Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: From ThinkBroadband - TT, rural customers & g.fast  (Read 1765 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:47:53 AM by kitz »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

Kind of old news as Talktalk have dumped the IP streamer customers for last least two years, it's LLU or nothing for that sad ISP it won't be to long until talktalk becomes another ISP where you find it hard to remember the name.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: From ThinkBroadband - TT, rural customers & g.fast
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 12:01:27 PM »

For some Virgin Media National and Tesco customers there is a very important point in the financial results, some 108,000 broadband customers have been sold to Daisy Group PLC or more correctly Fleur Telecom who are part of Daisy. This 108,000 represents the off-net customers at TalkTalk, i.e. those in the 4% of the UK that is outside the LLU footprint, which has been static in size for the last two quarters. While the majority of the old Tesco and Virgin Media ADSL customers will be in the LLU footprint, there will be some that are not and thus may find themselves going through another provider change.

The dumping of non-LLU is no big surprise because theres not much profit in it for TT.   Here we go again with less choice for consumers especially the rural ones.   Fluer though was something that I'd not seen mention of before so I must have missed that.  I know Daisy usually only deal with business customers so I also suspect that its been specifically set up for home consumer market. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker