Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: G.INP and ECI  (Read 41953 times)

AArdvark

• Kitizen
Re: G.INP and ECI
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2015, 12:37:34 PM »

BT's global skunkworks other wise known as Adastral Park.

Jargon decypher:
The designation "skunk works" or "skunkworks*" is widely used in business, engineering, and technical fields to describe a group within an organization given a high degree of autonomy and unhampered by bureaucracy, tasked with working on advanced or secret projects.
[All the 'Good' stuff  ;D]

*Origin Story: http://www.lockheedmartin.co.uk/us/aeronautics/skunkworks/origin.html
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 01:09:56 PM by AArdvark »

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2015, 12:41:33 PM »

I'm using a Huawei on an ECI cab, and my stats say 5 for INP....  ???

Also I  guess when the ECI cabs are enabled I'll be ready to go, I have the latest (v30) of the modem firmware which should compatible with an ECI cab running INP (and vectoring eventually)  right??   ;D

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2015, 01:30:38 PM »

With an INP value of 44, it certainly seem like you have G.INP running.

The mention of G.INP itself might be a red herring - in other modems, a setting of "on" merely indicates that the modem is willing to allow G.INP, rather than indicating that it is turned on. However, that screen layout on the fritz might well indicate that it is actually turned on.

You are obviously an unwitting guinea pig, living there...

I can confirm that as having used a FB 7490 on my connection, if it says on that it means it's definitely on (not that it's just supported). On my own connection it has said off when I used it.

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2015, 02:19:55 PM »

Anyone willing to call this the 1st ECI G.INP'd ?

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2015, 02:58:00 PM »

@Mike Turner

Can you manage to post detailed line statistics from a telnet session into the modem? It'll be useful to compare with the existing ones on Huawei DSLAMs...

Mike Turner

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2015, 03:01:37 PM »

I'm afraid that I don't know the telnet commands for the FB 7490. I don't believe that it has the Broadcom chip.

If anyone can tell me the commands, I am quite willing to post the results.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2015, 03:13:31 PM »

If I can find the commands I used when I was using the the FB 7490 then I'll post them, unfortunately I didn't keep notes as there wasn't any real interest in my FB 7490 thread a while ago. An example of the output I had a while ago is at http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=bSuFD3x2 if anyone's curious. It's quite detailed.

EDIT: In telnet you run the following... dsl_monitor --supportdata

You must enable telnet via the telephone (e.g. DECT or connect one to the phone socket on the back). Google for instructions on that one.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:15:59 PM by Ixel »

Mike Turner

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2015, 03:28:42 PM »

Hows this:-

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2015, 08:33:32 PM »

I had a look and there is loads of stuff in this mdem txt dunp i am not seeing anything that suggests G.INP is enabled

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2015, 08:44:33 PM »

I had a look and there is loads of stuff in this mdem txt dunp i am not seeing anything that suggests G.INP is enabled

Then I recommend visiting Specsavers or an alternative optician ;).

Code: [Select]
DS Delay         : 0
DS INP           : 44.0

DS RTX active                         : 1
DS RTX used                           : RTX in use

Although the statistics don't appear to be meaningful.

Mine said this:
Code: [Select]
DS Delay         : 11
DS INP           : 7.0

DS RTX active                         : 0
DS RTX used                           : RTX_USED unknown
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:48:24 PM by Ixel »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2015, 09:42:16 PM »

I did wonder why no members were putting there conculsion into mike turners stats so i decided to roll the ball to initiate a responce and since you have responded would you be able to walk us though was your seeing so far ?

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2015, 11:00:39 PM »

I did wonder why no members were putting there conculsion into mike turners stats so i decided to roll the ball to initiate a responce and since you have responded would you be able to walk us though was your seeing so far ?

I'm confused by your question, I thought I quoted the comparisons above - pointing out where it's indicating retransmission/G.INP is active.

However, I do find one thing puzzling. That is the upstream shows no G.INP.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2015, 11:50:06 PM »

I'm confused by your question, I thought I quoted the comparisons above - pointing out where it's indicating retransmission/G.INP is active.

Honestly the extra data that's showing with G.INP enable lines/modems is confusing i just thought you could help me and maybe others understand or interpret this data  :)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2015, 07:51:30 AM »

\

Honestly the extra data that's showing with G.INP enable lines/modems is confusing i just thought you could help me and maybe others understand or interpret this data  :)

Not quite sure what the problem is but using even more words on the data Ixel posted:

DS RTX means Downstream Retransmission  - and the latter is G.INP technology - and 1 means it's active and In Use as it says

DS RTX active                         : 1
DS RTX used                           : RTX in use

At least that's how my simple mind sees it. The detail that BE1 has posted elsewhere though I have no idea  ???

FWIW there are now some 40+ users Live on MDWS with G.INP applied, all on Huawei cabs so far.

Edit: one more now with adslmax in the fold....

Every one of these so far has values of INP of 40+ applied on both U/S and D/S - no one has it only on D/S so far....

Attached is a list of them all for reference if you don't use MDWS.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:04:06 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2015, 09:47:58 AM »

I wonder if ECI's going to have it on downstream only for some reason, or whether it's something on the Fritz!Box 7490 that's controlling the upstream side of the G.INP and saying 'no' somehow? I know the FB 7490 has a habit of dynamically choosing whether bitswap's needed or not as when it's first synced it will say bitswap is off for both DS and US, and then may later on say it's on for either DS or US or even both.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

anything