Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 450065 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2015, 06:03:45 PM »

FWIW, I received an automated email from MDWS at 08:13 today to confirm that another user had G.INP activated on his connection.

I also received another email at 09:23 to confirm that a different user had G.INP disabled.

I don't know much about the first user, but the second user does occasionally swap modems, which could be the cause of G.INP being disabled.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2015, 06:47:49 PM »

disabled as in fast path or disabled as in change to normal interleaving?

BE is it possible to add to MDWS that us normal users can get these notifications?

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2015, 07:02:53 PM »

I also received another email at 09:23 to confirm that a different user had G.INP disabled.

It would be of great interest to know the sequence of events before G.INP was disabled.
I  lost G.INP as a consequence of a DLM Reset being performed on my line.
(G.INP was there before and gone after the reset)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2015, 08:24:38 PM »

disabled as in fast path or disabled as in change to normal interleaving?

It appears that it was disabled & returned to 'normal' interleaving (see the attached graphs).

BE is it possible to add to MDWS that us normal users can get these notifications?

You'd have to ask tbailey2 about that as MDWS is his project.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2015, 08:27:58 PM »

It would be of great interest to know the sequence of events before G.INP was disabled.

Unfortunately I don't have that information.
I simply get notified when users have G.INP enabled or disabled.

The point I was making was that perhaps the G.INP rollout hasn't actually been completely suspended.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2015, 08:34:32 PM »

One other thing that I have only just spotted is that the user with G.INP enabled today appears to be connected to an ECI DSLAM.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2015, 09:02:39 PM »

Ooo that's interesting :)

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2015, 09:08:55 PM »

Oh hang on, er...  :-\

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2015, 09:15:49 PM »

BE which user?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2015, 09:19:48 PM »

Unfortunately I don't have that information.
I simply get notified when users have G.INP enabled or disabled.

The point I was making was that perhaps the G.INP rollout hasn't actually been completely suspended.

The ones Ive seen I cant seem to see any pattern, because it comes and goes, perhaps change of router, or new MDWS subscriber.   Aardvarks line is the only one Ive seen so far which is odd.

The new one this morning to me looks like another newly subscribed member to MDWS (no previous stats) ..  and if its the same one that Im thinking - Rolocollie - then it looks like he's on a Huawei cab.

I can see anyone on the full list who has g.inp and on an ECI

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2015, 09:30:20 PM »

The new one this morning to me looks like another newly subscribed member to MDWS (no previous stats) ..  and if its the same one that Im thinking - Rolocollie - then it looks like he's on a Huawei cab.

Yep, that's the username.

Argh!!!!

MDWS has now changed. It did report ECI earlier on.

It doesn't matter though as AndyH seems to know all about it anyway:-

https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,138671.msg1223141.html#msg1223141

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2015, 09:50:51 PM »

btw...  atm Im having lots of niggles about the IFTN/Lantiq & g.inp issues.   I've hinted earlier in this thread a couple of times that I suspect something else is up.   It started a few weeks ago that the SP's cant seem to get proper DLM info if the EU was using non-compliant kit.. and Im having a hard time understanding why this hasnt come to light before now.

Surely there's other SP's out there using g.inp (discounting the likes of Sky with BCM MSANs & Eirecom - BCM dslams & modems).  I cant seem to find another CP using g.inp and IFTN.... or is there?   Can anyone decypher whats going on here  I dont understand German and translate isnt helping too much.

We know the M41's use IFTN Geminax chipsets. Infineon DSL chipsets appear to have been bought out by Lantiq, and supposedly anything INFN may be pre 2009.   Its known that Infineon also had their own form of ReTX before g.inp was standardised.

What about things like SELT/MLT which can use IFTN, what about other IFTN test equipment?  Is it the older stuff with non-standardised g.inp?.   The longer BT are keeping total silence the more things are niggling me...  why not just now come out with it and say oh yes theres an issue with the ECi modems, we are looking to roll out  updated software..  the more I think about other possible IFTN kit then ...  well  I dunno where Im going with this.. because Im not sure where to start and I dont have enough info. 

No facts.  No info.  Just lots of niggles.  Is the total lack of communication even to the SPs causing me to be too suspicious?  Why arent even AAISP getting any info?  :-\
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2015, 09:51:39 PM »

One other thing that I have only just spotted is that the user with G.INP enabled today appears to be connected to an ECI DSLAM.

I was just going to crack open that case of beer, we all getting to edgy take a deep breath and double check your findings an ECI cabinet should turn green on MDWS.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2015, 09:52:43 PM »

It doesn't matter though as AndyH seems to know all about it anyway:-

https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,138671.msg1223141.html#msg1223141

Thats nothing new BE.   It was reported here on this forum
-----

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2015, 10:01:35 PM »

take a deep breath and double check your findings an ECI cabinet should turn green on MDWS.

I am aware of that NS, but I can assure you that it WAS green & it DID show as ECI earlier on.

It now shows as Huawei.
Perhaps tbailey2 also spotted it & corrected it?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62