Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 452847 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2015, 11:18:26 PM »

Your line is connected through an ECI equipped cabinet, yet in the same general area Bald_Eagle1's line is connected through a Huawei equipped cabinet. Are you both connected back to the same exchange, Oldham?

I think Bald_Eagle1 is directly connected to Oldham's exchange(?) and I'm on the local exchange, SHAW.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

MikeZ

« Reply #211 on: April 28, 2015, 08:49:51 AM »

Unfortunately no change overnight, so it does look like this is nothing to do with G.INP.

It appears that the 3 hour downtime last week was due to an "exchange fault preventing stable synchronisation" (no more detail available), so I assume that this has caused the high interleaving. I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see if makes any adjustments in the next few days/weeks.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #212 on: April 28, 2015, 08:59:30 AM »

Your line is connected through an ECI equipped cabinet, yet in the same general area Bald_Eagle1's line is connected through a Huawei equipped cabinet. Are you both connected back to the same exchange, Oldham?

I think Bald_Eagle1 is directly connected to Oldham's exchange(?) and I'm on the local exchange, SHAW.

Good old Shaw ........... always used to be tagged to the Rochdale patch until one of the many, many re-orgs we have ......... which then saw it move under the Oldham patch. Been there often in the past.  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #213 on: April 28, 2015, 12:28:44 PM »

Just a note that exchanges (by this I mean local exchanges and fibre terminating exchanges) can have a mix of both.  Im on an ECI cab, yet if I walk just 200m the other way there's a Huawei 96.   In the immediate area there is a good mix of all three types of cab.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

blue166

« Reply #214 on: April 28, 2015, 05:04:38 PM »

Can I ask exactly where I and others stand who are on an ECI cab with an ECI modem?

I will be quite blunt about this. If OpenReach so much as dish out something that makes my broadband worse I will be right back to Virgin Media and ditching BT Infinity.

So what exactly will OpenReach be doing to ensure us ECI cab and Modem users do not get penalised.

I am very angry with OpenReach regarding this matter and not doing there homework earlier in regards to ECI equipment.

Like you Kitz I am on an ECI cab, yet 100mtrs the other way is a huge Huawei double size.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2015, 05:35:16 PM »

I have asked similar questions myself because its not looking good for the ECI's atm.   
Ive been promised a response from their Chief Engineer @ Network Strategy but have told it will be at the earliest next week as he is out of the office atm.   As soon as I know whats going on I will update.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2015, 05:56:55 PM »

I think Bald_Eagle1 is directly connected to Oldham's exchange

Indeed I am, but my FTTC cabinet is around 4.2 km from the Oldham exchange & I'm another 1.1km further than the cabinet.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 06:00:35 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

blue166

« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2015, 06:20:10 PM »

I have asked similar questions myself because its not looking good for the ECI's atm.   
Ive been promised a response from their Chief Engineer @ Network Strategy but have told it will be at the earliest next week as he is out of the office atm.   As soon as I know whats going on I will update.

I can safely say since I have had FTTC - BT Infinity (Feb 13') it has been the best Broadband I have ever had. Before I was on VM which was over utilized on my segment.

Latency and speeds have been very good so far (touch wood).

I would be gutted for OpenReach to deploy a profile that screws with my internet. If they do then I guess I am off. But that is not what I want. But if my hand is forced..

I will also contact BT direct and tell them I am out if they deploy a system that causes more problems then good (on ECI equipment).

This really annoys me! - As I am sure you can see ;)

BTW do you happen to have a contact at OR I can e-mail to mention my concerns and someone at BT wholesale?

Thanks,

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2015, 06:26:38 PM »

I don't see a problem as you're on an ECI cab with an ECI modem

blue166

« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2015, 06:41:42 PM »

I don't see a problem as you're on an ECI cab with an ECI modem

But everything I am hearing/reading suggests that ECI equipment within the cabs along with ECI modems are not able to cope with G.INP.

