Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: DSLstats v5.4 released  (Read 42350 times)

npr

• Reg Member
Re: DSLstats v5.4 released
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 01:25:46 PM »

Glad you've got a idea where the problem lies.
No rush from this end, v5.2 is working fine, please let me know if you need any testing.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 02:51:28 PM »

If it provides a fixup you might just try setting the modem type itself to HG622. Provided the IP and password/username are edited to be correct the rest of the settings should be correct.  I believe that is what is I used to do but I am not sure of the version of dslstats in place at the time.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2015, 03:12:22 PM »

@ tickmike: I don't think I've ever seen SNR values below zero before. The graph assumes that zero is the lowest value, so if the modem reports lower values they get plotted like that. I'll make a note to convert any negative values to zero in the next release.
Note the difference on the two graphs.
I set my laptop to use the new DSlstats this morning but I have not rebooted Modem !.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2015, 03:30:53 PM »

I'm not sure about that. The two graphs were snapped at different times, so the modem may not have been reporting any negative values when the first snap was taken.
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2015, 04:01:16 PM »

I'm not sure about that. The two graphs were snapped at different times, so the modem may not have been reporting any negative values when the first snap was taken.

Do you want me to send you the SNR per Tone text file via a PM ? or will it display on this forum ?.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 02:54:29 PM by tickmike »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 06:50:58 PM »

I'm not sure what text file you mean, but you should be able to include it in a forum message by enclosing it in code tags.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 07:23:52 PM »

Glad you've got a idea where the problem lies.
No rush from this end, v5.2 is working fine, please let me know if you need any testing.

I think I've fixed the problem. You can download the fixed Windows version v5.4.1 here: http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/files/dslstats32W-5.4.1.zip

This makes two changes:

1. When you select the Huawei HG635 from the Modem/router drop-down list, the "HG622 type" option is set automatically.
2. When you restart DSLstats after a shutdown the "HG622 type" option is properly restored (which it wasn't before).
  Eric

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2015, 08:12:44 PM »

Pleased to report v5.4.1 is working fine with the HG635 and windows.  :thumbs:
That's using either the normal login or using the special login.
I've since tried v5.4 on a raspberry pi and that has the same login problem, but I expect you know that.
Thanks roseway,  for all your work on this program it's much appreciated.  :clap2:

Can anyone please point me to a tutorial about running dslstats on a RPi?
Mainly I need to know how to auto start it on boot ---- that and about a million other things.

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2015, 08:54:14 PM »

I think I've fixed the problem. You can download the fixed Windows version v5.4.1 here:

Same as npr, can you please fix the pi version when you get a chance.

npr....I have been tring to sort out the pi version, the only advice I can give at the moment

1)Install Raspbian

2)open terminal and
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install telnet

3)Download roseways's dslstats and extract into any directory.

4) Open the file explorer and browse to the extracted files...double click on dslstats....click excecute.

This is now where I am experiencing troubles

Code: [Select]
Sudo apt-get install xrdp
This installs a rdp server on the pi but......rather randomly..... your gui session is not always restored after a disconnect and reconnect....you may logon to  a new blank session.

I have not yet investigated an auto run (mainly because of the hg622 and rdp problems).

This should get you started.

Ian

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2015, 10:44:22 PM »

Thanks for confirming that v5.4.1 works properly. I'll try to build the Linux and Raspberry Pi versions tomorrow.
  Eric

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2015, 12:02:17 PM »

A trivial thing.  I find the paw print icon missing in this version (run in XP).  I just used the icon from a previous version to have tidy shortcut but you may want to fix this some time.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2015, 01:07:47 PM »

A trivial thing.  I find the paw print icon missing in this version (run in XP).  I just used the icon from a previous version to have tidy shortcut but you may want to fix this some time.

I can certainly include an icon in the archives in future. I don't recall ever including one before. Are you referring to "dslstats.ico"?
  Eric

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2015, 01:23:06 PM »

Good question - I may not be being clear!

Previously the exe file showed up in its folder with a paw print and creating a shortcut lead to a shortcut with the same paw print icon. I put the shortcut on my desktop.  The notification paw print icon when the exe is actually run does work in all versions but I had to manually enable the icon for the shortcut with the latest versions.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2015, 01:53:07 PM »

Oh I see, yes. Various icons are stored within the executable, but I recently changed the way they're stored and used. I'm not sure at present why the application icon doesn't show, but I'll look into it.
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2015, 03:04:28 PM »

I'm not sure what text file you mean, but you should be able to include it in a forum message by enclosing it in code tags.
Sorry, The 'SNR per Tone' text file (is that used to make the graphs ?).
All the 'SNR per Tone' text files have negative values each day, maybe it was DSLstats 5.3 was not showing them ! and 5.4 is correct ?.
This is a Netgear DG834GT modem/router.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10