Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Odd BQM Pings  (Read 1893 times)

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
Odd BQM Pings
« on: March 05, 2015, 08:30:42 PM »

Since going on to fast path again, my Latency dropped obviously and now PlusNet have change my profile I have around 4mps more bandwidth.

However my BQM graph is now showing lots of spikes. The attached Graph shows a ISP drop of PPoE at just before 0200, at 0830 I tried a gateway hop to get a better latency. Since then I have been on various BNG gateways and not much change in the results. Speed is fine and Pings to BBC constant at 13ms. I also have a ADSL2+ connection also on a BNG gateway showing a similar pattern.

Any views...does it matter my Line stats are fine and stable

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: Odd BQM Pings
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 08:54:38 PM »

You seem to have a steady error rate although no where near DLM sniffing it, but I doubt thats the cause of the spikes.

I've seen this before on the BQM for my line, and the SamKnows box shows perfectly fine latency. A full reboot and resync has solved it for me in the past, but I wouldn't recommend you do that as you'd lose sync speed.
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 08:57:40 PM »

Jamie.

Thanks. I guess it might be router issues as the ASDL is on the same router ( Draytec dual wan) but as every thing else is OK I guess I will leave it.

Tony

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 10:08:20 PM »

Jamie

Gave the router a complete power down (not FTTC modem of course) and now I'm on PCL-AG01 for FTTC and PCL-BNG02 for ADSL2.

Its a bit early but doesn't seem to have changed things. I suppose its either a general PlusNet gateway issue or my Router, As the Spikes are common to both connections.

Although I think the FTTC is looking a bit quieter already, and I have read the AG01 routers are carrying much less traffic

Tony

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 11:30:32 PM »

Jamie

Gave the router a complete power down (not FTTC modem of course) and now I'm on PCL-AG01 for FTTC and PCL-BNG02 for ADSL2.

Its a bit early but doesn't seem to have changed things. I suppose its either a general PlusNet gateway issue or my Router, As the Spikes are common to both connections.

Although I think the FTTC is looking a bit quieter already, and I have read the AG01 routers are carrying much less traffic

Tony

Tony,

Your stats look fine, so I would say if everything is performing normally I wouldn't worry, the BQM can be affected by your router, or even the ISP's network.

If you notice slow downs or stalling when browsing, then its time to worry :)

Jamie
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 08:21:25 AM »

Thanks Jamie. Think your right, was much less in the night when its quite suggesting perhaps the ISP !

Tony