Broadband Related > Broadband Technology

G.INP - BT rollout 2015.

<< < (2/184) > >>

jelv:
With not expecting FTTC until the back end of this year I was aware that there was some issue but hadn't been following it. Suddenly activity started at the beginning of February and my install is 14th April so I was starting to look at this. I'd resigned my self to wading through the many convoluted topics around this subject so the publishing of this brilliant summary could not have come at a better time for me. Thank you Kitz!

Would I be correct to assume new Huawei cabinets will be installed with this already enabled?

When the engineer comes I guess I should be making a fuss if he provides me with a ECI modem!

Dray:
Are you sure you're getting a Huawei cabinet?

jelv:

--- Quote from: Dray on April 07, 2015, 09:41:02 AM ---Are you sure you're getting a Huawei cabinet?

--- End quote ---

I think so - just taken a quick snap from outside our house - see attached.

kitz:
Aye - looks like the type of cab that houses the Huawei MA5603T. 
Watch for that lock type to be changed ;)

--- Quote ---Would I be correct to assume new Huawei cabinets will be installed with this already enabled?
--- End quote ---
Yes

--- Quote ---When the engineer comes I guess I should be making a fuss if he provides me with a ECI modem!
--- End quote ---
Yes.   But you may not get anywhere.   Unfortunately for a good while some area's have only been supplying ECI modems.   I know going back to when mine was installed that the contractor only had ECI modems on their vans.   Its been like that for a while and one of the OR guys has confirmed that their supplies dept only has ECI's in stock - this is the NW so not sure if it will be different down south, but just making you aware that he genuinely may not have a HG612 available.

Dray:
Talking of 'shades of grey'  :blush: I believe there are 2 types of G.Vector. Maybe ASUS are saying it supports one but not the other?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version