Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 450938 times)

blue166

Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #270 on: May 01, 2015, 01:10:59 AM »

we know the hg612 supports g.inp, what about vectoring for that modem?

But if you are connected to an ECI cab like me then there is no point buying another modem as the cabinet is a limitation anyway in regards to G.INP?

Blue166 your lookin for an answer regarding what will happen if g.inp is enabled and what if it's not enabled, I think you want it but are peed off because you can have it at the moment is that correct ?

I would be peed of to if i was in your shoes ! you would like G.INP enabled on your line but for some reason it's not within your reach, look at the moment on your ECI cabinet your better of without it until oprenreach finds away for both ECI cab and ECI modem to work in both directions using G.INP but it's not there yet.

You can keep on posting what will happen and what if ? the answer is we just don't know, I sound like the late Sir Patrick Moore but a least he was honest when faced with a difficult question.

I guess you are right. It would be nice from the point of view that really we should not be faced with Huawei equipment which works with G.INP vs ECI which doesn't. You are right, I am better off without it enabled and it is down to Openreach to make sure they do not create a divide within there own network.

So it is left with them to work on a fix. I guess only time will tell.

MartinW

• Arcade Tech Adventures
« Reply #271 on: May 02, 2015, 10:47:59 AM »

Well, this is interesting. Last night was the 2nd overnight since I replaced the ECI modem with the unlocked HG612 and we had a resync / reset.

I can't cut and paste the stats because DSLStats is now running on a raspberry pi and I don't have any spare ports on my router for the line2 connection so it's a private IP only, BUT...

G.INP has been re-applied. My Interleaving has gone down from 1100+ to 16 and bearer 1 has appeared. In addition to this the speeds have now resync'd at 20Mb up, 74Mb down. Not quite back to the 80/20 that it was before G.INP was applied but we're not far off. I do wonder if I may see further resets in the coming days that might gradually get it back up again? Who knows.

In addition, I'm thinking that the firmware may have been updated on the router. I need to go and check. I'm sure I had killed the BTAgent (need to telnet in and check that too) but my Zen portal is telling me exact sync speeds like 73919 and the modem stats are rounding them up to 74000. That seems new to me.

Will double check that last bit.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #272 on: May 03, 2015, 01:26:25 PM »

Not quite back to the 80/20 that it was before G.INP was applied but we're not far off.

One thing I have noticed a lot of is that most lines don't appear to be able to get as much upstream as previous.  Eg speedtest even after swapping to a compatible modem will show a slightly slower upstream throughput ie 17.5Mb compared to the previous 18.5 Mbps.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

ip75

« Reply #273 on: May 03, 2015, 03:25:23 PM »

Could this be because those lines are generally swapping to Huawei modems? I couldn't get upstream beyond 17.5Mbps until I disabled QoS on the HG612.

MartinW

• Arcade Tech Adventures
« Reply #274 on: May 03, 2015, 04:04:56 PM »

I need to log into it at some point and check the settings but it's in bridge mode so I think QOS should be disabled?

To be honest, I don't go by speed test tools. I go by real world tests. I usually go to Apple Developer site and download Xcode or something like that. Or Microsoft, or Steam. I'm sustaining about 8.4MB/s using that method and although my line sync speed may be lower than it used to be, in real world terms I'm pretty much up where I was. I'd get a bit higher than that sometimes but not by much at all.

Ping to bbc is 11 or 12. So I'm loathe to mess about too much as that's pretty reasonable for gaming (which I do a lot of)

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #275 on: May 03, 2015, 04:13:49 PM »

The Huawei HG612 for me gives a slightly lower us throughput than  the ECI modem did, qos and firewall are disabled , and all the cabs around here that where installed from summer 2012 onwards seem to be huawei mainly the 288 line cabs

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #276 on: May 03, 2015, 04:17:06 PM »

Could this be because those lines are generally swapping to Huawei modems? I couldn't get upstream beyond 17.5Mbps until I disabled QoS on the HG612.

Im not sure since Im not using a HG612 so cant check.   But it is a valid point worth trying.   
I also recall reading something about memory being a limitation.  If the modem is doing the upstream reTx then the modem is going to be working hard storing retx data whether its used or not.. and could possibly affect throughput.?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

MartinW

• Arcade Tech Adventures
« Reply #277 on: May 04, 2015, 11:00:39 AM »

Bingo!

As I hoped it might, 4 nights in to the HG612 modem and my line has seen another re-sync that has brought me back to 80/20. Well, technically, 79912 / 19978. I haven't logged into the modem yet to see what interleave is showing now but my ping rate is still around 12 or 13. I'm guessing the modem will be showing rounded up figures again and so will show literally 80000/20000.

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #278 on: May 08, 2015, 09:58:19 PM »

As a suffering ECI cabinet user I am wondering if there has been any news regarding getting G.INP working on ECI cabinets and rollout?

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #279 on: May 08, 2015, 10:01:48 PM »

Openreach will be conducting a small trial to remove the automatic application of interleaving in the upstream when the infrastructure doesn't support Retransmission in the upstream. This trial is due to begin on Monday 11th May 2015

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #280 on: May 09, 2015, 06:08:50 AM »

I think that trial is not on ECI cabinets tho.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #281 on: May 09, 2015, 09:05:03 AM »

Maybe. Details are a bit scant https://aastatus.net/2127

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #282 on: May 09, 2015, 11:12:44 AM »

yeah thats the same trial where they were asking for users with ECI modems to volunteer.

currytop

• Reg Member
« Reply #283 on: May 14, 2015, 07:10:17 PM »

Sadly I was too late to apply for the trial at AAISP. I was originally supplied an ECI modem but am on a Huawei cabinet.

I had regraded to FTTC in the 2nd week of March and saw a longish period of a couple of weeks on fastpath with 9/10mS pings. The service is capped at 40Mbps and sync was 37 DS & 9.4US with attainable of 42.5 & 11.5. Nothing changed and there were no disconnects until sometime in April when I noticed US had dropped to 7.3 but ping times increased to 40-50mS and both have stayed there ever since. Interestingly attainable rates have jumped to 45/46Mbps DS. The situation has been compounded by severe congestion within BT which AA have been good at getting resolved, but now I'm left with high latency caused by interleaving. I'm guessing it may be to do with G.INP being enabled on the cabinet sometime during April but I was out of town for a few weeks then so can't pin down exactly when it happened. I've been pipped at the post with buying a couple of HG612 and before deciding what to do wondered if anyone has heard about any early results from the AA trials?

Steve

MikeZ

« Reply #284 on: May 14, 2015, 07:18:37 PM »

Sadly I was too late to apply for the trial at AAISP. I was originally supplied an ECI modem but am on a Huawei cabinet.

AAISP are now supplying the Zyxel VMG1312 which supports G.INP. I wonder if they would swap your Technicolor for one? It's a VDSL router so you could replace the ECI modem.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 62