Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: DSLstats v5.4 released  (Read 42519 times)

npr

• Reg Member
Re: DSLstats v5.4 released
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2015, 06:39:30 PM »

I have the RPi version up and running  but just have the following couple of difficulties.

In the Configuration > Graphs tab, by default the sample time is set to every 30 seconds.
If I change this figure, after a program restart the sample time returns to every 30 seconds.
This is the same in the windows version and the RPi version.

Is there a known issue with the webserver feature in the RPi version? -- I haven't tried the windows version. html files are placed in the webserver folder but I can't access them from another PC on the LAN.
Does dslstats contain a server or do I need to install one?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2015, 06:41:13 PM »

Should I re-start DSLstats via re-booting laptop ?.

You don't need to reboot the laptop, just restart DSLstats.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2015, 06:47:38 PM »

@npr: For the webserver, have you followed the instructions here: http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/webserver.html ?

I'll check the other issue.
  Eric

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2015, 07:58:00 PM »

Yes I've followed those instruction, even disabled the PC's firewall.
I've now tried with the windows version with the same result.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2015, 10:58:55 PM »

Sorry to labour the point, but it does work on all four types of OS here. At present I have DSLstats running on this PC, which has a LAN IP address of 192.168.1.32. The webserver is running on port 55555. Several types of graph are enabled, including SNR Margin.

I go to another machine on the LAN, open a browser. and enter 192.168.1.32:55555/snrm.html, and the SNR margin graph is displayed in the browser.
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2015, 03:17:45 PM »

Should I re-start DSLstats via re-booting laptop ?.

You don't need to reboot the laptop, just restart DSLstats.
I did not want to re-start DSLstats for now as my line has been better this week and I wanted the graphs up.

Just another few pennies worth about the graph that failed, I found out I can use the 'scroll' wheel on the mouse to go back though the last few days and Noticed that all other days the graphs are blank except they have red and green on the zero line, it's like the y-axis 'Bitswaps per min' is not being generated.
Hope it helps in your diagnosis.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2015, 03:57:50 PM »

Thanks for that extra information.
  Eric

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2015, 05:06:10 PM »

Yes I'm trying to access the web server correctly I also disabled windows firewall just to be sure that's not blocking these high port numbers.
Nmap shows a server is active on the RPi's port 55555, it's just not serving any web pages on my system.

I notice the path to the webserver folder follows that specified for "snapshots". I changed this from default before I tried the webserver, could it be the path I'm using is causing my problem.

I have now installed another webserver on the RPi and that's serving web pages as expected from the webserver folder. The only difference in the way they are both accessed is the port number. I would prefer not to have this second server running especially as the one in dslstats is proved to be working on your system. Any thought on what I can try will be very much appreciated.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2015, 06:41:03 PM »

I'll set up my RPi tomorrow and try to reproduce your experience. I guess the change of webserver folder might be the issue. What did you change it to? And are there any relevant entries in the event log?
  Eric

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2015, 09:20:02 PM »

I changed the snapshots directory to /home/pi/dslstats
Which makes the webserver folder /home/pi/dslstats/webserver
There's also a folder home/pi/.dslstats which holds:
dslstats.ini errors.dat es.data traffic.ini

Event log:
20 Feb 2015 22:33:15    Configuration file stored in /home/pi/.dslstats/
20 Feb 2015 22:33:15    The configured modem/router is Huawei HG635
20 Feb 2015 22:33:15    Error restoring login configuration
20 Feb 2015 22:33:15    Snapshot folder is /home/pi/dslstats/
20 Feb 2015 22:33:15    Webserver folder is now /home/pi/dslstats/websetver/
20 Feb 2015 22:33:15    Webserver started
20 Feb 2015 22:33:15    Recording started

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2015, 10:53:40 PM »

Thanks for the information.

20 Feb 2015 22:33:15    Webserver folder is now /home/pi/dslstats/websetver/

websetver? Is that what it really said?
  Eric

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2015, 08:20:50 AM »

No, sorry that's a typo by me.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »

I'm afraid I haven't made any progress because I can't reproduce the problem. I've set up my RPi and started with a freshly downloaded copy of DSLstats. First I configured it to use the default snapshot folder and I enabled the webserver with the SNRM and bitloading graphs. It worked properly and I could access it from any other machine on the network.

While it was running I reconfigured the snapshot folder to /home/pi/dslstats/ and it transferred the webserver over to that folder and carried on working properly. I tried changing other things and adding more items to be monitored. I closed down and restarted DSLstats, and it carried on working.

This is grasping at straws, but I'm guessing that /home/pi/dslstats is the folder where you copied the main DSLstats files. I just wonder if there could be some conflict in also using this for the webserver files (although I can't see it). Could you try reverting to the default snapshot folder /home/pi/.dslstats (or create a new folder for the purpose) if you haven't already tried this?
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2015, 05:47:56 PM »

No, sorry that's a typo by me.
Are you sure you have No typo's on the pi config  :hmm:
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2015, 10:12:44 PM »

Thanks roseway, but I've made no progress getting the webserver to work on my system.
Yes dslstats was installed to the /home/pi/dslstats folder, there is also a /home/pi/.dslstats folder containing dslstats.ini.

The GUI will not allow changing the snapshot folder to a hidden folder, the only way I see to do that is by editing the dslstats.ini file which I haven't as yet tried.
I have tried reinstalling dslstats afresh on the RPi, this time to the folder home/pi/dslstats.5.4.1 with the webserver folder at home/pi/webserver. ---- nothing I tried worked.

If you wish to investigate this further I'll be more than happy to test anything you can suggestion.
From my point of view though I've found the following solution which is working very well for uploading the stats to my web site.
http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=14844.msg277288#msg277288
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

anything