Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 449948 times)

MikeZ

Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2015, 05:21:01 PM »

Hello, I've been reading this thread with interest as I believe that I've been affected by G.INP being enabled on my cabinet. One day last week my line went down between approximately 2 am and 6am. The next day I resynced with greatly increased latency and a significant drop in both DS and US speed. I have an ECI modem and believe that I'm on an ECI cabinet:

ChipSet Vendor Id:      IFTN:0xb204
ChipSet VersionNumber:  0xb204
ChipSet SerialNumber:   5501917519

I've managed to get hold of an HG612 (with G.INP firmware) which I've installed and started uploading stats to MDWS (user MikeZ). I'm hoping that things will now return to normal in the next couple of days.

I'd had a stable fastpath connection for a couple of years until this happened.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #196 on: April 27, 2015, 06:31:59 PM »

*sigh* You got to love people on eBay that don't use a picture of the actual item they're selling! 1 ECI rev.R modem arrived. Will be shoved in the bottom of the drawer as a spare. I might mail the seller and point out they haven't sent me the item in the auction but other than that it's not worth the grief or the cost of sending it back.

[EDIT] Bah, not in the mood for messing about - just did a BIN for one that specifically says it's an unlocked Huawei - not that I'm desperately interested in the unlock, it's the compatibility I'm after.

There is a guy on ebay called letocetum whose selling an HG612 3B modem for £60. He's been pretty good when I've bought stuff from him in the past.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #197 on: April 27, 2015, 06:32:19 PM »

Hello Mike, welcome to the Kitz forum.

Quote from: MikeZ

The Infineon chipset definitely confirms an ECI equipped cabinet.

I'm not too sure if you mean that you experienced an approximate four hour outage of service or that there was a somewhat shorter outage, somewhere within the 0200 - 0600 hours time-frame?  ???

Certainly the facts, as you have described, do seem to fit the application of G.INP on your circuit.

The questions have to be asked -- Which exchange? And which cabinet number, please?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #198 on: April 27, 2015, 06:43:42 PM »

I wonder if this confirms that G.INP is now being tested on ECI cabinet's.

*waits for my modem to disconnect and reconnect.. I'm not sure if I should be wishing for G.INP or not lol
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

ip75

« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2015, 06:50:04 PM »

The stats on MDWS suggest it's regular interleaving that's been applied, not G.INP.  :(

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2015, 06:53:14 PM »

I wonder if this confirms that G.INP is now being tested on ECI cabinet's.

*waits for my modem to disconnect and reconnect.. I'm not sure if I should be wishing for G.INP or not lol

Your line is connected through an ECI equipped cabinet, yet in the same general area Bald_Eagle1's line is connected through a Huawei equipped cabinet. Are you both connected back to the same exchange, Oldham?

MikeZ

« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2015, 07:07:31 PM »

Hello Mike, welcome to the Kitz forum.

Quote from: MikeZ

The Infineon chipset definitely confirms an ECI equipped cabinet.

I'm not too sure if you mean that you experienced an approximate four hour outage of service or that there was a somewhat shorter outage, somewhere within the 0200 - 0600 hours time-frame?  ???

Certainly the facts, as you have described, do seem to fit the application of G.INP on your circuit.

The questions have to be asked -- Which exchange? And which cabinet number, please?

Thanks for the welcome  :)

It's Hardingstone exchange, cabinet 58. The line went down for approximately 3.5 hours the day before the resync.

MikeZ

« Reply #202 on: April 27, 2015, 07:09:43 PM »

The stats on MDWS suggest it's regular interleaving that's been applied, not G.INP.  :(

Yes, but is this not a symptom of a modem that doesn't support G.INP? A posting by kitz on page 1 of this topic says

"Any lines which are connected using an non-compatible g.inp modem/router appear to default to a DLM profile that applies fairly heavy interleaving and error correction overheads."

I'm hoping that now I've got a modem that supports G.INP, the DLM will return to normal.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:14:20 PM by MikeZ »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2015, 07:47:58 PM »

"Any lines which are connected using an non-compatible g.inp modem/router appear to default to a DLM profile that applies fairly heavy interleaving and error correction overheads."

I'm hoping that now I've got a modem that supports G.INP, the DLM will return to normal.

That info is for a users you has an incompatible modem on a Huawei cabinet you are on a ECI cabinet and as far as we know G.INP has not been enabled on any ECI cabs.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:50:22 PM by NewtronStar »

ip75

« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2015, 08:01:07 PM »

Right. I'm not sure about this. In the past I think connecting a Huawei modem has resolved the delay immediately, but I'm not sure if that's always the case.

MikeZ

« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2015, 08:06:07 PM »

Right. I'm not sure about this. In the past I think connecting a Huawei modem has resolved the delay immediately, but I'm not sure if that's always the case.

A couple of users on TBB had it happen in the early hours of the next day, as did somebody on here in one of the other threads, so fingers crossed...

MikeZ

« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2015, 08:45:46 PM »

That info is for a users you has an incompatible modem on a Huawei cabinet you are on a ECI cabinet and as far as we know G.INP has not been enabled on any ECI cabs.

As far as we know. I'll see what happens in the next couple of days...

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2015, 09:02:03 PM »

afaik, the ECI rollout has been suspended and NOT restarted. 
Im awaiting some more info from Openreach's Chief Engineer, but atm I am not aware of any ECI cabs (other than say the Martlesham etcs) being G.inp enabled.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2015, 09:03:57 PM »

the ebay seller may not have intended to scam but instead was lazy and just grabbed someone else's image to use for his advert, this was a common problem with xbox360's there is a slim model and a S model (S is inferior), on ebay many big established companies were selling the S model labeling it as a slim and even using a slim picture when they were S models.  It wouldnt surprise me if they still are.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2015, 09:40:52 PM »

. . . I am not aware of any ECI cabs (other than say the Martlesham etcs) being G.inp enabled.

Which was the reason behind my request for the particular exchange in question.  :)

Hardingstone (EMHARDI), in the East Midlands, is bit too far away from Martlesham Heath.  ;)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62

anything