Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: For info ..... (Superfast Recharge)  (Read 7389 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
For info ..... (Superfast Recharge)
« on: March 26, 2015, 12:54:45 PM »

A new product is to be launched called Superfast Recharge. this is aimed at the engineer, but may be worth knowing about if giving advice on forum boards ??

What’s this about?[/b]
On Wednesday April 1, we’ll launch a new FTTC Broadband Boost offering to BT Consumer called Superfast Recharge. It’s a ‘lite’ variant of Broadband Boost and will focus on in-home issues for FTTC customers who’ve self-installed but aren’t getting the speeds they were expecting up to 28 days after installation.

Why are we doing this?
Feedback has told us that we need this product as it’ll improve the overall customer experience. Customer requirements continue to change and we need to gear up in order to provide solutions like these.

What do we need you to do differently?
When you get a Superfast Recharge job, there will be two modules within the task:

1. Internal Module – ordered
2. External Module – authorised

You can find the list of activities associated with each module by checking out the info pack, below. It’s important that you start by completing the internal module first and - only if necessary - then go on to complete the external module.

---
edit by admin -  topic title.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:38:10 PM by kitz »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: For info .....
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 05:54:43 PM »

Thank you for that information, Mr Sheep.

Just one request for clarification, please.

As that was written for the consumption of employees of the BT Group, who are the so referenced "FTTC customers"? To me, it appears to imply the EU. But if that information was purely for Openreach consumption, then the "customers" would be CPs/ISPs . . .  :-\

Rather murky -- just like the contents of a dipping pool, once a flock of sheep have been put through it!  ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 06:06:01 PM »

Yes, the on-going issue of what to call Mr Smith ?? In this context, he is classed as the FTTC customer but you are correct in that officially he should be addressed as 'The EU'.

Our (OR's) CEO, a Mr Joe Garner, is old school and has publicly written that he's a big hater of Mr Smith being called an EU ….. he would prefer we call him a customer. TBH, it really is all in the context of the conversation as to what individuals mean in the way it's referenced.

NB ….. sometimes, they aren't even referred to as 'EU' or 'Customer' ……. but the 'Swear filter' won't allow me to post the alternatives.  ;) ;D

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 06:08:57 PM »

Thank you for the clarification. (It is now as clear as the water in my drinking bowl.)  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: For info ..... (Superfast Recharge)
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 10:38:31 PM »

Thank you BS for the info :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 10:40:50 PM »

:) :)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 10:54:24 PM »

What’s this about?[/b]
On Wednesday April 1, we’ll launch a new FTTC Broadband Boost offering to BT Consumer called Superfast Recharge. It’s a ‘lite’ variant of Broadband Boost and will focus on in-home issues for FTTC customers who’ve self-installed but aren’t getting the speeds they were expecting up to 28 days after installation.

Thats quite easy just install an SSFP to the NTE5  :D

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 11:01:43 PM »

;D ;D .......... in laboratory conditions, that would work. However, 'bridged taps before the 'master socket' are rife. There is also a percentage chance of a network fault causing degradation.  ;D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 11:19:00 PM »

I was wondering how the 40/10 self installs were getting on but this post seems to say your average self installer is having difficulty with there internal wiring it's just a pity they don't use the Internet to read up before they start the DIY process and good old Openreach has to fix it.

Is the Superfast Recharge free ?

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 11:24:32 PM »

I think I would rather wait until 2nd April before believing to much of what is being said.

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 02:08:53 AM »

It sounds like a necessary product to me. Self-install is great when it works out, but when it doesn't, a customer Mr Smith needs options.

I'd have thought another time when this was worthwhile would include the occasions when an EU upgrades or migrates to something that would normally have been engineer-install, but because he already has a lower level of service that qualified for self-install, the system doesn't bother with an appointment.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 07:24:51 AM »

I think I would rather wait until 2nd April before believing to much of what is being said.

Ha ha, if you're alluding it may be an April Fools prank, OF, I have to admit the thought also crossed my mind initially.

BT do actually get into the spirit of 'April Fool', but it's always borderline ridiculous ...... ie; they will send an internal communique out saying something like 'statistics report EU's receive faster broadband speeds if they own a pet'. Something crap like that.

I can also comment that my ELF's (Early Life Failure) stats had rocketed. This is a stat that basically measures whether the EU complains about their service within the first 28 days of delivery. I don't wish to brag, but mine are usually very, very low ..... but since 'Self-install' came onto the scene, engineers who perform this simple task have all seen their ELF's rise dramatically !!
Hence the additional reason why I 100% think this is genuine. I will fall on my sword if it proves otherwise.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 07:28:49 AM »

It sounds like a necessary product to me. Self-install is great when it works out, but when it doesn't, a customer Mr Smith needs options.

I'd have thought another time when this was worthwhile would include the occasions when an EU upgrades or migrates to something that would normally have been engineer-install, but because he already has a lower level of service that qualified for self-install, the system doesn't bother with an appointment.

I agree, WWW. It's like any new product release, it needs time to bed-in. There are always going to be initial teething issues akin to bridged taps, etc causing service issues............. but as time goes by these will dwindle and the migration scenario you mention then becomes a relatively painless experience.  :)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 07:30:49 AM »

I was wondering how the 40/10 self installs were getting on but this post seems to say your average self installer is having difficulty with there internal wiring it's just a pity they don't use the Internet to read up before they start the DIY process and good old Openreach has to fix it.

Is the Superfast Recharge free ?

Yeah, if you read my post above you'll see that ELF's are higher than I suspect they anticipated ?? Regarding cost .... I have no idea I'm afraid ?  :)

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 11:57:16 AM »

I can also comment that my ELF's (Early Life Failure) stats had rocketed. This is a stat that basically measures whether the EU complains about their service within the first 28 days of delivery. I don't wish to brag, but mine are usually very, very low ..... but since 'Self-install' came onto the scene, engineers who perform this simple task have all seen their ELF's rise dramatically !!

I was trying to figure out how ELF's ended up assigned to an engineer, when the self-install was, by nature, "self". Then it dawned that you guys still get to do the in-cabinet part of the job.

BTW - do they allocate such jobs to you in batches, so you prepare a number of lines in one cabinet, in one go?
Pages: [1] 2