Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 449965 times)

Busa

• Reg Member
Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #870 on: May 15, 2016, 10:09:10 PM »

Any news on when we can expect G.INP back on ECI cabs yet?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #871 on: May 16, 2016, 10:00:57 AM »

[I've moved the off-topic discussion about chartered engineers to:
http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,17797.msg320532.html#msg320532 ]
  Eric

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #872 on: August 01, 2016, 01:28:21 AM »

Does anyone on an ECI cabinet still have G.INP or has anyone actually had it turned back on yet?
If not do any of the guru's on here know if (when) openreach are intending to get the issues some had sorted out?
I had no issues at all with G.INP on my ECI cabinet and ZyXEL SBG3300-N, I actually managed to gain a fair bit of download speed when it was on.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #873 on: August 01, 2016, 01:43:03 AM »

2017 or later probably.  Best bet is to not expect it sooner, you will only be disappointed.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #874 on: August 01, 2016, 02:03:56 AM »

Does anyone on an ECI cabinet still have G.INP or has anyone actually had it turned back on yet?
If not do any of the guru's on here know if (when) openreach are intending to get the issues some had sorted out?
I had no issues at all with G.INP on my ECI cabinet and ZyXEL SBG3300-N, I actually managed to gain a fair bit of download speed when it was on.
yes, 2 people have kept G.INP on an ECI cab on MDWS
I personally haven't seen or heard of anyone who has managed to get it turned back on.
The last update sent to ISP's that I know of back in June advised that we are unlikely to have a solution deployed in this calendar year
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #875 on: August 01, 2016, 10:40:37 AM »

Currently my thoughts are that only people with UHD BT TV will have G.INP on ECI at the moment.

I even got a TV package on my Plusnet line to see if anything would happen, nothing did.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #876 on: August 01, 2016, 10:52:44 AM »

I'm not sure if I've asked this previously.

But when we all go to G.fast will G.INP still work? Or are they different technologies?
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #877 on: August 01, 2016, 03:01:09 PM »

As I understand it, G.INP (G.998.4) will still be possible with a deployment of G.Fast (G.9700/G.9701).
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #878 on: August 01, 2016, 05:37:08 PM »

2017 or later probably.  Best bet is to not expect it sooner, you will only be disappointed.

Oh well there's a good chance I'll have switched to VM before then.

I've had terrible service from Openreach and BT over the years and if BT were the last provider on the planet I'd start writing letters again and travelling to speak to people rather than use them.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #879 on: August 01, 2016, 05:56:23 PM »

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #880 on: July 05, 2017, 11:36:22 PM »

General G.INP questions on a fairly old thread:

I am only approx. 4 weeks on VDSL after migrating from ADSL2+, Plusnet 38/2 package.
I am definately on a Huawei FTTC cabinet, no reason to believe that G.INP is not enabled at the cabinet.
A good line, achieving practically DS profile speed, fast path DS & US, G.INP not active.
I do get DS ES errors but the daily rate is at the bottom end of the "orange" ILQ range, (speed profile) DLM not believed likely to intervene under current line conditions, should maintain fast path.
I appear to be on 6dB. target DS SNRM, ie., not yet part of the 3dB. migration process.
I easily maintained 3dB. DS SNRM when on ADSL2+ (not the same I know)
I am running DSLStats on a RPi 24/7 to MDWS so in a position to see what's happening.

My questions are:
Assuming that G.INP is available on my cabinet is it ever likely to be applied to my line, do I need it, is it applied anyway by default ?
There is a school of thought that it takes approx. 6 weeks on a new VDSL installation for G.INP to be applied, is there any factual proof of this ?
I have diligently read the excellent DLM articles produced by kitz, can not find any reference to the criteria for activation of G.INP, these documents possibly pre-dated G.INP roll out.

Any information appreciated.   
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #881 on: July 05, 2017, 11:52:06 PM »

What date did your line go live? Could you post back if/when G.INP is enabled?

I'm in a similar situation to yourself with my line technically going live on 12th June. Interleaving was applied on 14th June. Right now I'm still waiting for G.INP but the way my order has gone I'm not holding my breath.

