Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62

Author Topic: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.  (Read 454405 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: G.INP - BT rollout 2015.
« Reply #255 on: April 30, 2015, 07:44:31 PM »

There are however three things which puzzle me still.
1) Why is my download speed still consistantly 12M down on my IPProfile after 4 days?

2) I normally do speedtests with btwholesale and speedtest.net with the later showing US 1-2M greater than BT. When I got G.INP'ed (I'm assuming) my US reported by BT dropped to ~10Mbps while SpeedTest stayed at ~17Mbps. When G.INP was enabled on the HG612, both speedtests reported ~15Mbps.

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

What is your Plusnet profile?
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate

We've seen a couple of cases whereby its the PN profile which has stopped the speed increases being immediate.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

BigJ

« Reply #256 on: April 30, 2015, 07:57:31 PM »

There are however three things which puzzle me still.
1) Why is my download speed still consistantly 12M down on my IPProfile after 4 days?

2) I normally do speedtests with btwholesale and speedtest.net with the later showing US 1-2M greater than BT. When I got G.INP'ed (I'm assuming) my US reported by BT dropped to ~10Mbps while SpeedTest stayed at ~17Mbps. When G.INP was enabled on the HG612, both speedtests reported ~15Mbps.

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

What is your Plusnet profile?
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate

We've seen a couple of cases whereby its the PN profile which has stopped the speed increases being immediate.

Hi kitz

The PN profile was showing as 55.6 Mb on 26th Apr and when I next checked on the 28th it was 65Mb. Checking it now still shows 65Mb.

Edit: Can't type :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:59:32 PM by BigJ »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #257 on: April 30, 2015, 08:10:43 PM »

tried a DLM reset which didn't change the IPProfile or download speed.

This is rather familiar to lines which have been g.inped but have an incompatible router, and its mentioned in the main post that for some reason the OR guys appear have a job to get it to unstick and the only way is getting a compatible router.

Im a bit at a loss to try figure out why the line is now syncing at 67Mbps, and both the IPprofile and BT profile at 65Mbps why youre not yet getting full throughput.

Perhaps one of the other guys can spot something obvious that Ive missed?

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

BigJ

« Reply #258 on: April 30, 2015, 08:16:53 PM »

This is rather familiar to lines which have been g.inped but have an incompatible router, and its mentioned in the main post that for some reason the OR guys appear have a job to get it to unstick and the only way is getting a compatible router.

Im a bit at a loss to try figure out why the line is now syncing at 67Mbps, and both the IPprofile and BT profile at 65Mbps why youre not yet getting full throughput.

Ah, must have missed that. I've switched out the PN supplied router for an ASUS which I'll plug back in. Thanks for the suggestion.

BigJ

« Reply #259 on: April 30, 2015, 08:47:03 PM »

You nailed it kitz! I've been following this thread for about 2 weeks and seem to have forgotten the finer details :) Using my original Technicolor TG582n instead of the Asus rt-ac68u I'm now getting 61Mb. I'll see if I can downgrade to one of the old firmware versions for Asus.

Thank you so much kitz.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #260 on: April 30, 2015, 09:37:46 PM »

BT not Openreach supplied the HH5 A that has a problem with G.Inp. I don't think BT are in any rush to replace those, or even stop rolling them out.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #261 on: April 30, 2015, 09:56:15 PM »

<snipped to keep page length shorter>
My estimate range has been dropped as a consequence of 2 speed drops that were faults that BT OR 'Fixed' but didn't.
G.INP has been gone for weeks, might be more than a  month, my memory has blured due to the on going saga with Plusnet. (Do not ask!) >:(  ;D

yeah I remember you had a very high attainable initially (like myself) and now are below 70mbit.  I had 2 large drops in attainable in the first month of my service, which at this time I have assumed is heavy disturbers on crosstalk, but its always been lingering in my mind if its a fault.  The only way I will find out is if and when vectoring gets enabled.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #262 on: April 30, 2015, 10:21:45 PM »

The only way I will find out is if and when vectoring gets enabled.

Chry if G.INP has caused this much hassle to a lot of users god only knows when vectoring is enabled on their line and the modem is incompatible that's going to be another forum headline.

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #263 on: April 30, 2015, 10:24:56 PM »

Chry if G.INP has caused this much hassle to a lot of users god only knows when vectoring is enabled on their line and the modem is incompatible that's going to be another forum headline.

at least with g.inp we're able to identify the issue. I've not seen any reference to vectoring anywhere so I'm not sure how we'd know it was enabled or even if it's supported by the modem or not.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #264 on: April 30, 2015, 10:37:44 PM »

at least with g.inp we're able to identify the issue. I've not seen any reference to vectoring anywhere so I'm not sure how we'd know it was enabled or even if it's supported by the modem or not.

Oh for sure if it's not working as it should you will be getting weird speedtest results as G.INP is the first step to vectoring if the g.inp project is unsuccessful wave goodbye to vectoring  :(
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:40:26 PM by NewtronStar »

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #265 on: April 30, 2015, 10:44:17 PM »

we know the hg612 supports g.inp, what about vectoring for that modem?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #266 on: April 30, 2015, 10:53:55 PM »

I don't know but i will purchase a modem that's supports g.inp and vectoring, there has to be plenty of Mobile phone users that want something and their old contract phone can't do while still under the 18 month contract, so what do they do they purchase a better one is that not the same as a Broadband contracted modem.

blue166

« Reply #267 on: April 30, 2015, 11:53:26 PM »

But if you are connected to an ECI cab like me then there is no point buying another modem as the cabinet is a limitation anyway in regards to G.INP?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #268 on: May 01, 2015, 12:15:14 AM »

You nailed it kitz! I've been following this thread for about 2 weeks and seem to have forgotten the finer details :) Using my original Technicolor TG582n instead of the Asus rt-ac68u I'm now getting 61Mb. I'll see if I can downgrade to one of the old firmware versions for Asus.

Thank you so much kitz.

Youre very welcome, but I didnt do anything much -  it was a fluke and my misuse of the word 'router' that triggered you finding it.  I hadn't twigged re the TG582n, so you get credit for that.
So glad you managed to sort it :)
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #269 on: May 01, 2015, 12:22:02 AM »

But if you are connected to an ECI cab like me then there is no point buying another modem as the cabinet is a limitation anyway in regards to G.INP?

Blue166 your lookin for an answer regarding what will happen if g.inp is enabled and what if it's not enabled, I think you want it but are peed off because you can have it at the moment is that correct ?

I would be peed of to if i was in your shoes ! you would like G.INP enabled on your line but for some reason it's not within your reach, look at the moment on your ECI cabinet your better of without it until oprenreach finds away for both ECI cab and ECI modem to work in both directions using G.INP but it's not there yet.

You can keep on posting what will happen and what if ? the answer is we just don't know, I sound like the late Sir Patrick Moore but a least he was honest when faced with a difficult question.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62