Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT Wholesale checker upgrade ?  (Read 1999 times)

waltergmw

• Kitizen
BT Wholesale checker upgrade ?
« on: April 14, 2015, 11:19:48 AM »

Gentlefolk,

I observe below an additional paragraph on the data for Caton Community Primary School.
I wonder if BT are now being a little more helpful suggesting that e.g. a DACS line requires to be De-DACSed ?

I also observe an interesting line distance estimate map for that Caton postcode.

Kind regards,
Walter

renluop

• Kitizen
Re: BT Wholesale checker upgrade ?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 11:31:22 AM »

Your blocking out of the number was insufficient.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 12:20:23 PM »

I think it will be taking that data from the RAG test.  At the bottom of that page theres a list of the codes that can show up.

I used to show & interpret those codes on the adsl checker, but got told I had to pull it and replace with a generic message :/ 

>> I also observe an interesting line distance estimate map for that Caton postcode.

Ive just run a check that no and post code on my fttc checker (still in beta and not yet live).  Nothing is showing for TPON or incompatible fibre, but I happen to notice that Caton is one of the few remaining 20CN exchanges.  With there being no 21CN at Caton exchange, it is an absolute certainty that the the fibre from the cab will not be going back to Caton and is being fed from somewhere else.  I doubt its Edinburgh though :D

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 01:22:07 PM »

@ renluop Thanks but as the school's number is published on their web site I left it visible so others could do further investigations.

@ Kitz,  Thanks too for the additional data. I had noticed many false records in that part of the UK especially Milnthorpe but many are in the process of being corrected. There are a large number of small exchanges in the same predicament including Halton, Hornby, Kirkby Lonsdale, Bentham, Clapham and Crooklands. Fortunately we know many in the area will not be bothered by such exceptions !

Kind regards,
Walter