So surely I do have reason for concern?

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2015, 06:54:02 PM »

I can safely say since I have had FTTC - BT Infinity (Feb 13') it has been the best Broadband I have ever had. Before I was on VM which was over utilized on my segment.

Latency and speeds have been very good so far (touch wood).

I would be gutted for OpenReach to deploy a profile that screws with my internet. If they do then I guess I am off. But that is not what I want. But if my hand is forced..

I will also contact BT direct and tell them I am out if they deploy a system that causes more problems then good (on ECI equipment).

This really annoys me! - As I am sure you can see ;)

BTW do you happen to have a contact at OR I can e-mail to mention my concerns and someone at BT wholesale?

Thanks,

Woah blue, you've got a circuit you seem very happy with ..... you don't need to go shaking your fist at BTOR just yet.
There's been issues with the rollout of G.INP on ECI, so .... they've stopped it until they find a fix.

That's it for now, no secret agenda to screw EU's over, no covert deployment of sub-standard systems ....... just a glitch that they are trying to overcome. Count to ten, bud ....... it's only broadband.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2015, 07:43:29 PM »

This is kind of worrying when end-users are throwing up there heads and demanding they don't want G.INP on there ECI cabinet and are happy to stay on the older fastpath profile  :(

I could give many reasons why G.INP is better for the EU -> no more regular DLM intervention, very little errored seconds for noisy lines, better latency for longer lines and a small increase in sync and so on.

All i am going to say to the short line fastpath users you need not be scared of G.INP and when the issue is fixed you will never look back  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2015, 09:35:48 PM »

This is very worrying for users on ECI cabs.

Quote from: BT Openreach
Retransmission can operate in both downstream and upstream channels simultaneously, although ECI equipment (either modems or DSLAMS) doesn’t currently support upstream retransmission.

If the DSLAM cant support upstream reTX then IMHO it is a cause for concern.   DSLAM upstream is downstream for the EU's!   

You think those on a Huawei cab using an ECI modem is bad.   That is nothing compared to ECI modem users on an ECI cab who are going to be hit both ways.   As it stands atm no-one on an ECI cab is going to be able to get 80/20 because the IFTN chipset cant cope with G.INP.  So the likes of me and chrys and numerous others regardless or not if they are using g.inp compatible routers will be hit....  and that is why the rollout has been stopped for ECI cabs and why Im not happy and why I've taken it up with Openreach direct... and why I'm calling the IFTN chipsets in the ECI linecards a piece of p00.  :thumbdown: 
Just imagine the crap that would have hit the fan if they'd continued.   I cannot believe for one minute that this has been tested properly - either that or Openreach think we are all dumb and wouldnt notice 80Mbps connections losing 10Mbps of their sync.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2015, 09:56:23 PM »

As it stands atm no-one on an ECI cab is going to be able to get 80/20 because the IFTN chipset cant cope with G.INP.

Oh dear Kitz then it's a lack of hardware support i was afraid of that on both ECI cabinet and ECI modem god i hope your wrong  :fingers:

and if your right then openreach is going have to pull the whole g.inp project from both eci and huawie cab as that would be disscrimation and we are all back to the bad old days of DLM errored seconds and so forth.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:09:53 PM by NewtronStar »

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2015, 10:05:15 PM »

Quote from: kitz
Just imagine the crap that would have hit the fan if they'd continued.   I cannot believe for one minute that this has been tested properly

Haven't they been "testing" for 2 years though?  They need to use end users that have some technical know how - this should have been noticed in week one of testing!

Annoyed I am on an ECI cabinet, annoyed it took them half a decade to eventually enable the cab and even more annoyed that without Ginp/vectoring my FTTC speed will be no faster than ADSL2+ after starting at 80/20 with all the crosstalk issues.

I hope BTOR have some good news even if it is to send back the ECI cabs and get something that works!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62

anything