Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Q3 results .....  (Read 8330 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Q3 results .....
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 06:43:24 PM »

Thank you for posting it B*Sheep. Once I filtered out the usage of higher management, er, waffle it gives a useful indication of plans for the near future.  ::)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2015, 09:24:41 PM »

........... another snippet from our CEO's latest message to his employees.

"I’d like share more information on G.fast, my perspective on our performance in Openreach and how we are progressing in Building Britain’s Connected Future. First, G.fast. I’m pleased to say that Openreach will be offering homes and small businesses access to amazing speeds which we expect up to 500Mbit/s within the next ten years. There are also plans to develop a premium fibre broadband service for those residential and business customers who want even faster broadband of up to 1Gbit/s. I believe this will open up a world of new opportunities for our customers and highlights our commitment to build Britain’s connected future.
We will be conducting two large-scale pilots of G.fast technology. One in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, and another in Gosforth, Newcastle. Both will start this summer and around 4,000 homes and businesses will be able to participate. Both trials aim to explore what speeds can be delivered using G.fast at scale. We will be working closely with our CP customers to firm up dates and plans over the coming months. I’m looking forward to the next chapter in our fabulous fibre story, and we will be providing regular updates to you."

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 10:18:31 PM »

I wonder, did anyone dare tell the Gavin the telephone support is dire?  :'(

Being a bit over generous there aren't we... ;D

Although saying that there are quite a few other isps support who come into that category  :-X

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 02:33:06 PM »

I just found some additional analysis on the G.fast stuff, including some talk about the nature of deployment:

"There has been a breakthrough on G.fast in the last quarter and we now see a way to deliver it from street cabinets rather than just distribution points," [Gavin Patterson] said. "That means we can build on existing investments."

http://www.lightreading.com/gigabit/dsl-vectoring-gfast/bt-puts-gfast-at-heart-of-ultra-fast-broadband-plans/d/d-id/713418

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 10:04:53 PM »

Another journalist had a couple of numbers for the potential g.fast rollout - 15m or three-quarters. Not exactly consistent there...

http://gfastnews.com/index.php/90-r/147-500-megabit-g-fast-to-15m-brits
Pages: 1 [2]