Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: VME Trial  (Read 6070 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
VME Trial
« on: March 31, 2015, 08:28:11 AM »

Ina nutshell, BTOR has been working with CP's on a trial called, 'View My Engineer', which basically is proactive notifications and online tracking on a provision order or when fixing a fault.

The trial was successful in S. Yorkshire, and is being extended to a further trial in the N. East. with a proposed full launch in June.

I think we'd all agree that it is a long-time coming, and a positive move in the right direction. I'll provide more feedback if any is forthcoming ?.   

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: VME Trial
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 03:41:51 PM »

I wonder if there will ever be the option to request a particular engineer by name?

If that should ever come to pass, I suspect that a certain Black Sheep will be fully booked to attend from in the far north of the Scottish Highlands right down to the south west of Cornwall!
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 03:49:21 PM »

Ha ha .....  :blush: :blush: ...... there is an option available already, whereby the EU can pay more to ensure a certain engineer attends site. Not seen it used in anger across our team yet. I don't know whether there's a subliminal message there ?  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 01:27:07 AM »

lmao... you could become very popular.    :lol:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 07:24:40 AM »

:blush: ...... shucks.  ;D

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 12:38:12 PM »

for the end user this sadly will probably give no benefit as isp's keep all this stuff to themselves.

I wish for the day when the end user can interact with openreach directly removing the middle man.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 12:53:44 PM »

I wish for the day when the end user can interact with openreach directly removing the middle man.

It would be better if there was an escalation process for genuine cases.   

I can see why its in place though..  the number of times you see people complaining about their broadband speeds & insisting on a BT engineer... when in reality its something like they are stood 200 yards from the router and through 6 brick walls (ok exaggeration but you get the idea!).   The ISPs are supposed to filter out the dross and its why BT still charge the SP if and example as above gets through and wastes the time of an engineer.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 01:00:27 PM »

Well its not just escalation but all this hidden information, you perhaps dont understand as you clearly have access to this data so dont know whats it like to not have it.

But an end user who is told stories by an isp, and has to take their word for it because they dont have access to all the confidential BT wholesale data leads to confusion and misinformation that is brought about by this situation.

e.g. Black Sheep explained in an earlier post in 2014 that engineers jobs are not cut and dry, the isp books certain modules (not telling the end user which are booked) which affects what the engineer does on a visit, yet the end user thinks all SFI visits are equal, see my point?

and again part of the problem as well with the silly idea of locking the openreach modems so information is hidden from the end user, this leads to them guessing the cause of problems and extra booking of engineers.

Finally as well think of the current plusnet congestion issue, how do we even know if plusnet have been pushing BT wholesale for an investigation (since they claim its not their own network), everyone is just left hoping and guessing.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:09:25 PM by Chrysalis »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 01:57:50 PM »

Well its not just escalation but all this hidden information, you perhaps dont understand as you clearly have access to this data so dont know whats it like to not have it.

Just seen this and Ive already responded to your PMs.    I've also categorically told you that I do not have access to any hidden information that is not available to anyone else. 

Im quite offended by your PM and any insinuation that I deliberately dont share information.   So that would be why I spend days/weeks/months putting together stuff for the site would it.  Anything that goes on the main site does not go live until Im sure of my facts.   You are already aware that I am working on this http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/DLM.htm..  its been mentioned many times and all discussed openly on this forum

Im not like the other person you mentioned.  I dont have 24/7 to sit on a forum pretending to have access to information that I dont.   

I have a life to lead,  I spend  4hrs per day travelling to a non local hospital, a dad who is very seriously ill with cancer/ full abdominal dehiscence/ stomach fistula , a mate who got knocked down in a serious RTA & is lucky to be alive and needs skin grafts, a daughter on the verge of a breakdown after a horrendous episode at her workplace and her tying to cope with feelings that bar a twist of fate she would be dead rather than another,  a cat with triaditis that needs hand feeding and frequent vists to the vet.   I spend a few hours practically every day doing site admin.  I try attend my college courses..  and I end up sitting here at gone midnight making posts to the forum.    I take a day off because Im knackered to the point of falling down and to try catch up whats happening on the forums and instead I have to deal with crap insinuations.  Can you tell Im peed off and why I dont have time to do stuff I want or do content for the site.  2015 is off to a great start...  you try coping with all this.... and I challenge anyone to do any better.  :rant:
-----

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 02:17:58 PM »

I am sure we all appreciate kitz efforts at this trying time.
It is very unfair and insulting to imply she does not help when the opposite is so evident to all.

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 03:44:55 PM »

Black Sheep: By "tracking" I assume not GPS coords of the engineer?  ;D What info would this give the ISP? Things like, job allocated to engineer XX, engineer arrived on site etc etc?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 03:59:29 PM »

kitz in the pm I asked if you have been asked to not share info, I never suggested you have witheld info off your own back, I apologise tho for assuming you have access to BT wholesale's live news feed.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 04:44:48 PM »

Black Sheep: By "tracking" I assume not GPS coords of the engineer?  ;D What info would this give the ISP? Things like, job allocated to engineer XX, engineer arrived on site etc etc?

I'm afraid I don't have any more info at this time, Mark. The trial was initially carried out on the 'Wrong side of the hill' (Yorkshire), and the second one is in the North East ..... neither are my area, so I don't have any feedback sorry.  :)

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 04:52:05 PM »

Fair enough, North East is my area, not that it helps  :D

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 04:59:32 PM »

GPS tracking, front and rear cam, front mounted mic, idletime in BTOR van... :D
Pages: [1] 2