Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 451045 times)

andy265

Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #420 on: May 27, 2015, 11:43:03 PM »

Wwhen you say Ginp on the downstream is that to the end user - e.g the 80 bit of the 80/20 connection?

There was talk the ECI cabs could only do Gimp in one direction - at least if it the end users download that makes more sense than the end users upload.
That's right, on the 80Mb bit, my download. I was on the trial as I have/had an ECI modem on a Huawei cabinet and my latency went right up when G.INP was first introduced. It seems this has been 'fixed' by removing interleaving and G.INP from the upstream.

I'm now going to leave the Billion connected so I can upload stats and see if G.INP is renabled on the upstream once a modem that supports it is connected.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #421 on: May 27, 2015, 11:54:09 PM »

But they are counted separately.   The upstream and downstream are configured independently.

But the MTBE threshold will be much lower on the upstream than it is on the downstream

No its not - its exactly the same.   They are just counted and configured independently of each other.
If your MTBE for the upstream = 30 (or 60 for standard) then you go red and the DLM makes a change to the upstream only.
Theres no reason for it to be lower for the upstream.   An error is an error and once you are getting more than 'x' then the DLM will take appropriate action.   Thats why they use MTBE for the calculation rather than 'x' per day.

and don't know how the DLM reacts when the US errored second has reached it's limit

Then it applies changes to the upstream only - as long as the downstream hasnt also reached its limit.

As proof of this you only have to look at my own line last October when I had some sort of line fault that affected only my upstream.    My upstream MTBE was less than 30 and so the ILQ went red the DLM applied Interleaving the next day.   My downstream was completely untouched.  It went through the same changes & process as it would if the problem was on downstream.   First it applied Interleaving (& error correction) , then it changed level of INP (which in turn increased the depth of interleaving & ErrCorrection) , then it banded the sync.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #422 on: May 28, 2015, 12:09:31 AM »

I'm now going to leave the Billion connected so I can upload stats and see if G.INP is renabled on the upstream once a modem that supports it is connected.

Thank you :)  Although I suspect it may not.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #423 on: May 28, 2015, 12:11:14 AM »

Yes Kitz it's a bit like getting results on a general election from an election poll we will not know the final result until all the votes are counted but we shall get some idea once we have past the 70% mark.

The difference this time with the Huawei MK2 rollout most MDWS users have had G.INP inplemented on their line since late march, it's going to be harder this time to see any big changes during the rollout apart from myself and another as X G.INP users  >:(
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 12:16:33 AM by NewtronStar »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #424 on: May 28, 2015, 01:28:27 AM »

FWIW, I'm currently adding an email alert facility to HG612 Modem Stats.

Although never previously used for anything in publicly released updates, a program named Blat.exe already resides in the Apps folder.

It will optionally email users something on these lines:-

Code: [Select]
Hi Bald_Eagle1,

This email is to alert you that the connection resynced at hh:mm:ss.

Current Stats               Previous Stats
                   =============               ==============
Downstream Sync      21432Kbps                    22399Kbps
Upstream Sync         5000Kbps                     5000Kbps
Bearer 0 DS INP       47.00                        47.00
Bearer 0 US INP       46.00                        46.00

Please see the attached xlogfile.txt file for ALL the current stats

Regards,

The HG612 Modem Stats Team

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #425 on: May 28, 2015, 01:34:06 AM »

Interesting - thanks BE
-----

andy265

« Reply #426 on: May 29, 2015, 01:56:53 PM »

Thank you :)  Although I suspect it may not.

Looks like you are right, there was a resync caused by me upgrading the billion's firmware this morning, other than that, no change so far.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #427 on: May 29, 2015, 06:45:39 PM »

Looks like you are right, there was a resync caused by me upgrading the billion's firmware this morning, other than that, no change so far.

It's seems it not unusual for some lines to have G.INP removed on the upstream, had a wee look into MDWS and some users have the same as yourself and that was on the 1st rollout of G.INP before it was halted pre 26th of May.

blue166

« Reply #428 on: May 29, 2015, 07:42:38 PM »

I can't remember if I have asked this but can someone please answer.

Is there any point in me buying a HG612 3B? I am currently on an ECI cab with an ECI modem. Will having a HG612 do anything for me if they ever enable G.INP? Or is the ECI cab no better than the modem?

Thanks,

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #429 on: May 29, 2015, 08:00:14 PM »

Is there any point in me buying a HG612 3B? I am currently on an ECI cab with an ECI modem. Will having a HG612 do anything for me if they ever enable G.INP? Or is the ECI cab no better than the modem?

Thanks,

No there is pointing in buying the HG612 3B, that was a fix when using an ECI modem on the Huawie cab to enable the full G.INP profile which has now started again.

I am sure you are aware that G.INP has not been implemented on the ECI cabinet at the moment so any change of VDSL2 modem be it ECI or HG612 will not enable G.INP on your line.

blue166

« Reply #430 on: May 29, 2015, 08:06:51 PM »

Thanks,

No there is pointing in buying the HG612 3B, that was a fix when using an ECI modem on the Huawie cab to enable the full G.INP profile which has now started again.

I am sure you are aware that G.INP has not been implemented on the ECI cabinet at the moment so any change of VDSL2 modem be it ECI or HG612 will not enable G.INP on your line.

Thank you.

I understand that the ECI currently doesn't offer G.INP - But in the event they were to enable it anytime in the future would it be pointless having a HG612?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #431 on: May 29, 2015, 08:56:56 PM »

We dont know yet exactly what is happening with the ECI's.  The most we know for certain,  is that the situation is up for review when BT finish the Huawei changes.  In also still awaiting confirmation on Upstream.   At least with the HG612 you can get line stats.
-----

blue166

« Reply #432 on: May 29, 2015, 10:36:51 PM »

We dont know yet exactly what is happening with the ECI's.  The most we know for certain,  is that the situation is up for review when BT finish the Huawei changes.  In also still awaiting confirmation on Upstream.   At least with the HG612 you can get line stats.

No worries,

Was just debating about buying one and keeping in stock along with my spare ECI.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #433 on: May 30, 2015, 12:13:15 AM »

If your still impatient for the MK2 G.INP rollout on Huawei cabinets this is only day 4 and looking back to the start of this thread each day 45000 customers will be enabled if you take the larger 288 cabinet for example that works out as 156 cabs per day, so on the forth day thats 625 cabinets with the MK2 G.INP rollout completed.

it kind of makes me wonder how they start the rollout as we know are exchanges has a four digit alphabetic code so they must start on A first and Z last  :-\

KIAB

• Reg Member
« Reply #434 on: May 30, 2015, 07:36:55 AM »

It kind of makes me wonder how they start the rollout as we know are exchanges has a four digit alphabetic code so they must start on A first and Z last  :-\

:( :( :(

Long wait, my exchange is 'SSKMD' Kingsmead, Bath.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 62