Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT Launch BT Mobile  (Read 4144 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
BT Launch BT Mobile
« on: March 25, 2015, 08:55:39 AM »

Part of a BT Group message sent to us. The rest of it only pertained to employees and as such, I have omitted.

We’re back in the UK consumer mobile market. BT Mobile has arrived.

Today we’ve announced our move back into the consumer mobile market by launching great value deals, offering bundles of 4G data, minutes and texts for as little as £5 a month for existing BT Broadband homes. We’ve unveiled three bring your own phone (SIM only) plans that offer:
• an exceptional combination of 4G on the UK’s biggest network, along with unlimited access to the most extensive wi-fi coverage via more than five million BT Wi-fi hotspots
• free BT Sport on the BT Sport app
• family-friendly features like spend caps on all tariffs.
These great value deals are a thank you from us to loyal BT Broadband homes.
SIM only is the fastest-growing part of the consumer mobile market with millions having signed up already for such deals.

It’s the first step in our consumer mobile strategy, which will develop over the coming years.

---
Edit by admin - topic title.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 01:31:22 PM by kitz »

lloyd

• Reg Member
Re: For info
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 01:11:18 PM »

The combination of EEs 4G network, plus the BT WiFi hotspots, make this an interesting proposition.  And if you like football, I suppose its even more attractive.  Be interesting to see prices with handsets when released.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: BT Launch BT Mobile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 01:29:58 PM »

Thank you BS

I also got notified of BT Mobile this morning.
BT LAUNCHES UK’S BEST VALUE 4G MOBILE DATA DEAL AS A REWARD FOR ITS BT BROADBAND CUSTOMERS.

BT today announced its move back into the consumer mobile market by launching great value deals offering bundles of 4G data, minutes and texts for as little as £5 a month for its existing BT Broadband homes

At first it looked like the product was only available to BT customers but on looking around the site, I notice that non BT customers can also purchase BT Mobile.   I you have BT Broadband it entitles you to a £5 discount off normal pricing. Packages appear to be Sim only but are subject to a 12 month contract. 

BT Mobile Packages - BT Broadband customers
BT Mobile Packages - Non BT customers

There's also a link which some people may find useful - BT Mobile Coverage.
I dont know what its like for other areas of the UK, but around here coverage for both 3G & 4G is much better than Three & Vodafone.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 01:49:44 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 02:38:23 PM »

financial times reported the reason for sim only is BT would be spending a lot of money to duplicate what EE already have which is a smartphone division.  So I assume sim only is until the acquisition is approved and then they will do both.

My question is since the current deal is using EE as a wholesale provider, how are they undercutting EE?  My concerns are they going to overload EE's network.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:41:13 PM by Chrysalis »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 07:03:12 PM »

Not bad price for 20GB of 4G data.

As I only get around 3mb via a fixed line this is quite tempting for me as 20GB would be ample.

We can get 4G with EE,O2 and Vodafone at present(no 3 4G though).According to various checkers O2 and Vodafone are best with EE slightly behind.

Mobile contract is up very soon so will keep an open mind.. :-\

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 10:56:26 PM »

Looked interesting, until I live chatted them and none of the tariffs will support tethering :no:
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 05:24:31 AM »

yes tethering if forbidden, which is good news as now I hope EE's network will hold out.

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 12:36:01 PM »

Tethering isn't allowed, but it apparently isn't blocked either... so who know if they'll start contacting users who are tethering with a warning, then kick them off or something