In the past we've seen periods where DLM has taken 7 weeks for it to be applied to lines. More recently though it has been much less than this, generally within the 1st 2 weeks of service.

Current policy (I believe) is still that G.INP is applied to all lines on the downstream by default, where the CPE supports it.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #882 on: July 06, 2017, 12:16:30 AM »

I am of the opinion that G.998.4 (a.k.a. G.Inp) is applied if the DLM process deems it to be necessary.

If a circuit is operating on fast-path, then do not expect to see G.998.4 applied to it.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #883 on: July 06, 2017, 05:30:00 AM »

General G.INP questions on a fairly old thread:

I am only approx. 4 weeks on VDSL after migrating from ADSL2+, Plusnet 38/2 package.
I am definately on a Huawei FTTC cabinet, no reason to believe that G.INP is not enabled at the cabinet.
A good line, achieving practically DS profile speed, fast path DS & US, G.INP not active.
I do get DS ES errors but the daily rate is at the bottom end of the "orange" ILQ range, (speed profile) DLM not believed likely to intervene under current line conditions, should maintain fast path.
I appear to be on 6dB. target DS SNRM, ie., not yet part of the 3dB. migration process.
I easily maintained 3dB. DS SNRM when on ADSL2+ (not the same I know)
I am running DSLStats on a RPi 24/7 to MDWS so in a position to see what's happening.

My questions are:
Assuming that G.INP is available on my cabinet is it ever likely to be applied to my line, do I need it, is it applied anyway by default ?
There is a school of thought that it takes approx. 6 weeks on a new VDSL installation for G.INP to be applied, is there any factual proof of this ?
I have diligently read the excellent DLM articles produced by kitz, can not find any reference to the criteria for activation of G.INP, these documents possibly pre-dated G.INP roll out.

Any information appreciated.

Mum had a brand new line and vdsl service recently. I monitored the line from first boot of the hg612. Line came up in fastpath by default. Only took 14 days for g.inp to be enabled...

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #884 on: July 06, 2017, 11:27:41 AM »

Thanks to all for responses to date:

My conversion from ADSL2+ to VDSL took place on 7/6/17, I had already changed to the PN supplied Hub One a few days before in preparation, the conversion was absolutely painless and 100% on schedule, took about 15 minutes.
I had limited line monitoring at that stage using the RouterStats dedicated HH5a monitor, PN Hub One (BT HH5a) does not have a Broadcom chip set so not very good for stat's monitoring.

Initially VDSL connected on fast path, after 2 days auto re-synch'ed with DS interleaving applied, still on Hub One but could see that DS ES rate definitely prompted DLM action on the line.

Obviously with DS interleaving applied, DS ES rate went down considerably and after 4 days a DLM auto re-synch was applied and DS returned to fast path with the associated increase in DS synch speed & decrease in latency.
Have remained on fast path ever since ,have never has any issues with US noise or errors.

After approx. 7 days of VDSL operation I changed my set up to an unlocked Huawei HG612 / Netgear DGND3700v2 (my original ADSL router) combination which provided superior monitoring capabilities using DSLStats, actually got an immediate increased DS synch rate with the HG612 to my Huawei FTTC cabinet which was a bonus.

Later signed up to MDWS and used an old RPi to run DSLStats 24/7 for line monitoring.

Does not appear to be any definitive known criteria for G.Inp implementation.
I am currently inclined to go with burakkucat's opinion although skyeci's experience on a new VDSL line would appear to directly contadict this !
Quite a few forum members have reported that there is a time criteria governing G.Inp application, is this applied to a stable line as well as an unstable line ?

Of course I am still making the assumption that G.Inp is commissioned on my cabinet, I do have it on good authority that G.Inp has been rolled out on all Huawei cabinets in Northern Ireland where I reside.
I'am not in a position to check any of my neighbours who share the cabinet, they are mostly retirees still on ADSL2+ service and neither use or care about line monitoring as long as the I-Player works, normal people really, hard for us geeks to understand !

Will keep monitoring and report any further developments. 
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 62

anything