Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HG612 Modem Stats v 5.0 - Bug fix for Billion & ZyXel modems using G.INP  (Read 4970 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

Due to the formatting of the raw stats data files from Billion modems (& presumably ZyXels) I have needed to amend the HG612_stats.exe program for users where G.INP has been activated.

This is now working with Billion modems, but I would like someone to test it who is using a ZyXel on a G.INP activated connection before I release the update for everyone.

Any takers?

AArdvark

• Kitizen

Let me know what you want me to do.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

Cheers AArdvark.

Please send me a PM containing an email address where I can send the updated HG612_stats.exe to.

If you don't already have it, download the whole v 5.0 package from here:-

http://www.freewarefiles.com/HG612-Modem-Stats_program_84567.html

Unzip the file contents to the root of Drive C: for default settings, making sure that the 'Expand folders' or similar wording is ticked.

That should create the relevant folders/subfolders & files into their default locations.

Go to the folder named C:\HG612_Modem_Stats\Scripts

Overwrite the existing HG612_stats.exe with the one I send to you.

Run the GUI (HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe) & in the Settings/Modem Settings tab enter the modem's details such as IP address, username & password & make sure you choose the ZyXel modem from the Modem type dropdown list.

If you aren't asked, in the Main menu list, click the Tasks item & choose the Create logging task option & enter whatever username & password you normally use to login to Windows.

Click the Ongoing stats & Snapshot stats buttons to make them active & that's it.

You can tweak various settings whenever you want, such as disabling extensive or extra debugging logging, setting the scheduled graphing times to your personal preferences etc.
However, it's probably best to let it run with default settings for testing purposes.

Some settings are saved by default, but during setting it up, if the Save settings button becomes active, click it to save any changes you have made.

If you forget, the GUI should ask you to save them when you exit it.

The GUI can be left running if you wish, but unless you disable any of the logging options, the programs should run silently (invisible) anyway.

Any queries, just ask.
I'll respond if I'm around, but as quite a few Kitz forum members use HG612 Modem Stats, I'm sure one of them will be able to assist.

If do you experience any program problems (crashes etc.), I might ask you to forward one or more of the various logs to me, depending on your brief description of the issue.

I hope it works first time for you as it certainly works with ZyXel modems on non-G.INP activated connections & as the raw data from a ZyXel 'appears' to be identical to the raw data from a Billion, I think it should work straight away.

Good luck & please let me know how it goes.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:22:27 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

AArdvark

• Kitizen

All running with no problems for the last 24 hrs +
(Co-existing with DSLStats problem free)

Looking very good and ready to go, from my perspective.

WWWombat

• Kitizen

Hi BE,

My billion 8800NL has gone to G.INP, and the current stats harvesting fails.

I'm currently running 5.0.0.1 of both HG612_stats and HG612_current_stats; the crash itself is in HG612_stats.

Am I running the version that ought to work with the 8800NL, or do you need to send me anything.

(And, given that I now have a line I can extract G.INP data from myself, having the whizzy new graphs would help. Mind you, I'm still stuck reading the g.inp specs...)

Pete-B

• Just arrived

I have been trying out the bugfix with an 8800NL.

I'm currently running 5.0.0.2 of HG612_stats and and 5.0.0.1 of HG612_current_stats.

Pete

Ronski

• Kitizen

WWWombat,  I'm sure you need v5.0.0.2. If BE1 don't reply and I remember when I get home I'll send you a copy.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Ronski

• Kitizen

Wwwombat you have a PM  :)

WWWombat

• Kitizen

Ta. That's got harvesting back in place.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP

what was the PM? is it a private fix or is the latest released version ok?

Ronski

• Kitizen

It was the one that predates the latest update, version 5.0.0.2.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP

this needs releasing, the test version seems to be delayed a long time.

5.0.0.1 on beta update.

Ronski

• Kitizen

Latest updates were released Sunday morning,  mine here at work updated Monday morning. Have you checked for updates?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP

current_stats is 5.0.0.3 I just noticed but rest are older.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

Which program versions do you have now? (A screenshot would confirm).

Not all of the programs need/needed an update.

Pages: [1] 2