Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 451038 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #300 on: May 16, 2015, 09:30:53 PM »

I am always on the belief one should go for as high uptime as possible, so I think you doing yourself no favours with the swapping in and out, I suggest to leave it alone now.

As long as you leave a 30 minute power off state before turning on the modem and wait another 30 minutes before powering it off the modem there will be no DLM damage done on the line and if you have done it correctly you will always see a retrain reason 0

Anyway I knew how my line was going to go after G.INP was removed there has been an increase of shine in this area so the result was going to a DS interleave line.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 09:34:56 PM by NewtronStar »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #301 on: May 16, 2015, 10:00:29 PM »

What would be good if the end-users could call up their ISP and say we have lost downstream sync and increased errored seconds and higher pings because G.INP was removed or their line will perform much better when G.INP is activated on there line.  ;)

I'll be doing this first thing monday morning

atsw

• Just arrived
« Reply #302 on: May 16, 2015, 11:20:47 PM »

I just won a HG612 at a fair price so will see if that resolves the issue.

My HG612 is a model 3B. I don't know if this is important. What certainly is important is that you must upgrade the firmware to version B030SP08. Just replacing an ECI device with a HG6212 with old firmware wont make any difference.

Andrew

currytop

• Reg Member
« Reply #303 on: May 16, 2015, 11:29:03 PM »

My HG612 is a model 3B.

Yes thanks, I checked before bidding that it's a 3B and I have the firmware ready & waiting.

Steve

« Reply #304 on: May 17, 2015, 05:32:15 PM »

We had a loss of sync at around 02:20 on 15 May. Cabinet is ECI, router is Sky SR102. Latency is higher by a couple of ms (20% in absolute terms).

That's four loss of sync this year - one was Sky flashing the router, the rest have been BT turning g.INP on/off/god knows now in the early hours. Prior to that the line was up for just over 6 months.

Can you imagine what's going to happen if BT ever try to turn on vectoring?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #305 on: May 17, 2015, 06:11:38 PM »

Chaos will happen but they and the isp's will be silent and pretend all is normal.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #306 on: May 17, 2015, 09:47:04 PM »

We had a loss of sync at around 02:20 on 15 May. Cabinet is ECI, router is Sky SR102. Latency is higher by a couple of ms (20% in absolute terms).

That's four loss of sync this year - one was Sky flashing the router, the rest have been BT turning g.INP on/off/god knows now in the early hours. Prior to that the line was up for just over 6 months.

Youre on an ECI cab and have G.INP?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

« Reply #307 on: May 18, 2015, 06:15:15 PM »

No idea at all now kitz :)

From mid 2014 until January 2015 there were no LOS or router resets. In January Sky flashed the (SR102) router specifically to deal with the g.INP rollout (it was already fully compliant with g.INP specs but as we've seen the BT side wasn't) - I'm 110% sure on the f/w update reason BTW.

Since then there have been four LOS during the wee small hours - all of which have been remotely initiated (I can tell that much from syslog output). These LOS are not being triggered by DLM (they last several minutes - longest is 14 minutes) so I can only assume BT are flashing/updating the ECI DSLAM. It certainly isn't any sort of physical maintenance (CCTV from the shop across the road shows that).

I think (honestly) we can give up on any hope of vectoring in the UK inside the next 3 years - BT are incompetent in comparison to even morons like Telefonica (and you know my opinion on them kitz) - and g.Fast is a pipedream for the UK.

Openreach needs to be removed from BT control ASAP but that isn't going to happen while Theresa May is hot to trot for a UK equivalent of the great firewall.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #308 on: May 18, 2015, 06:49:21 PM »

I've seen others reporting similar things on Sky http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/sky/f/4408243-sky-down.html

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #309 on: May 18, 2015, 07:35:10 PM »

Certainly after the cockup they made of g.inp they wont be keen on vectoring now.

How they can make such a hash of g.inp I dont know, its years old tech.

simoncraddock

• Reg Member
« Reply #310 on: May 18, 2015, 10:56:35 PM »

The trouble with BT is they don't always follow the tried and tested paths, preferring to experiment and add their own twist on standards which doesn't always help things along when technology moves on.

Fritzbox 7490 l Plusnet FTTC

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2015, 01:59:37 AM »

yep

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2015, 09:28:02 PM »

Im hoping to get permission to officially quote something, but for now, if you are on an ECI cab then, just take my word that it won't have been anything to do with G.INP.*

Im on an ECI cab and the only downtime/disturbances Ive seen were related to MSE bRAS backhaul changes.   Most of that work was done late last year, but there are still the odd routing changes going on. 

*barring a couple of test cabs
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #313 on: May 20, 2015, 04:16:12 PM »

I had an outage yesterday where the net just died for about a minute, but oddly I had no loss of sync or loss of ppp session.

So was probably some kind of backhaul/transit issue.

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #314 on: May 22, 2015, 11:39:03 AM »

Posted on the BT Community Forum by one of the Mods this morning.

"Thank you for your continued patience.  As you know Openreach recently carried out a trial to address the reports on this thread with regards to G.INP.  Openreach are very happy with the results of the trail and after some consultation they have now decided to roll this fix out across the network.

The repair is due to roll out for all relevant customers within the next few weeks, but unfortunately we are not able to put anyone to the head of the queue

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed on this thread and for the patience you have shown."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 62

anything