any of the ECIs cab yet.  However, because of the limitation of how many lines they can rollout per night, then I doubt they'd do ECI's until the Huaweis are complete.

As the likes of the HH5A users on BTforum seem happier now latency has been removed, they may even do a straight roll on to ECI cabs when Huawei's are complete as per the original plans?
-----

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #566 on: June 14, 2015, 02:12:14 PM »

Is that JDSU issue resolved for the ECI's?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #567 on: June 14, 2015, 02:52:12 PM »

The JDSU fix should be relatively easy by swapping out the Infineon SIM to a Huawei one.   The JDSU's are modular, so once ordered and distributed should be too hard.  I should imagine the most difficult part would be BT getting their hands on 'x' number of SIMs at once.   BS would probably be best to answer that one.
-----

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #568 on: June 14, 2015, 08:12:34 PM »

except this is the illustrious BT you are talking about here,they have experts in ineptness

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #569 on: June 14, 2015, 10:11:07 PM »

FWIW, I have attached a 96 day ongoing montage for one user who initially had G.INP activated around 5th March (i.e. one of the earlier users to have it activated).

The earliest I am aware of had it activated 7th February.

Mine was activated 23rd March.

He still appears to be on the 'Mk 1' G.INP profile (G.INP active for both DS & US).

I have also attached a copy of his raw stats (xlogfile.txt) for reference.

His connection seems to be actively using/needing the benefits of G.INP's upstream ReTX, so I wonder if it is only those connections that are deemed to NOT need it that are now having it removed from their upstream ???

FWIW, mine is still active for US & DS.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 62