Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ADSL DSLAM  (Read 9550 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Re: ADSL DSLAM
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 11:08:58 PM »

They where a young couple, just got married last year and bought a new house in a another village.
They where not 'Tech' people .
They left the house before we had FTTC in the village
, looking at the logs in the HH they used that on PPPoA.

Why did they also leave a good washing machine, fridge/freezer, electric heaters and cooker etc. must have won the lottery  :lol:

I was talking to an BT OR chap doing a FTTC connection in another village I went through, so I stopped and had a chat with him,
He did say he has known a HG612 used on ADSL line before.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:23:46 PM by tickmike »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 11:28:50 PM »

He did say he has known a HG612 used on ADSL line before.

Yes they can be used on an adsl line, but where did any of the HG612's come from?   You cant just go buy one in the shops.
The sources are either  BT Openreach for use with fttc.. or a techie who buys one on the likes of ebay.   
They most certainly will not have been shipped one from BT to use with adsl.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 11:33:37 PM »

Just thought

Why did they also leave a good washing machine, fridge/freezer, electric heaters and cooker etc.
just got married last year

Duplication of items and couldnt be bothered to dispose of them by advertising for sale.     The HH3 and HG612 could have belonged to another property. Fttc has been around for several years now in other parts of the country.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 08:29:28 AM »

This is my one    DSLAM/MSAN type:   IFTN:0x70c8 / v0x70c8

Your modems were reporting this differently, as I recall, not that it makes much difference I spose.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 03:27:07 PM »

Just thought

Why did they also leave a good washing machine, fridge/freezer, electric heaters and cooker etc.
just got married last year

Duplication of items and couldnt be bothered to dispose of them by advertising for sale.     The HH3 and HG612 could have belonged to another property. Fttc has been around for several years now in other parts of the country.

Yes that's possible because they had a property each, that would explain why there was a HG612 in the property.
Top marks.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything