Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: phyr on hg612  (Read 1805 times)

loonylion

• Reg Member
phyr on hg612
« on: April 19, 2015, 03:17:58 PM »

Based on page 6 of the 'G.INP BT rollout 2015' thread, it's been established that the default G.INP config on a HG612 is 'off/on' for upstream and downstream respectively, suggesting that G.INP will not be available on the upstream channel unless enabled. Is this likely to be the case, and if so would there be any benefit in changing it to 'on/on'?

Also how would that be achieved? :P

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: phyr on hg612
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 05:18:30 PM »

I would suspect that if you enable G.INP as on/on for US/DS in the configuration of your HG612 it would have absolutely no effect. Why? Because both ends of the circuit would need to be similarly configured. So we would really need to know the configuration of the MSAN at the "other end" of the circuit.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 05:33:21 PM »

Various people have posted stats that suggest G.INP is active on both the downstream and the upstream. I think most people with G.INP show INP values of over 40 for both the downstream and upstream.

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 06:36:18 PM »

I just posted on that other thread about the fact that G.INP seems to be configured in both upstream and downstream on my 8800NL - and the changes to the counter values suggest it is being used in both directions.

Jelv pointed out that the configuration options seem to allow PhyR to be configured separately from G.INP; it might well be that the commands showing PhyR status don't apply to the status of G.INP.

Note that PhyR is a broadcom-proprietary precursor to G.INP. Being treated separately is a plausible possibility.

Just one more element to the fog of confusion surrounding G.INP.