Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 451020 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #465 on: June 05, 2015, 01:14:04 AM »

Here is the issue.

The moment they decided to rollout g.fast has probably also killed vectoring.

From their point of view when g.fast is rolled out and marketed, they want the performance gap between g.fast and vdsl2 to be as big as possible, so users are more likely to upgrade.

The right thing for them to do morally is swap out cabinets to modern equipment  and everyone has g.inp and vectoring.  But the reality will be something different.

There is also the issue of the retail isp's these guys should not be always seen as good guys against evil openreach.  I imagine when the g.inp issues started, the main thing that upset the likes of plusnet was not the fact customers lost performance, but rather their customer support services got overwhelmed and as such their support costs increased.  They have probably told openreach they dont want a repeat and as such openreach will be more passive in terms of modifying vdsl2 services in future.  This also might explain why older openreach services such as adsl never got g.inp or sra, and why of course we have DLM.

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #466 on: June 05, 2015, 05:25:41 AM »

Here is the issue.

The moment they decided to rollout g.fast has probably also killed vectoring.

From their point of view when g.fast is rolled out and marketed, they want the performance gap between g.fast and vdsl2 to be as big as possible, so users are more likely to upgrade.

The right thing for them to do morally is swap out cabinets to modern equipment  and everyone has g.inp and vectoring.  But the reality will be something different.

There is also the issue of the retail isp's these guys should not be always seen as good guys against evil openreach.  I imagine when the g.inp issues started, the main thing that upset the likes of plusnet was not the fact customers lost performance, but rather their customer support services got overwhelmed and as such their support costs increased.  They have probably told openreach they dont want a repeat and as such openreach will be more passive in terms of modifying vdsl2 services in future.  This also might explain why older openreach services such as adsl never got g.inp or sra, and why of course we have DLM.
As for reasons why BT stuck in their rut as far as DLM and allowing ISP's control over line configs go, you are  no doubt correct it's because they want to save on support costs (BT consumer)  could you imagine if they had to employ  trained staff  instead of what the currently have script monkey's it would cost them a lot, put an end to their sainsbury's vouchers and cash backs  and their  brethren Plusnet  giving away  or paying customers to sign up to their broadband

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: VDSL Re-Tx
« Reply #467 on: June 05, 2015, 10:02:10 AM »

I just saw this https://aastatus.net/2127

Update
Wednesday 10:36:31    Apologise for the delay in updating this post. BT have confirmed that all trial lines have been loaded with the new profiles, further to this BT have confirmed that all other affected lines have now had the new profiles loaded. That is all lines across all providers.

Chilled

• Just arrived
« Reply #468 on: June 05, 2015, 10:41:38 AM »

If it's of any interest my line in St Martins running form the Chirk exchange had G.INP turned off for upstream around a week ago while I was away.

We're a Connecting Shropshire Fibre roll out running off the Welsh Chirk exchange that's not had their roll out yet (BT all over Chirk so I assume it's very close now).

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: VDSL Re-Tx
« Reply #469 on: June 05, 2015, 10:54:18 AM »

I just saw this https://aastatus.net/2127

Update
Wednesday 10:36:31    Apologise for the delay in updating this post. BT have confirmed that all trial lines have been loaded with the new profiles, further to this BT have confirmed that all other affected lines have now had the new profiles loaded. That is all lines across all providers.

Thank you Dray - Ive updated the front pages with this info.

Its interesting that they imply that the fix has been rolled out to all Huawei cabs.   Yet there are some lines such as BaldEagle's which still has G.INP applied on the upstream.  ???
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #470 on: June 05, 2015, 11:06:26 AM »

Yet there are some lines such as BaldEagle's which still has G.INP applied on the upstream.

Yes, mine too.
  Eric

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #471 on: June 05, 2015, 12:14:06 PM »

I still seem to have it upstream too. I hope they don't remove it because it's improving my upstream.

Ragnarok

« Reply #472 on: June 05, 2015, 01:14:26 PM »

I thought the fix was for modems like ECI/lantiq that can only do G.INP 1 way currently. A Profile that didn't interleave by default the upstream on a modem that doesn't do upstream G.inp or a profile that doesn't interleave by default when G.inp isn't supported at all.

BCM <> BCM equipment should be able handle it both ways no problem, So why change that when it works. Surly BT Openreach where never going to bork something that was running great.

Does make me wonder though, I mean could they have got this much more wrong?

Al1264

« Reply #473 on: June 05, 2015, 01:51:36 PM »

Surly BT Openreach where never going to bork something that was running great.
We'd hope!
Plusnet - FTTC - AVM Fritz!Box 7490

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #474 on: June 05, 2015, 02:17:31 PM »

Well if it has anything to do with Neil Mcrea nothing would surprise me, he really thinks he is someone don't he?, Bt those at the top who are responsible quite possibly don't know their arse from their elbow, so no wonder their plans go breasts skywards basic common sense and logic got thrown out of the window a long time ago

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #475 on: June 05, 2015, 03:12:52 PM »

you guys still have it as no DLM action has been taken on your lines.

Unless they forcefully push out the new DLM changes then you configurations will remain the same.

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #476 on: June 05, 2015, 03:24:40 PM »

It was pushed to my connection and it hadn't had any dlm action since it got fully g.inped,

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #477 on: June 05, 2015, 05:29:06 PM »

Unless they forcefully push out the new DLM changes then you configurations will remain the same.

And what about the guys who are on a huawei cabs and are still waiting for G.INP to be enable on their lines and if statement is correct  :-\ saying that BT have confirmed that all other affected lines have now had the new profiles loaded. That is all lines across all providers.

As when i look at MDWS there is about 10 or so users awaing G.INP  ???
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:41:39 PM by NewtronStar »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #478 on: June 06, 2015, 12:25:08 AM »

I'm also aware some that people may be reading this thread just wanting updates on the current situation and may not understand linestats and secondly because this thread has also become very long, Ive split off any MK2 G.INP stats into its own thread which can be viewed here

A quick summary:

Most people so far on the Huawei cabs appear just to have seen G.INP switched off for the upstream.  This may cause a small loss of upstream speed.
We have seen a few weird cases and at the present time it is unclear if additional DLM action has been taken for other reasons. 

Some users have seen Interleaving removed, but Error Correction is still applied to a greater extent - It may be that this is part of the 'HomeHub5A/ECI fix' as HG612 modems on the whole mostly appear to have gone back where they were pre-INP for the upstream.  More stats need to be closely looked at before we can draw any definite conclusions.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

lemzip

« Reply #479 on: June 06, 2015, 08:51:54 AM »

And what about the guys who are on a huawei cabs and are still waiting for G.INP to be enable on their lines and if statement is correct  :-\ saying that BT have confirmed that all other affected lines have now had the new profiles loaded. That is all lines across all providers.

As when i look at MDWS there is about 10 or so users awaing G.INP  ???

I can confirm that I still do not have any G.INP on my line at all. No bearer 1 on the Sky Hub 102 that is compatible. We are aware of a pattern that occured ie:

Line fault after BT noticed the G.INP issue..once repaired no G.INP was ever rolled out to these lines. I never got G.INP (new line in March) but some users who did pre issue now had it turned off post issue.

How it will affect me i have no idea as my line is good however i am wary of what lines around mine are doing getting G.INP and what affect it will have on me.

I hope BT dont forget about all of us!

Stats:

Connection Speed   39998 kbps   9999 kbps
Line Attenuation           16.7 dB   0.0 dB
Noise Margin      26.3 dB   25.25 dB
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 62

anything