Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Query re: OR Engineer visit & Zyxel modem  (Read 17757 times)

AArdvark

• Kitizen
Re: Query re: OR Engineer visit & Zyxel modem
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2015, 01:01:29 AM »

involve several levels of hierarchy to reach a decision! :)
Its BT, its OR .............................................. what does experience tell you ?

::)  ;D

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2015, 08:45:33 PM »

Plusnet Question Number: #100230761

Joy of Joys, BT have 'fixed' the problem ..........NOT >:(  >:( >:( >:( :rant: :shoot:
But they have closed the call and thrown it back to Plusnet.

[FYI: Plusnet liase with BTW who then engage OR. So there is no direct link to OR for Plusnet (As told by Plusnet Helpdesk)]

My line re-synced this morning at 4:58am.

I have been 'Lift & shifted' at least twice yet I am worse off.

Until the onset of line faults the line was 79987/19999 this was solid for months on end. I have been with Plusnet from Aug 2014.

This is worse than I had before the 2nd OR Engineer call out. (Max attainable was 77xxx just the profile was locked at 67M !!!)
My Max Attainable is now lower than ever and it is unlikely to increase once DLM gets to work 'Tuning the line'. (Decrease more likely)
This is worse than I had after the 1st OR Engineer callout on 10/03/2015 when it was 'Fixed' but not fixed if you understand.

Line performance at 6:00 on the day the 2nd Engineer came was as follows:

After 1st fix by 2nd Engineer:

I now have the following:

Max Attainable:   69300
Sync:                  69288
Interleaving         1/1
INP                     0
Delay                  0
G.INP                  Off

From here it is all downhill................

Plusnet insist there is no problem as I am "in the range expected'  ::) (What a surprise that one is !!!)
Very long conversation, lots of banging of my head against a brick wall.
No means to query what has been done by OR in relation to original line performance.
Quote: "There is no fault to log so cannot raise this with OR."

I am now posting the full Call Log for your information & comment.

[Sorry 'BIG' Consists of PDF's+Screencaps etc. All docs as uploaded to Plusnet.]
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qb28aae0dqi8cxh/AABnMVvW-q_z-gAr410-keKpa?dl=0

Frustration levels are off the scale & I need ideas to progress this. (Please  :))

Please let me know if there are problems with the docs etc.
TIA
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:46:34 AM by AArdvark »

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2015, 08:57:06 PM »

Migrate to AAISP  :cool:

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2015, 09:41:54 PM »

Quick reply, and have only sped-read the thread so apologies if I haven't understood the issue fully ?

A few years ago we had massive issues with the VTUC cards on the ECI cabs, (don't know which you vendor are on ??). They were swopped out to version 3 but some incompatibility with the firmware (if memory recalls ?) caused very similar problems with what you have covered. There were umpteen Cabs/DSLAMS affected, and only by retro-fitting the version 2 cards did this cure the mammoth amount of faults being raised on a daily basis.

I have no idea what your metallic path facility tests like, just thought I'd throw in a scenario that took quite a while to bottom out.

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2015, 10:02:41 PM »

I would if I could.
I only have TalkTalk, Sky, BT, Plusnet to choose from.

(Ex Sky after Be was bought  :( :'( and TalkTalk were told to go away in short sharp jerkys for saturation tele-marketing to my address)
TT, Sky are out. So no choice.  :(

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2015, 10:08:07 PM »

just thought I'd throw in a scenario that took quite a while to bottom out.

Thanks but the response from OR & Plusnet is that the problem is solved and call is done.
I do not agree but I count for nothing apparently, I only pay for the random service OR gives BTW who supply Plusnet.
[Sorry, not personal but I am 'Not Happy' surprisingly. Who would have thought. ??!!]  ;D ;D

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2015, 10:11:00 PM »

Black Sheep,

Forgot I am on Huawei DSLAM and using HG612 when Engineer calls.  ;)
Zyxel 8324 at other times as it gives at least 5M higher Sync.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2015, 10:20:08 PM »

Posting my stats, just for the record and for comparison.  Purely because Aardvark previously always had very similar stats to mine.

Code: [Select]
adsl info --stats
adsl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Last Retrain Reason:    0
Last initialization procedure status:   0
Max:    Upstream rate = 30295 Kbps, Downstream rate = 82806 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 20000 Kbps, Downstream rate = 79987 Kbps

Link Power State:       L0
Mode:                   VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile:          Profile 17a
TPS-TC:                 PTM Mode
Trellis:                U:ON /D:ON
Line Status:            No Defect
Training Status:        Showtime
                Down            Up
SNR (dB):        6.7             12.6
Attn(dB):        0.0             0.0
Pwr(dBm):        14.3            6.1
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2015, 10:22:21 PM »

Ardvark.  I note you say you have had 2 previous lift and shifts but I presume that they are on the same card.   Has there been anything about the fact that the OR engineer found an issue that seemed to be affecting a lot of lines on the same linecard.

