Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: DSLstats v5.4 released  (Read 42502 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
DSLstats v5.4 released
« on: February 17, 2015, 10:23:01 AM »

This release consolidates various changes made in pre-release versions since v5.3, and adds some small additional improvements. In particular, it resolves an issue in the Linux/Raspberry Pi versions which caused MDWS uploads to fail if there is a $ in the user's validation key.

Changes since pre-release version 5.3.1/2:

- MDWS 'per-tone' values are now rounded to one decimal place
- DSL uptime is now shown correctly with Zyxel VMG1312-B30B
- DSL mode is now detected correctly with OvisLink OV303RG
- G.INP status is now reported in the Stats summary (no details, just 'Enabled' or 'Not enabled')
- fixed MDWS 'USER MISMATCH' error with validation key containing $ character

Changes since previous release v5.3:

- corrected small cosmetic error on Snapshots page in Windows version
- when the average error values are reset, the SES values are now included
- when the MDWS options "SNR per tone" and "Bitloading" are enabled, the corresponding
  options in "Items to monitor" cannot now be disabled
- when the option "SNR per tone" is disabled in "Items to monitor", its sub-items "Show as
  separate graph" and "Include with bitloading" are also disabled
- empty text files of error averages are no longer autosaved
- eliminated false positives in detecting resync events
- added option to select the font used in the graphs
- the configured modem/router model is noted in the event log on startup and after changing
- with modems which don't report FECs directly, DSLstats now falls back to RSCorr for FECs
- uploads to MDWS from locales which use a comma as the decimal divider are now converted
  to the UK format before uploading
- modified the telnet login function slightly to accommodate modems which apply extra
  formatting to the login prompt
- corrected errors in MDWS functions in Raspberry Pi version
- simplified the collection of MDWS data to reduce CPU load during sampling (for Raspberry Pi)

http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/downloads.html

(PS I can confirm that it works with the new Raspberry Pi 2 as well as the earlier versions.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 03:18:12 PM by roseway »
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Re: DSLstats v5.4 released
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 12:18:50 PM »

Thanks Eric, :)  I will try it tonight as I'm just going to have lunch and have a short walk (just getting over a chest infection :( ) being it's a nice sunny day.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 05:25:03 PM »

Downloaded to The Cattery and tested. Result was as we expected. I have saved a textual logfile of the output produced when the utility was executed under the control of strace.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 06:56:21 PM »

Thanks Mr Cat. :)
  Eric

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 07:33:15 PM »

Thanks for the update but I'm sorry to report I was unable to login to my HG635 with v5.3 and I'm still unable to login with V5.4 windows version.

It's using the same dslstats.ini file as v5.2, which works ok with the Huawei, so don't see what more I can do at this end.
Note the telnet login name for the HG635 is !!Huawei, could it be the exclamation marks causing the problem?
Unfortunately there's no know way to change the telnet login name with this router.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 10:44:46 PM »

Thanks for the update, all seems to be working ok here. :)

One tiny thing that's not important.   I usually update direct via the website and download files to my desktop.   This time I clicked the 'update' button and then spent 10 mins trying to find where the updated version had been downloaded to.   I know I was trigger happy, but it was only when I looked at dslstats event log file that I realised it had been put in C:\Users\kitz\AppData\Local\dslstats.

afaik I have everything set to C:\Users\kitz\Desktop\Connection\dslstats...  and I dont use any local\AppData for anything if I can avoid it.   Have I missed a setting somewhere?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 10:48:14 PM »

@npr: Yes, sorry I haven't been able to sort this out yet. I'll give it some attention now.
  Eric

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 11:01:04 PM »

Kitz when in the website use the save as option you won't need to go hunting for the DSLstats zipped file.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 11:06:45 PM »

@kitz: Thanks for the confirmation.

The download directory is configurable on the page which is revealed when an update is available. By default in Windows it's the same as the directory advised by the OS for saving the config files. I believe that is the directory you mentioned.

If you want to avoid this happening in the future you could edit dslstats.ini to set it to your directory of choice. It's in the [misc] section and is called DownloadDir.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 11:18:32 PM »

@NS - cheers, thats how I normally do it, this time I just clicked the button when dslstats advised me there was an update.  I was rushing and thought it would save me some time.

@eric.   Thank you - found it in the .ini file.   Have changed it for future downloads. :)

Code: [Select]
Minimise on close=1
DownloadDir=C:\Users\kitz\Desktop\Connection\dslstats\
Diagnostics=1
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 10:29:02 AM »

Thanks for the update but I'm sorry to report I was unable to login to my HG635 with v5.3 and I'm still unable to login with V5.4 windows version.

It's using the same dslstats.ini file as v5.2, which works ok with the Huawei, so don't see what more I can do at this end.
Note the telnet login name for the HG635 is !!Huawei, could it be the exclamation marks causing the problem?
Unfortunately there's no know way to change the telnet login name with this router.

Looking back over the other comments on the HG635, it looks as though this model needs the option "Modem/router is HG622 type" to be set. v5.2 attempted to detect this requirement automatically, but got it wrong sometimes, so I dropped the autodetection in v5.3. If you haven't already, could you try setting this option please?
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 12:45:19 PM »

It seems ok but :-
See Tone bit loading graph, as it now goes off bottom of graph on RHS  :'(
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 12:56:40 PM »

Looking back over the other comments on the HG635, it looks as though this model needs the option "Modem/router is HG622 type" to be set. v5.2 attempted to detect this requirement automatically, but got it wrong sometimes, so I dropped the autodetection in v5.3. If you haven't already, could you try setting this option please?

The first time HG622 is ticked I can login and start recording and stop and start recording with no problems. It's when the program has been stopped, when next started it will not login, I get the message at the top "Unable to login to modem/router".
If the HG622 tick is simply removed and replaced I can login again until the next time the program is restarted.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 12:57:45 PM »

@ tickmike: I don't think I've ever seen SNR values below zero before. The graph assumes that zero is the lowest value, so if the modem reports lower values they get plotted like that. I'll make a note to convert any negative values to zero in the next release.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 12:59:59 PM »

@npr: OK, thanks, I think I see where the problem lies now. I'll try to sort it out ASAP.
  Eric
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

anything