Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 450942 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #510 on: June 10, 2015, 11:15:53 PM »

And again a snippet from Plusnet Forums

Just under 1 million (of the 2.5 million lines on Huawei cabinets) have had the updated profile so far as they can only do 50-60k lines a day.

To be clear though, the profile update only removes the automatic application of upstream interleaving, where a line does not support retransmission in the upstream. It does not disable retransmission on lines that are capable of supporting it on the upstream.

who is correct and who is wrong ?

Who said that and where?  I cant find the post to see who said that, so do you have a link please?

Theres quite a lot of lines that have had it removed from the upstream in the past few weeks -  regardless of the fact that we know their modem can support it on the upstream. 
The official statement was that they were removing automatic application of interleaving from the upstream for lines which cannot support g.inp.

What is unclear atm is if g.inp is being removed if the line can work sufficiently well without it

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #511 on: June 10, 2015, 11:25:26 PM »

Take a look at MDWS

:) Yes indeed Dray the proof is in the MDWS stats this we can see as fact and not hear say  ;)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #512 on: June 10, 2015, 11:33:23 PM »

Answering my own question because I couldnt see it in the g.inp thread and a google search brought up zilch.

Ive found it now.   It was said by AndyH

We already knew that they were approaching the halfway mark and that the initial roll out was at about 45k per day.
As Dray said, the figures on MDWS prove that this is not the case.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #513 on: June 11, 2015, 12:20:12 AM »

What is unclear atm is if g.inp is being removed if the line can work sufficiently well without it

It's just a pity for longer lines g.inp will be removed on the upstream as we need both g.inp DS & US, it won't hurt the shorter lines 79999/20000 when g.inp is removed on their US because i very much doubt there would be any US errored seconds over a 24 hour period.

I suppose there is not point in wallowing over this the deal is done it's out of are hands as usual.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #514 on: June 11, 2015, 08:11:17 AM »

newt why do you need it on the US? as I remember you dont have US issues.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #515 on: June 11, 2015, 10:21:29 AM »

Over the last year I have had odd few months with very large upstream error rates.  My CAB is in a town centre area and I think the DSLAM sometimes get quite a lot of noise interfering with my weak upstream signals reaching it.  That said a big majority of people will be happy with just downstream and much of the time I may also be happy.   My one hope is that  any upstream interleaving is applied gently and so as give some protection to errors but minimum delay.  To me a lot that was wrong with interleaving was the high levels applied.  If Openreach had aimed at just keeping errors levels below 25% of the threshold to introduce interleaving, there would have been a lot less grumbles about the DLM.  25% would I suspect have a more than sufficient margin to prevent too much switching to and fro.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #516 on: June 11, 2015, 12:43:17 PM »

newt why do you need it on the US? as I remember you dont have US issues.

The UStream over the last year or so has become noisier the errored seconds used to be around 10 over a 24H period now it's into the mid seventies and when the phone rings i see very noticable spikes of US ES's.

And those bloody international incoming calls "have you a problem with your computer" no i don't as all i have is a tablet and they end the call abruptly i get 12 calls a day and only 1 or 2 are legitimate and now i am scared to answer the phone just look at the ID on screen.

Code: [Select]
Per second Per minute Per hour  Per day

CRC Up 0 0.07 4.18 100
Down 0 0.24 14.3 344

FEC Up 0 0.08 4.78 115
Down 8.19 492 29499 707966

HEC Up 0 0 0 0
Down 0.04 2.60 156 3747

ES Up 0 0.07 4.18 100
Down 0 0.10 6.27 150

SES Up 0 0 0 0
Down 0 0 0 0

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:21:41 PM by NewtronStar »

mikelj

G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #517 on: June 12, 2015, 10:03:30 AM »

Well, it would appear you can add me to the list of people who've had G.INP removed from US despite my modem/router supporting it (Billion 8800NL). Prior to last night's re-sync, my US was 18+mbps with a SNMR around 3dB with only a couple of US ES a week, now US synced 5mbps less. My US Interleaver Depth has changed from 4 to 1 and INP from 45 to 0.

On top of that, my DS has been banded at 60mbs with a SNRM 9dB for 3+ months despite averaging around 1ES a day with an attainable rate of around 70mbps being reported by my Billion. It gets even worse, as my BT DS profile is around 92% of my sync speed, not 97% (again, has been for months).

Honestly, if there was a credible alternative to BT in my area ...

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #518 on: June 12, 2015, 10:28:53 AM »

what was your US prior to g.inp in first place, it should be compared to that not the g.inp rate.

mikelj

G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #519 on: June 12, 2015, 11:11:29 AM »

what was your US prior to g.inp in first place, it should be compared to that not the g.inp rate.

I think it's probably around the same.

I'm wondering whether I should try to get my DS sorted i.e. a DLM reset (my banded profile was applied following G.INP mk1 and my Draytek modem/HH5A inability to support US), or wait so as to not risk losing G.INP on my DS too.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 05:58:08 PM by mikelj »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #520 on: June 12, 2015, 11:23:37 AM »

I respect this is annoying, as once you have something you dont want to lose it, it will be nagging you that you know your line can do more if openreach activate g.inp.

It does seem openreach got themselves into a mess with g.inp and they had to make a choice between upsetting LOTS of users with eci devices or a few that benefited from g.inp. According to andyh on plusnet forums they have told isp's they have rolled out profiles to keep everyone happy but as we are seeing with the feedback here that is not the case, the reality is they seemed to have changed the default US profile to what it used to be prior to g.inp. I did ask him to tell openreach (as he claims to have high level access) that what they claimed isnt working, but then he came back saying to follow the official route which is to report via the isp (which we all know is ineffective).

I did wonder how the dslam would be intelligent enough to determine compatibility as it seemed odd to me, and indeed what I am seeing now makes more sense.

The proper fix is to allow manual overides, so then the user or isp can manually enable g.inp for those it helps, but this obsession with 100% DLM means they wont do that.

Even more frustrating is the isp's and openreach appear to be deliberately witholding a lot of information from the customers.

I would email joe garner telling him the situation, he will probably give you contact with one of his managers.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:25:45 AM by Chrysalis »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #521 on: June 12, 2015, 12:16:19 PM »

Hang fire.   Ive seen Andy's post this morning in respect of my post last night.   I need to make a long post and why Andy is wrong.  I have to go out & not back till later this eve.... Im already late from reading his posts.. and I dont have time to give a reply that it needs.

There may be some hope for you mikelj, but Im aware Im skim reading so need to digest the facts properly and try and fit info together with info that I have from Openreach too.
-----

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #522 on: June 12, 2015, 02:51:06 PM »

According to andyh on plusnet forums . . .

I am rather surprised that you believe anything from that "source".  ::)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #523 on: June 12, 2015, 03:55:18 PM »

hence the according to.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #524 on: June 12, 2015, 04:05:02 PM »

:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 62