I'm highly suspicious that the OR engineer who visited you (the afternoon before a bank holiday) said that there was an issue at the DSLAM... and here we are bank holiday not yet over and its been closed.   I do not see anyway where they over the bank holiday weekend would have swapped out linecards.   More likely your 'fault' got closed as he walked away and its taken a couple of days for this info to filter back to Plusnet and then back to you.

Thanks but the response from OR & Plusnet is that the problem is solved and call is done.

Let me see if I can poke someone for you.

-----
PS can you add your ticket# to this thread.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:39:42 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2015, 10:50:36 PM »

The 2nd Engineer did a L&S and the call detail on the call (Read PDF) states another L&S was done which is called the solution to the problem.

I know it is confusing, I could not condense the information from the call, I tried.

In the end I had to post the lot to ensure no 'truths' were lost or inadvertent 'lies' make by me.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:44:43 AM by AArdvark »

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2015, 01:32:38 AM »

I'm highly suspicious that the OR engineer who visited you (the afternoon before a bank holiday) said that there was an issue at the DSLAM... and here we are bank holiday not yet over and its been closed.   I do not see anyway where they over the bank holiday weekend would have swapped out linecards.   More likely your 'fault' got closed as he walked away and its taken a couple of days for this info to filter back to Plusnet and then back to you.
That is one of my points.
Reading the reply from Plusnet they have been told.
Engineer Notes
2015-04-02 15:40:36 : 02/04/2015 15:40:32- Notes - DCOE DONE LIFT AND SHIFT BUT PORT STILL DROPPING AND SLOWING DOWN TOLD TO SEND BACK INCOMPLETE FOR DIAGNOSTIC TEST E/U MOBILE 0744949

DCOE: The woosh test is a pass no fault found, an engineer has today done a lift and shift and the line is now in full sync at speeds of 61.5 down and 20 up which are slightly exceeding the predicted 54.5 down and 15.7 up. The line may needsome time to settle but i am passing it back to the cp as OK RWT by DT.

Summary
line not banded, no errors, REIN and Crosstalk not detected. sync above estimate, updated WP profile.
The bold is my emphasis.
This is a line which before being touched was at 66999/20000 G.INP On & was being investigated for a fault.
Suddenly the line is predicted to be 54.5/15.7 so 61.5/20 is a win. (How convenient just the sync I got after the 1st fix by the 2nd Engineer!!!)
End of Game, pack up & go home  ???

As you rightly say nothing has happened over the Easter period, the DSLAM fault is 'no-more' and I am worse off.
This is the reason I am doing 'Hulk' impressions. (I am running out of Shirts  :( ;D )

Someone has simply cleared all the faults associated with the call on the back of a woosh test.
The engineer had said the line tested good but had random drops so the Woosh test proves nothing.
I am also assuming the Woosh test is remotely done so not even testing at the DSLAM itself which is where the problem was reported.
I assert Remote Diagnostics are NOT 100% fool proof.
Anyone who wants to prove me wrong is welcome to do so.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 01:55:44 AM by AArdvark »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2015, 01:47:25 AM »

I would if I could.
I only have TalkTalk, Sky, BT, Plusnet to choose from.

Why does that preclude you from using the services of A&A???
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2015, 02:19:40 AM »

When I have looked up Isp's I can use on my exchange AAISP does not come up in any list.
Can I use anyone ?
How does that work ?

Send from LG G3 via Tapatalk (Typos & bad formatting are free)

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2015, 03:05:36 AM »

You seem to be looking at ISPs with an LLU presence i.e. their own backhaul.

Most other ISPs use BT Wholesale backhaul and perhaps TT backhaul, AAISP included.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2015, 11:20:41 AM »

Engineer Notes
2015-04-02 15:40:36 : 02/04/2015 15:40:32- Notes - DCOE DONE LIFT AND SHIFT BUT PORT STILL DROPPING AND SLOWING DOWN TOLD TO SEND BACK INCOMPLETE FOR DIAGNOSTIC TEST E/U MOBILE 0744949

DCOE: The woosh test is a pass no fault found, an engineer has today done a lift and shift and the line is now in full sync at speeds of 61.5 down and 20 up which are slightly exceeding the predicted 54.5 down and 15.7 up. The line may needsome time to settle but i am passing it back to the cp as OK RWT by DT.

Summary
line not banded, no errors, REIN and Crosstalk not detected. sync above estimate, updated WP profile.

Good.  You have on there that the engineer recognised there was still a problem

Bad.   Dont know what DCOE is, but a woosh test is a remote test that basically checks your line stats and things like how long the line has been in sync etc.   This is an old version of what they used to look like - Woosh.  It checks your line and not the line card.

Bad.  The line checker adjusting to 54.5/15.7.   Prior to the fault I can confirm that you indeed did have a 80/20Mbps connection.  That is so unfair that in the case of a linefault then the BT estimates go down in line with the rate of loss and they say hey its syncing within our estimates.   I'd be furious too.
-----
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5