Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: G.INP and ECI  (Read 41976 times)

Ixel

• Kitizen
Re: G.INP and ECI
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2015, 01:47:01 PM »

Maybe it will worth using ECI modems, for short intervals if not for longer, in order to get the modem software update that should occur prior to G.INP implementation.  If you don't the ECI may become unusable should G.INP be enabled on your line. Perhaps anyone using an ECI routinely could keep an eye open for that happening.

My ECI /r already reports ReTx stuff via the dsl cpe thingy on telnet, so my guess is mine has already got the firmware upgraded to support G.INP (once the ECI cabinet also offers it) - although I'm not currently using it.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2015, 02:07:25 PM »

I think BS has cheered up all people on ECI dslams now :) as at least we now know its coming and we not been abandoned.

And we can hope this also means that vectoring is heading our way to.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2015, 02:35:26 PM »

Maybe it will worth using ECI modems, for short intervals

Beginning to wonder if this is why I got slammed with INP from nowhere?

G.inp got enabled, 70 odd modems retrained but not all of us had compatible modems? Could the crosstalk from that make DLM apply emergency style interleaving? :)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 04:47:53 PM »

I think BS has cheered up all people on ECI dslams now :) as at least we now know its coming and we not been abandoned.

And we can hope this also means that vectoring is heading our way to.

It sure does. This will not be an overnight thing, and as always patience is a virtue. But, it will start to be introduced to the larger (MA5603) Huawei DSLAMs initially, then to the smaller (MA5616) Huawei DSLAMs at a later stage. I'm sure ECI will follow at some point but can't comment further on that.

A line can be in 3 different states on a vectored DSLAM depending on the customers CPE:

Vector (Full) = the modem is fully compatible with vectoring and on a DSLAM where vectoring is running it will synch in vectored mode and get a speed result based on that.
Vector (Friendly) = the modem is not fully compatible with vectoring, but can provide some information about cross talk to the DSLAM, this means the vector engine gets results from this which it can use to improve performance for those that are compatible, but this modem it’s self will get a standard VDSL speed.
Vector (off) = this is also known as not vector friendly, the modem is not able to support vectoring at all and provides no useful information to the DSLAM about cross talk, and it only gets standard VDSL speed.

Exciting and interesting times lie ahead, methinks ?? I hope it delivers great results, and that the 'Glass half-empty' brigade give it a chance to be implemented before it gets slated ??  :)

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2015, 04:56:48 PM »

You must have the patience of a saint!  Putting up with us 'orrible lot :D

Thanks for the top info! :)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2015, 05:24:28 PM »

Not really ....... you should see my collection of Voodoo dolls !!  ;) ;D ;D

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2015, 06:51:02 PM »

Not really ....... you should see my collection of Voodoo dolls !!  ;) ;D ;D
Sorry! I can't imagine you as a pin up boy! Half a mo; should I have written pinned up :P ;)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2015, 07:26:12 PM »

For 'Pin-up boy' ..... see the G.IMP thread.  ;) ;D

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2015, 07:37:57 PM »

Well I never ........... just having a dig around our zillion internal systems and found a site that mentions actual turning on of vectoring.
It's a 'read only' site and won't allow searches. However, it would appear from the limited amount I've seen that vectoring takes approx. 15mins DSLAM downtime to install, and is scheduled to take place anytime between 0100-0600 in the small hours. I'm guessing it could be a robotic task ???

danivtec

• Just arrived
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2015, 09:42:41 PM »

Any indication on when it's due to roll out yet?

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2015, 10:17:53 PM »

As we speak, danivtec.  :)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2015, 10:25:39 PM »

Apart from hopefully an increase in speed is there anyway to tell if vectoring is enabled on a line?
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2015, 12:39:43 AM »

Theres a few examples of stats from Eircom vectored lines here.    I cant see anything obvious other than the increase in attainable speeds.

That said most arent posting full stats, so there may be some indication elsewhere.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2015, 09:25:22 AM »

Other than a noticeable change in attainable rate and SNR margin, I don't believe modems typically display the vectoring state.

However, the ASUS (when using TC Console) shows the vectoring state with 'wan adsl diag', and some reasonably good news is that it's looking likely that when G.INP is enabled on a circuit then it will work fine at full sync rate in comparison to the HG612 or ECI /* modems (as G.INP is most likely masking a compatibility issue with a good number of fastpath VDSL2 connections). Hoping ASUS will fix the actual problem in the end however, without me relying on G.INP to save the day.

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2015, 07:18:50 PM »

The lantiq dsl_cpe_control vectoring related commands are:

dsmcg DSM_ConfigGet
dsmcs DSM_ConfigSet
dsmsg DSM_StatusGet
dsmstatg DSM_STATisticsGet
dsmmcg DSM_MacConfigGet
dsmmcs DSM_MacConfigSet
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7