Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: DSLstats v5.4 released  (Read 42504 times)

npr

• Reg Member
Re: DSLstats v5.4 released
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 04:06:49 PM »

I'm pleased to report the RPi version of v5.41 works fine with my HG635, both normal login and special login are good.

@kitzuser87430
I don't use xrdp, I use tightvncserver on the RPi and tightvnc viewer on the PC.
Instructions for installing tightvncserver and more importantly how to make it auto start can be found here.
http://www.penguintutor.com/linux/tightvnc

All up and running on the RPI, just need a way to auto start dslstats.

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2015, 06:11:23 PM »

@nrp
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=18968

How to autostart apps (and create desktop shortcuts)

Ian

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 06:45:45 PM »

Thanks guys.

By the way, I use tightvncserver on the RPi and tightvncviewer (on Linux) too. It works well with the RPi running headless. I used parts of this guide to enable SSH and tightvnc: http://otapi.com/2015/02/10/raspberry-pi-2-freepascal-lazarus-and-delphi/
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 06:47:07 PM »

I'm not sure what text file you mean, but you should be able to include it in a forum message by enclosing it in code tags.
Sorry, The 'SNR per Tone' text file (is that used to make the graphs ?).
All the 'SNR per Tone' text files have negative values each day, maybe it was DSLstats 5.3 was not showing them ! and 5.4 is correct ?.
This is a Netgear DG834GT modem/router.

It certainly looks as though the SNR values are being plotted correctly now. I don't want to rescale the SNR per tone included on the bitloading graph because that will mess up the visual relationship between the two parts of the graph. The negative values have no practical significance, so I propose to convert them to zeroes. I suspect that's what newer Broadcom firmwares do anyway.
  Eric

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 07:17:12 PM »

I have attached an example from a G.DMT connection.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the data came from a ZyXel or Billion modem.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2015, 08:13:34 PM »

Thanks for that Paul. I'd never seen it go below 0 dB before, but clearly it does happen. As my graphs are now plotting the negative values correctly (albeit off the scale on the combined bitloading/SNR graph) I'm going to stick with the plan to make the negative values zero on the combined graph and leave the SNR per tone graph to autoscale as it already does.
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2015, 08:22:32 PM »

Just another datum point. When I was using a HG612 (on an ADSL2+ circuit) I occasionally saw negative SNR values. The HG612 would remain in synchronisation with the MSAN until the SNR reached -1.9 dB, at which point the connection was dropped.

Edited to strike out the nonsense.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:34:59 PM by burakkucat »
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2015, 10:49:17 PM »

Are you talking about the same thing? I remember you reporting occasions on which the SNRM fell below 0 dB without losing sync. But the issue here is SNR per tone. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you.

Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2015, 11:33:32 PM »

Hmm . . . Ah, yes. You are right and I am wrong.  :-[

Please ignore the irrelevant caterwauling.  :paperbag:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2015, 11:57:42 PM »

It certainly looks as though the SNR values are being plotted correctly now. I don't want to rescale the SNR per tone included on the bitloading graph because that will mess up the visual relationship between the two parts of the graph. The negative values have no practical significance, so I propose to convert them to zeroes. I suspect that's what newer Broadcom firmwares do anyway.
With the HG612 on the 5.3 software it did not report any negative values for this. :hmm: I will note what happens when I next put the HG612 back with 5.4.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2015, 01:35:46 PM »

I got this at "20 Feb 2015 02:20:38   Bitswaps per min snapshot failed" (repeated in error log !) and I have No 'Bits swap per min' graph  :o on the main display it's all grey page in area for graph , no grid lines or detail, top of page tabs ok, bottom of page graph detail tick box's etc. ok.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2015, 01:56:05 PM »

Do you have other graphs also set to autosave, and if so, which ones?
Did the autosaves work properly up to that point in time?
Did the program continue running properly apart from the Bitswaps per min graph?
Did autosaves continue to work after that point in time?
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2015, 03:19:25 PM »

Do you have other graphs also set to autosave, and if so, which ones?
Yes, see PM I can not see a way to send screen shots in a pm  :'(
Under 'Items to monitor' all tick box's ticked for ADSL connection.

Did the autosaves work properly up to that point in time?
Yes but graphs in auto save directory for 'SNRM per band Downstream and SNRM per band Upstream' are always blank and was with 5.3.
Did the program continue running properly apart from the Bitswaps per min graph?
Yes.
Did autosaves continue to work after that point in time?
Yes.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:28:02 PM by tickmike »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2015, 03:49:44 PM »

Thanks for that information.

Yes but graphs in auto save directory for 'SNRM per band Downstream and SNRM per band Upstream' are always blank and was with 5.3.

Those two graphs are only available on a VDSL2 connection, so it looks as though there's a bug which allows you to select them for autosnapshots. I'll make a note to correct that.

From your information it looks as though this was a one-off event which DSLstats should have trapped so it didn't cause any after effects. I'll see what I can do to stop it happening again, but if it does happen again please let me know.
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2015, 04:19:50 PM »

Should I re-start DSLstats via re-booting laptop ?.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10