Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Seeing some SNR oddities since G.inp activated  (Read 3227 times)

tommy45

• Reg Member
Seeing some SNR oddities since G.inp activated
« on: April 18, 2015, 02:01:20 PM »

I have noticed some odd increases and decreases in SNR  and Attainable rates since G.inp ed  Snr will go as high as 7.6db and as low as 6.6db and there is a pattern emerging the times of day it changes  are most frequently around 12am or 12pm,  when there's a bigger increase/decrease  there's a spike of FEC's and a small amount of Error secs and crc's  at those times, a have also noticed that bit swapping appears to pause at those times too,  there isn't any obvious reason why it would do this ,type of  cycling ,

I in doing some comparisons  between when my connection was  Fast path  and now it's g.inp'ed  the bit's per tone are lower now than they used to be is this due to g.inp?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Seeing some SNR oddities since G.inp activated
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 02:58:08 PM »

Very difficult to say.  :-\  As G.INP is still new to all of us, the best thing you can do is to keep monitoring the circuit's statistics and review the data regularly. Hopefully a pattern will eventually emerge which will then add further knowledge to the subject.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 03:17:31 PM »

Well it's been around a month today  that I've been g.inped, there seems to be a 10day or so cycle  where the SNR will be around it's current value for the next 10 days or so,  then it will increase in steps  then 10 days at the higher SNR level  before going to what it is now,  I wonder if it's DLM related , some sort of sequence to determine  if it should make changes to the INP levels perhaps, ?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 05:26:08 PM »

hmmm  just had a look, so there is.   I cant see any reason why it would change as your error rates look fine. 
G.INP = 47 has stayed he same throughout the period as has Interleaving and delay.  So unless there is something in the figures that isnt recorded by MDWS I dont know.   
As regards the latest period its possible that one of your disturbers has been away on holiday for the week and turned the modem/router off. :shrug2:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

BigJ

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 01:12:07 PM »

Hi toomy45

I've seen the same thing happen twice, today and yesterday around midday lasting for roughly 1-2hrs.

Noise margin
Down 6.3 -> 8.1 db
Up 12.2 -> 12.7 db

Attainable
Down 66925 -> 73048 Mbps
Up 29662 -> 30351 Mbps

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 02:33:47 AM »

The other odd thing is that my snr values used to always be above 7.0 ds and 15.2 us when on fast path, and the attainable was around 82-83mbps, i currently see similar attainable but lower snr figures , the only other change is the us power, it is now slightly higher, I thought g.inp gave an increase in spare snr levels ?

BigJ

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 02:57:01 PM »

Tom

Have you noticed the time period over which the changes occur increasing? For me

1st ~50mins
2nd ~1.3hrs
3rd ~7.6hrs

Edit: In anyone is interested, stats available on MDWS for BigJ
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:59:50 PM by BigJ »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 12:18:01 PM »

BigJ - Yours appears quite typical of a disturber line switching their modem off. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker